Puffiness with ankle fracture
There are fractures of the external ankle, internalankles, two ankles, two ankles with an edge fracture of the tibia (the so-called three-fold fracture) without bias or (more often) with displacement. They occur with lateral and rotational movements in the ankle joint with a violation of the normal amplitude: podtotyvaniem foot, forcible rotation of the shin with a fixed foot, etc. Fracture of the two ankles and the posterior edge of the tibia with the displacement is combined, usually with a dislocation of the foot.
Fig. 31. Gypsum dressing with a stirrup
In fractures without displacement, a plastera bandage with a stirrup (Figure 31) from the toes to the knee joint. After drying, she is prescribed therapeutic gymnastics and walking with crutches, stepping on the stirrup. I period lasts until the cast is removed. Its tasks are: restoration of blood and lymph circulation in the injured leg, control of swelling, restoration of muscle tone and mobility in joints free from gypsum, sending impulses to the ankle joint. Against the background of general development and breathing exercises, movements in joints free of gypsum are performed, exercises aimed at strengthening the quadriceps muscle of the thigh, ideomotor exercises for the ankle joint. The patient is taught walking with crutches on an even plane, along the stairs. Duration of training is 20-25 minutes. They are held 3 times a day.
In the II period (after the removal of gypsum), the taskstherapeutic gymnastics are: restoration of movements in the ankle joint, struggle with swelling of the injured leg, prevention of traumatic flatfoot, development of deformity of the foot, growth of spurs (most often calcaneal), curvature of fingers. For this purpose, immediately after the removal of plaster in shoes, insert individually made supinator. Against the background of general development and breathing exercises perform all sorts of exercises, for the ankle in different initial positions: lying on his back, on his stomach, sitting, standing; exercises in various versions of complicated walking: on socks, on the heels, on the outer or inner arch of the feet, forward back, sideways, cross-step, in the semicircle, etc .; exercises with foot support on the crossbar, on the stationary bike.
With ankle fracture at any placeswelling of the foot. To combat swelling, it is recommended to lie 10-15 minutes 3-4 times a day, raising your legs at an angle of 120-130 ° in the hip joints. After 5 minutes after this, the following special exercises are performed.
1. The contraction of the quadriceps muscles of the thigh is 20-30 times. The pace is slow. Breathing is free.
2. Flexion and extension of the feet -10-20 times. The pace is slow. Breathing is free.
3. Flexion and extension of fingers - 10-20 times. The pace is slow. Breathing is free.
Pause rest for 1-2 minutes.
4. Flexion and extension of fingers - 10-20 times. The pace is average. Breathing is free.
5. Circular motion stops - 10 times in each direction. The pace is average. Breathing is free.
6. Flexion and extension of the feet with a maximum amplitude of 10-20 times. The pace is average. Breathing is free.
7. Alternate bending of the legs to the abdomen (socks "on yourself") -10 times with each leg. The pace is average. Breathing is free.
8. Breeding and mixing of leg socks with maximum rotation of the entire leg - 10 times. The pace is average. Breathing is free.
9. Alternately lifting the straight legs to 90 ° in the hip joints (socks "on yourself") - 10 times each leg. The pace is average. Breathing is free.
10. The contraction of the quadriceps femoris is 20-30 times. The pace is slow. Breathing is free.
11. Raising the straight damaged leg to a 90 ° angle in the hip joint with simultaneous bending and extension of the fingers and foot in weight - 10 times. The pace is average. Breathing is free.
12. Rest in a supine position with raised legs - 5-10 minutes.