Manifestations of both pimples puffiness and
When the inflammation of the maxillary sinus occurs such a disease as sinusitis (a kind of sinusitis).
This disease can occur in variousforms. In the formation of the disease, the inflammatory process covers both or one maxillary sinus. In this article you will learn about what can be the symptoms of sinusitis and how to cure it at home.
From the inside the sinus has a mucous membrane. With genyantritis, the pathogenic process spreads to blood vessels, epithelial cells and tissues.
Such a name pathology was due to inflammation of the maxillary sinuses. Such concepts as sinusitis and maxillary sinusitis do not differ among themselves.
The disease gets a strong spread in the winter, both adults and children are equally exposed to it.
The development of this disease can affectmany factors. But the main ones are inflammatory processes in the nasopharynx, nose, oral cavity, as well as infectious diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Sinusitis can accompany such diseases as: scarlet fever, measles, flu.
Experts believe that the main reasonthe formation of pathology is the presence of bacterial or viral agents in the maxillary sinuses. In the autumn-winter period, immunity is weakened and the body is susceptible to penetration into it of bacteria capable of provoking the disease.
Factors provoking the development of ailment:
- Allergies, chronic diseases, parasitosis, weakened immunity;
- Hypertrophic rhinitis, adenoids, curved nasal septum;
- Constant presence of infections (staphylococcus, mycoplasma, chlamydia);
- Not treated with rhinitis, acute respiratory disease;
- Anatomically irregular structure of nasal cavity structures;
What drugs are used for sinusitis?
Chlamydia and mycoplasmal infections are often the causative agents of sinusitis in children, so their treatment should be carried out with macrolide antibiotics - Erythromycin, Azithromycin.
The next, quite common causeare diseases of the ENT organs. Sinusitis can form against the background of a permanent cold, which clogs the opening of the maxillary sinus. This is usually provoked by swelling of the mucous membranes of the nose.
For the above reasons, it can be understood that in the treatment of the common cold it is important to use vasoconstrictors that will relieve swelling.
With curved nasal septum formationThe pathological process can be triggered by a pathological narrowing of the nasal passages. In such cases, very often there are relapses of the disease after the course of therapy. At the same time, the alignment of the septum with the help of surgical intervention helps to restore the normal patency of the nasal passages.
There are cases of the development of the disease against the background of diseases of the oral cavity (pulpitis, caries).
If there is an allergy, against the background of conjunctivitis, a cold can form allergic sinusitis.
Symptoms of chronic maxillary sinusitis are manifested with an untreated acute form of the disease or with prolonged damage to the maxillary sinuses.
Also for reasons you can include:
- Fistula in the sinus through the socket of the removed tooth from the oral cavity;
- Carious lesion of the maxillary teeth;
- Granulomas, cysts;
- Periodontal disease;
- The presence of foreign bodies in the maxillary sinus.
And yet the main cause of sinus inflammation is their blockage for various reasons (acute respiratory disease, chronic rhinitis).
Often in adults manifest such symptoms of genyantritis:
- Constant nasal congestion;
- Chronic currents of tonsillitis, rhinitis, pharyngitis;
- Increased temperature;
- Pain syndromes, which give to the forehead, teeth, nose.
Also, the area under the eyes is painful. Conducting timely and effective treatment guarantees recovery in an adult for several weeks. Treatment of sinusitis will depend on the symptomatology.
A common symptom of the chronic course of the disease is a permanent cold, which is not treated in various ways. The pain intensification at a genyantritis arises at blinking.
Chronic course of symptoms is not particularly pronounced,that does not allow to determine in time and effectively cure. Ignoring the treatment of sinusitis can lead to negative consequences: the development of encephalitis, meningitis (inflammation of the brain), ophthalmitis (inflammation of the orbit cavity), blood infection (occurs with complete disregard for treatment).
Adults have a hard time getting rid of the disease,since its manifestations are very weakly expressed. To make an accurate diagnosis, you should undergo a comprehensive examination and pass certain tests, as the common symptomatology of sinusitis is similar to ARI.
In any situation, if you have felt the above symptoms, consult a doctor immediately to avoid the negative consequences of the pathology.
This pathology has this classification:
1. The method of getting pathogens in the body: through the blood (hematogenous form), after the traumatic injury (traumatic), through the nose (rhinogenic appearance), with inflamed teeth (odontogenic appearance);
2. The severity of the course and the cause of the occurrence: vasomotor (chronic course), infectious (caused by viral or bacterial organisms), allergic (there are periods of remission and exacerbation), necrotic (dying sinus tissues), exudative (discharge of a large amount of pus), atrophic (chronic form causes atrophy of the mucous sinuses);
3. Type of inflammation: acute (accumulation of pus in the sinus, nasal congestion), peninsula (the duration of the inflammatory process is from 1 to 2 months), chronic (the presence of symptoms for more than 2 months); recurrent (the disease worsens several times a year).
Symptoms of various forms of pathology
In the acute form of sinusitis such manifestations are possible:
- Discharge from the nose;
- General weakness;
- Regular headaches;
- When palpation of the affected sinus pain increases;
- Puffiness of eyelids.
