Edema in the nose in a child treatment
The mucous membrane in the human body performsThe role of a protective barrier, which prevents the penetration of infections to various internal organs. When pathogenic microorganisms get into the nasal passages, this tissue increases in size due to the influx of blood in order to quickly and actively destroy any "threat". Protective functions help to filter the air we breathe from viruses, bacteria, allergens, fine particles of contaminated media, and the like.
Due to the fact that the mucosa is covered with a set ofciliated cells, the unique structure of the epithelium promotes very slow progress of penetrating pathogens along the nasal passages. Each ciliary cell contains up to 0.5 thousand mobile cilia, which make up to thirty vibrations in just 1 second. During active work, the ciliated epithelium destroys microorganisms and keeps the solid particles from the air.
If the human body is undercooledor it has a reduced functionality of the immune system, then the ciliated cells slow the movement of the cilia and the pathogens pass farther along the respiratory tract. Then begins the reflex reaction of the mucosa: it begins to swell, become inflamed, more blood and lymph arrives to the "sore spot".
To determine whether a person has an edema of the nasal mucosa due to the presence of symptoms that are divided into 2 types:
Symptoms of the inflammatory type are characterized by disorders that affect the general well-being of the patient:
- There is dryness in the nasal cavity, burning occurs, the area of edema increases;
- Because of the over-dried surface, the tissue is constantly irritated, which causes frequent sneezing;
- Sometimes irritation of eyes can be mixed, lacrimation appears;
- The courses are laid, which provokes the development of headaches, in the forehead, temples;
- The temperature may rise.
Symptoms of a dysfunctional nature are disorders in which more serious changes occur in the body:
- Breathing becomes difficult or impossible, which negatively affects the normal blood circulation in the brain; therefore, patients suffer from reduced working capacity, memory deteriorates;
- The olfactory function is lost, which is why the appetite decreases;
- Disturb liquid discharge, there may be a purulent exudate;
- The voice changes.
If such symptoms appear in a newborn baby who does not yet know how to breathe through the mouth, during breathing, breathing may stop.
Swelling of the mucosa: common causes
There are three main reasons for the development of edema of tissues in the nasal cavity:
- Respiratory disease;
- Allergic reactions;
- Mechanical effect.
The most frequent cause of tissue edema ishypothermia of the body. It is enough for a person to freeze to his feet or catch a cold, as soon as the protective ciliated epithelium slows down. So begins the respiratory disease, which over time, if left untreated, can pass into the chronic edema of the mucosa.
This reason for swelling of the shell is dangerous becausethe patient is constantly violated breathing, normal cerebral circulation is blocked. Lack of oxygen leads to frequent headaches, and inadequate ventilation of the paranasal sinuses can provoke the development of sinusitis and sinusitis.
The first symptom of chronic edema will belabored breathing not only during work, but also in a state of rest, in a dream. Sometimes it is difficult to breathe only one nostril, and the other lets in air much better. If you have such symptoms, you should consult LOR, because swelling can cause other serious diseases:
- Allergic reactions;
- Wrong structure of nasal septum;
- Development of polyps or adenoids;
- Hernia in the brain.
In case of allergic reactions, edema is causeda certain kind of allergens. This can be seasonal pollen, medication, food, contaminated environment, etc. In this case, there is a large swelling of the nasopharyngeal mucosa.
When an allergen enters the nasal cavitythe shell reacts instantly: immediately begins swelling, liquid mucus is released, frequent sneezing appears, in the throat is pershit, dry cough may disturb, voice changes. Sometimes these symptoms are mixed with bleeding, headache and facial pain, irritation of the skin at the tip of the nose, the formation of dark circles under the eyes.
If you have the first signsallergic edema, you need to rinse the nasal cavity to remove allergens from it. For this, you can use warm boiled water, and then take an antiallergic agent.
In the period after surgery inthe area of the nasopharynx mucosa can also swell. It depends on the disturbed blood circulation and insufficient drainage of the sinuses. The post-rehabilitation period should include proper care of the cavity, because before the healing of wounds and the formation of connective tissue the membrane will be constantly irritated and prone to inflammatory processes.
To prevent mechanical damage to chronic edema, you need to follow this sequence of care:
- 5 days after the operation, wash the nose with antiseptics;
- Only with 4 days you can clean the crusts and dry clots of blood;
- To quickly remove dead tissue, you need to use corticosteroids in the form of ointments;
- Periodically moisturize the mucous membranes;
- Use mucolytics to improve drainage of exudate.
