Puffiness in the paraorbicular region photo
Puffiness of face Is nothing but an edema, i.e. accumulation of fluid in the soft tissues of the face.
Causes and factors of occurrence
The reasons for the puffiness of the face may be several. First of all, this is a violation of excretion of water from the body, i.e. a disorder of kidney function or an obstruction in the way of urine outflow.
Another reason is the delay of excess fluid in the tissues. This can occur in the disorder of metabolic processes, as well as in the excess intake of table salt.
Also, puffiness can occur when excess fluid enters the body. Especially if it happens in the evening before going to sleep.
In addition, puffiness may occur wheninflammatory processes in the face, violation of the permeability of the vascular wall (when excessive fluid swims into the tissues), lack of vitamins, inaccuracies in the diet, improper mode of the day, fatigue.
The immediate causes of fluid retention in soft tissues can be several:
- hydrostatic - when there is an increase in pressure in the smallest blood vessels (capillaries) and the liquid is "pushed out" of them into the surrounding tissues;
- hypoproteinemic - when in the blood it turns outan insufficient amount of protein, which is accompanied by a decrease in the oncotic pressure of the blood, and hence the "exit" of the liquid beyond the capillary to the surrounding tissues;
- membranogenic - when the membrane of the vessel becomes too "leaky" and the liquid in excess amounts goes into the tissues, not retaining in the vessels.
Puffiness of the face can be a manifestation of edema:
- Local - formed only in the face;
- general - with the accumulation of fluid in the tissues of the whole body.
Puffiness of the face can be manifested by the following signs:
- "Bags" under the eyes;
- preservation of the trace from pressing the edema area;
- changes in the color of the skin (pallor, redness, cyanosis);
- edema in the area of other parts of the body;
- increase in total body weight;
- shortness of breath and difficulty breathing;
- rashes on the skin;
- Eye because of puffiness of the eyelids become in the form of small slits.
At what diseases does
Puffiness of the face can occur with the following diseases:
- pathology of the endocrine system (hypothyroidism, Cushing's syndrome);
- diseases of urinary organs (urolithiasis, ureteric strictures, glomerulonephritis, nephritis);
- metabolic disorders;
- pathology of the cardiovascular system;
- allergic reactions;
- liver diseases;
- prolonged starvation;
- trauma of the face;
- vascular thrombosis (upper vena cava);
- infectious processes in the face (sinusitis, abscesses, dental diseases, lymphadenitis);
- hereditary predisposition;
- fatigue syndrome;
- malignant neoplasms;
- abuse of alcoholic beverages.
Which doctors should be contacted
When the appearance of a puffy face first of allshould consult a therapist. In the subsequent consultation of the urologist, the nephrologist, the allergist, the oncologist, the otorhinolaryngologist (ENT-doctor), the endocrinologist, the narcologist can be necessary.
Choose the symptoms that concern you, answer the questions. Find out how serious your problem is and whether you need to see a doctor.
Before using the information provided by medportal.org, please read the terms of the user agreement.
The site is medportal.org provides services on the terms described in this document. By using the website, you acknowledge that you have read the terms of this User Agreement before using the site, and accept all the terms of this Agreement in full. Please do not use the website if you do not agree to these terms.
All information posted on the site isreference nature, information taken from open sources is a reference and is not advertising. The site medportal.org provides services that allow the user to search for medicines in the data obtained from pharmacies within the framework of an agreement between pharmacies and the site medportal.org. For the convenience of using the site, data on medicines, dietary supplements are systematized and are given a single spelling.
The site medportal.org provides services that allow the user to search for clinics and other medical information.
The information placed in the search results is notis a public offer. The administration of the site medportal.org does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness and (or) relevance of the displayed data. The administration of the site medportal.org does not bear responsibility for the harm or damage that you could incur from access or inability to access the site or from the use or inability to use this site.
By accepting the terms of this agreement, you fully understand and agree that:
The information on the site is for reference only.
Administration of the site medportal.org does not guarantee the absence of errors and discrepancies regarding the declared on the site and the actual availability of goods and prices for the goods in the pharmacy.
The User undertakes to clarify the information of interest to him by phone call to the pharmacy or use the information provided at his discretion.
The administration of the site medportal.org does not guarantee the absence of errors and discrepancies regarding the schedule of work of clinics, their contact information - phone numbers and addresses.
Ne Administration of the site medportal.org nor any other party involved in the information provision process is liable for any harm or damage that you might incur from fully reliant on the information provided on this website.
The administration of the site medportal.org undertakes and undertakes to continue to make every effort to minimize discrepancies and errors in the information provided.
Administration of the site medportal.org does not guarantee the absence of technical failures, including in relation to the operation of the software. The administration of the site medportal.org undertakes to take all possible efforts as soon as possible to eliminate any failures and errors in the event of their occurrence.
The user is warned thatThe administration of the site medportal.org is not responsible for visiting and using it external resources, links to which may be contained on the site, does not endorse their content and is not responsible for their availability.
Administration of the site medportal.org reserves the right to suspend the operation of the site, partially or completely change its contents, to amend the User Agreement. Such changes are made only at the discretion of the Administration without prior notice to the User.
You confirm that you have read the terms of this User Agreement. and accept all the terms of this Agreement in full.
Advertising information, for the placement of which on the website there is an appropriate agreement with the advertiser, is marked "on advertising rights".