The determining factor in setting the rightThe diagnosis is the presence at night of a dry cough. It is triggered by the flow of pus from the sinus to the nasopharynx. Among the characteristic symptoms of chronic sinusitis are:
- Feeling of heaviness and pain in the wings of the nose;
- Swelling of the face;
- Soreness of the eye sockets;
- Dense or liquid discharge from the nose (from yellow to green);
- Headaches intensifying in the evening;
- Conjunctivitis, swelling of the eyelids.
Bacteria that provoke the development of sinusitis,quickly suppressed antibiotics tetracycline and penicillin series. They cause the death of bacteria. Next, you will learn about tablets that help with genyantritis.
Their advantages include:
- Wide range of action;
- Stability in the environment of the stomach;
- A minimum of side effects.
Effective antibiotics include:
- Augmentin (tablets of 250-500 mg);
- Amoxicillin (tablets of 500 mg);
- Doxycycline (Table to 0.1 g).
Symptoms of sinusitis in children:
- Constant nasal congestion;
- Purulent or mucopurulent discharge;
- Headache. Which gives into the area of the teeth, the forehead (can intensify when the child coughs or sneezes);
- Capriciousness, lethargy, problems with sleep and appetite.
With a simple cold, the child will have a nose on both sides, with the genyantritis the "breathing" side will change. If palpation of the cheeks, the child will feel dull pain.
If you do not start treatment on time, then from acutethe forms of sinusitis will pass into the chronic. There are such manifestations: dryness, perspiration in the throat, painful syndromes when swallowing. The temperature at the child can be from 37,1 to 37,9. A particular sign is a night cough.
Chronic form and its therapy
Treatment of chronic sinusitis is carried out in order to:
- Eliminate the causes of the disease;
- Restore the patency of the nose;
- Reduce the inflammatory process;
- Reduce the number of sinusitis.
To relieve manifestations of chronic sinusitisa nose wash and the use of nasal corticosteroids may be prescribed. Prednisone helps to relieve inflammation, and oxymetazoline relieves puffiness. For anesthesia, recommend Aspirin, Ibuprofen.
Home treatment with inhalation
In genyantritis, the use of inhalations with a nebulizer is recommended. This device sprays in the nose medicinal substances that contribute to the cure of this pathology.
The main advantage of using the nebulizer in the treatment of sinusitis is that inhalations facilitate the breathing process virtually immediately after the procedure.
In the treatment of sinusitis, steam inhalations have a positive effect.
When preparing the medicinal solution, you can use:
- Various essential oils;
- Herbs (eucalyptus, thyme, chamomile, lavender, sage);
Before the procedure, it is necessary to clean the nasal passages.
Experts prohibit inhalation in such situations:
- Heart failure;
- Nasal bleeding;
- High temperature.
What kind of medications can I use for sinusitis for inhalation with a nebulizer? Further in the article you will find out the answer to this question.
The patient can be recommended:
- Drugs for vasoconstriction - can alleviate nasal breathing, and cause a better departure of mucus from the maxillary sinuses;
- Hormones - have against allergenic and anti-inflammatory effects;
- Immunostimulants - boost the immune system;
- Combined funds;
- Anti-inflammatory drugs - accelerate the process of regeneration of mucous membranes;
- Alkaline and saline solutions - used to relieve inflammation of the maxillary sinuses, as well as cleansing and moisturizing the mucous membranes;
- Antibiotics - destroy the pathogenic flora.
The choice of drugs should be carried out only afterconsultation with a specialist who will take into account the age, severity of the disease and the patient's history. If the patient has any allergic reactions it is necessary to clarify with the attending physician whether it is possible to do inhalations with genyantritis and with what means.
In chronic course, inhalation with sinusitis is carried out in order to avoid subsequent relapses. But this does not cancel the medication.
Treatment with ointments
After the formulation of an accurate diagnosis in conjunction withdrugs from sinusitis can be used Vishnevsky ointment. The use of antihistamines contributes to the removal of allergies and swelling. You can wash the nasal cavity with potassium permanganate or a solution of furacilin.
Ointment from sinusitis is prescribed to enhancetherapeutic effect. Oksolinovaya ointment has an antiviral effect. In the morning and evening, I lubricate the nasal passages. The use of ointments tones up the walls of the nose, decreases bacteria, promotes the liquefaction of mucus, and the removal of edema.
At home, you can prepare ointments that will remove the symptoms of genyantritis:
1. Take onion juice, laundry soap, oil, milk, honey. All components are mixed and heated in a water bath until a uniform mixture is formed. Cool the mixture, moisten it with cotton swabs and insert into the nose for 5-6 minutes. This procedure should be repeated in the morning and evening. This ointment promotes the release of mucus and purulent formations.
2. Take the same parts with honey, alcohol, butter, onion juice, potatoes. soap and milk. Preheat in a water bath until uniform, add Fleming's ointment. Wetted tampon in the ointment is administered three times a day at least. Than for 20 minutes. The course is about 3 weeks.
3. Use 1 teaspoon of Vishnevsky ointment, aloe juice, cyclamen root. Mix thoroughly and moisten the tampons. Keep the nasal cavity for about half an hour. The course of therapy is 20 days. After that, the heated ointment should be buried in the nose, which allows you to draw pus.
Do not forget that any treatment should be carried out under the supervision of a qualified specialist, so in any case do not self-medicate.