Edema of the nasal sinuses without runny nose treatment
Genyanthitis is called inflammation of the mucosaparanasal sinuses located in the wing of the upper jaw, which in some cases proceeds with the transfer of the focus of inflammation to the bone walls. Sinusitis without a cold is quite common, so several other signs will help to identify it. The disease can affect patients of any age, but all the symptoms will be the same.
Often people confuse a common cold, finding similarsymptoms, with sinusitis, a more neglected process. So, for the latter there are their own distinctive features. Therefore, to worry and not to worry in vain, you should know how to distinguish a common cold from sinusitis. It should be clarified that an accurate diagnosis of a patient of any age can be made only by a qualified doctor after the examination and examination of a person in a clinic.
Symptoms of the common cold are very common and they are knownall the colds - this stuffiness of the nose, the appearance of mucus, sneezing, violation of the voice timbre. With timely treatment, the runny nose completely passes through the week without any complications. With the development of sinusitis, the symptoms of worsening appear in a few days after the onset of the disease, and most patients can clearly indicate at the time of complications. What should be done to prevent such an unpleasant disease and why it is recommended to know what the rhinitis differs from sinusitis, should everyone know who is responsible for their health.
Sinusitis can be acute and chronic. Acute occurs due to a cold with complications. When it is untimely and incorrect treatment, such a sinusitis turns into a chronic form.
This disease is characterized by the following symptoms:
- Runny nose or nasal congestion, which lasts more than two weeks.
- Low stable temperature for several days.
- Headaches and pains in the jaw, aggravated by chewing.
- Change in the main place of pain localization when the head position changes (the maximum pain is expressed after resting in the horizontal position of the body).
- On the x-ray, the lesions of the sinuses will appear in the form of dense opaque spots in the region of their projection. So, the symptoms of sinusitis without a cold can be easily identified.
Sinusitis, regardless of whether it is accompanied byit is mucus secretion or not, requires appropriate therapy. The disease must be cured, otherwise it can trigger the spread of infection to the brain envelopes (may develop meningitis) or vessels located in the cranial cavity, which threatens the onset of sepsis.
It is important to remember that sinusitis without a cold happens,and only a qualified specialist can often distinguish between these diseases, and also to select a specific therapy for a particular patient, suitable for him and for a particular stage of the disease. The treatment itself can be conservative and surgical. The latter try to resort only in extreme cases, when the adequate drainage of the maxillary sinus of the upper jaw is severely disturbed or completely impossible. During the operation, the sinus wall is punctured through the nasal passage and pus is pumped out. Further, washing with solutions of antiseptics and administration of antibiotics or preparations with antimicrobial effect is carried out.
- When fever is raised, antipyretic and analgesic medications are prescribed, bed rest is prescribed.
- If there are signs of intoxication and excessive discharge from the nasal passages, antimicrobial drugs should be taken.
- It is mandatory to use medicines,improving the outflow of contents from the maxillary sinus - these drugs, despite their local use, should be prescribed by a doctor, because when they are used, especially incorrect, often develop side effects, and there is no result of the therapy.
Sometimes it is a sinusitis with no temperature and runny nose and, as it was said before, only a doctor will help to find it.
For local treatment apply:
- For outflow of accumulated mucus, decreaseNasal sprays are used for puffiness and nasal opening. Use them is recommended no more than 5 days, since this can lead to atrophy of the nasal mucosa.
- At a genyantritis with an allergic display prescribe antihistamine preparations.
- A good effect is given by physiotherapeutic procedures. These include the so-called blue light. One of the most effective procedures is UHF, in some cases the dynamic current
- Often, sinusitis causes sinusitis tooth decay or curvature of the nasal septum - recovery without eliminating the cause is almost impossible.
- To reduce inflammation and swelling aroundNasal opening use ointments, tampons, drops with vasoconstrictor property. Perfectly copes with its task balm with a cold and sinusitis.
To prevent the development of sinusitis helpstimely cure of the common cold after colds, allergic reactions. Attention requires acute and chronic rhinitis, curvature of the septum, the presence of adenoids in children, a congenital defect of the nasal passages.
As in all cases, it is best to recognize the genyantritis in the initial stage, and that it is even better not to let it occur.
- Correctly vysmarkivatsya, closing one nostril. In this case, the mucus will not enter the cavity of the maxillary sinus, but will be removed directly to the outside.
- Drops should be instilled, slightly tilting the head back and in the direction where the drops are being buried. So, the drug will not fall into the nasopharynx, but into the middle nasal passage.
- Treatment with antipyretics and antibiotics is notwill lead to recovery, but only dull the pain, so you should contact the otolaryngologist on time, because self-medication provokes the transition of the disease to a more severe form.
- It happens that the rhinitis after sinusitis is repeated again. In this case also need to be retested and identify the true cause of inflammation
Sinusitis is a disease that occurs whennegligent attitude to yourself, and that any complaints require a doctor and full treatment. Only with careful consideration of health problems can one eliminate any of the sinusitis at the first signs.