Puffiness in the right hypochondrium
Home »Pain of internal organs» Diseases that cause pain in the right hypochondrium
Pain in the right upper quadrant in front can cause such important to human organs as the lung, gall bladder, pancreas, liver, intestines and diaphragm, back there is a kidney.
In addition, pain can occur due to problems of the nervous system, irradiated in diseases of the spine. organs of the small pelvis, heart.
Therefore, if the pain begins to feel on the right side of the ribs, you need to see a doctor for examination to determine whether this is the beginning of a serious illness.
Causes that can cause pain under the ribs on the right
Most of the discomfort in the right upper quadrant causes diseases of such organs as the lung, gall bladder, heart.
Constant pain can be signs of the following diseases:
- Right lung
- Peptic ulcer of duodenum
- A heart
- Angina pectoris
- Myocardial infarction
- Right kidney
- Urolithiasis disease
- Tumors of the above organs
- Osteocondritis of the spine
- Injuries of ribs or organs located in the abdomen
If there is a sharp (not related to injury,and lasting more than 30 minutes), or aching pain in the right side under the rib (lasting more than an hour), increasing with walking, you need to immediately call an ambulance.
Pain in the right hypochondrium, appearing from time to time
Such painful sensations can appear in almost all people, even in the absence of any pathologies. In adolescents, it is associated with the growth of the body and its development.
Such "healthy pains" can be caused by:
- Physical stress. Most often this happens in untrained people who do not engage in sports, and who had to perform intensive physical activity. In this case, the adrenaline rises, the body increases the blood flow, which expands the hollow vein, located with the right under the ribs. It is a large vessel that expands, exerts pressure on the liver.
- Pregnancy. Periodically, the right side hurts during pregnancy in the second trimester, due to the fact that the fetus grows rather quickly and presses on the internal organs of the future mother.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). In women, in the body of which produces a large number of sex hormones - estrogens, a couple of days before menstruation, pain in the right side of the abdomen. The cause is a spasm in the bile ducts under the influence of this hormone. To eliminate these painful feelings, you need to contact a gynecologist.
To make the correct diagnosis, the patient must accurately determine the place where the pain is felt. Many take pain in the right hypochondrium from the side with symptoms of osteochondrosis.
If it hurts on the right under the rib in front, the cause may be diseases of such organs as:
- Parasites (lamblia, opisthorchiasis)
- Acute pancreatitis
- Cancer (late stage)
- Parasitic infestations (amoebiasis, giardiasis, opisthorchiasis,)
- Stagnation of blood due to heart failure, resulting in the extension of its membrane
Pain under the ribs on the right behind
Most often this is due to the pathology of the right kidney - pyelonephritis (chronic or acute).
- In acute pyelonephritis, intensestupid painful sensations arising in the lumbar region on the right side. With this disease, pain from tapping on the lower rib located behind
- Chronic pyelonephritis causes mild pain in the aching nature, intensifying in cool and damp weather.
Pain under the ribs may appear whenthe occurrence of a back injury as a result of a fall or stroke, in which a rupture of the vessel occurred in the tissues deep behind the peritoneum, and blood accumulated (hematoma). There is a squeezing of nearby organs and tissues, pain appears. The nature of the pain depends on the size of the hemorrhage, increases during movement.
Painful sensations depend on the sizethe formed stone and the location in the urinary tract. In this case, the pain under the ribs on the right, sensed from behind, can be either constant or periodic, most often of a dull character. It can intensify during the movement (running, jumping), traveling on transport, while drinking liquids in large quantities.
This disease is characterized by pain"Shingles" character, i.e. acute pain occurs under the ribs on both sides, in the lower back, accompanied by vomiting and sensations of nausea. In the lying position, the pain becomes stronger, with sitting weak.
The nature of the intensity of pain
To correctly determine the diagnosis, it is important to correctly convey the intensity and nature of the pain that occurs in the hypochondrium.
Aching in right side pain
- The weak character of painful sensations is characteristic of chronic pyelonephritis, the treatment is performed under stationary conditions.
- Permanent, sometimes acute pain inright side, occurs with osteochondrosis. To stand or sit can be very painful, to facilitate sensations it is recommended to take a semi-sitting position of the body, bending forward.
Sharp pain in right side
Such a symptom is the most dangerous, and occurs in the following cases:
- Inflammation of the appendix.
- Stitching pain, which is acute, is a sign:
- Rupture, hematoma of the liver
- Kidney rupture
- Gallbladder rupture
- Kidney shortcomings
- Fracture of ribs
Acute pain sensations are possible with the following pathologies:
- Hepatic colic
- Renal colic
- Acute cholecystitis
- Acute pancreatitis
- Injury of the renal cyst
Dull pain in the right hypochondrium
- Acute pyelonephritis. The pain becomes stronger when it strikes the back in the region of the lower rib.
- With a low intensity of pain, the cause is chronic diseases (pancreatitis) or cancer (the last stage)
- Inflammation in the body, most often the following organs:
- Right lung
At simultaneous occurrence of acute, pullingpain, with attacks of stitching, wandering around the right rib with varying intensity, lasting not for long - this is psychosomatic pain. For her treatment, you should contact a psychiatrist or neurologist.
The ribs on the right are the protection for the following organs:
These organs are so close to each otherfriend, that it is almost impossible to diagnose the cause of pain in the right side independently. Therefore, the main rule - in time to see a doctor, first of all - to the therapist.
If the pain on the right under the ribs, the therapist usually appoints a consultation with the following specialists:
Not having established the exact diagnosis in the medical institution, it is forbidden to self-medicate, warm up the sore spot with hot compresses.
When acute pain occurs, it is recommendedcall an ambulance, apply cold (if it helps to remove the pain). In this case, you can not take painkillers, so as not to distort the clinical symptoms and not complicate the formulation of the correct diagnosis.
In the future, the following antispasmodics can be used to relieve pain:
- Nitroglycerin (dissolving one tablet under the tongue or drop 3 drops on a piece of sugar)
- But-shpa (two tablets are allowed up to three times during the day)
After the diagnosis, in addition to drug treatment, you can recommend the following funds from traditional medicine:
- Potato decoction for the treatment of the gallbladder. To prepare the broth, it is necessary to weld potatoes "in uniform", then crush together with water. Let it brew, then drink two tablespoons three times a day.
- Pain in the spleen. Drink broth of wild rose, royal milk (1 gr per day)
- Pain in the liver. ½ liter of honey mixed with ground cinnamon (2 tablespoons). Take a spoon before / after eating.
How to prevent pain in the right hypochondrium?
For this, the following preventive measures are recommended:
- Do not abuse alcohol
- Try not to eat too often fatty, heavy food, with a high salt content
- Every year undergo medical examination, ultrasound, in order to be aware of existing chronic diseases, to know their condition, ways of treatment
- When pain symptoms appear under the ribs, seek medical help immediately.