Treatment of edema of the nasal mucosa
If the swelling of soft tissue in the nasal cavity is caused by a respiratory viral disease, then the therapy is carried out in such steps:
- Removed swelling of the moves to improve breathing. Experts appoint for several days a drop with the effect of narrowing of the vessels;
- To prevent the penetration of new viruses into the nasopharynx, special fluids for disinfection will help;
- It is recommended to take antiviral drugs;
- Adhere to bed rest, sleep well and warm up for 3 days;
- If a bacterial infection has joined the virus, then you need to take antibiotics;
- Eat foods rich in vitamin C to increase the body's ability to fight with pathogenic microorganisms.
In some cases, without medical assistance,do without. For example, very often with incorrect therapy of edema, the envelope may begin to increase in volume and expand, forming polyps. To eliminate them, surgical methods are used, most often use a laser device that provides minimal pain and absence of blood loss during surgery. After surgery, conservative methods of treatment are additionally used.
Sometimes they can use endonasalinstruments for operations. Precise surgical instruments allow you to eliminate pathological problems in remote areas of sinuses and strokes. Such operations are performed under local anesthesia. After the procedure, you need to stay in the inpatient department under the supervision of a doctor for about a week.
If persistent edema causes a twistedseptoplasty. Specialists determine the cause of shell swelling and individually select the most suitable method of treatment.
When the first symptoms of respiratoryillnesses many patients independently buy vasoconstrictive preparations for elimination of an edema and vydeleny from a nose. But it must be remembered that such means can be used no more than 10 days, and also exactly follow the dosage specified in the instructions. Vasoconstrictive drops can only temporarily eliminate the sign of the disease, but not cure its cause. And with prolonged use are addictive.
There are many medications thateffectively relieve edema and improve breathing. Some funds work for several hours, others - most of the day. Pharmaceutical companies offer drops for vasoconstriction, the active substances of which are: phenylephrine, naphazoline, oxymetazoline, xylometazoline.
To restore the mucous membrane, you can use simple and affordable methods of traditional medicine:
- Burying the nose with iodinewater. To do this, take 1 tablespoon. boiled water and dissolve in it 1 drop of iodine. Such a liquid is digested nose three times a day. The effect of treatment will become visible after 3 days.
- You can prepare herbal decoctions for burrowing the nose. 1 tsp Oak bark is heated for 15 minutes in a water bath and insists in a sealed container for 2 more hours. Bury the nose with a warm broth 3 times a day.
- To improve the drainage of mucus used infusionfrom three grasses: licorice, marshmallow, elephant. Each plant is taken in the same amount, poured 0.5 liters. water and insist for 8 hours. Infusion drink 0.5 glasses three times a day.
- For washing, sea salt (1 tsp) is suitable. on 2 tbsp. water). The temperature of the liquid should be warm, but not hot. The solution is poured into a wide saucer and each nostril is drawn in turn. You can repeat the washing 4 times a day.
- Juice from fresh carrots mixed with a few drops of olive oil and juice of garlic. Bury up to 3 times a day, only 2 drops in each nostril.
- You can also squeeze out the juice from white onions (4 tsp) and mix it with 1 tsp. not strong honey. The liquid is left for 30 minutes, then buried in the nose 2 drops to 3 times a day.
In the period of waiting for the child, the mostwidespread methods of treatment of edema of the mucous membrane. First, the use of vasoconstrictive drops can be a threat to the life of the fetus, since it helps to narrow the blood vessels not only in the nasal cavity, but also in the placenta. And this will lead to hypoxia.
A safe method of reducing swelling is:
- Rinsing of the nasal passages with prepared saline solutions or pharmacological saline solution;
- Restore normal breathing will help a simple massage of the bridge of the nose and the wings of the nose. Also positively affects the pressure on the points under the nose and on the chin.
- You can do respiratory gymnastics, breathing in and breathing out only one nostril. Then you can complicate the procedure: inhale with your mouth, and breathe out your nose.
- For respiratory diseases it is recommended to keep your feet warm. Suitable mustard powder, which is poured into socks for the night.
- To strengthen the overall immunity, you can use a medicinal mixture of grated horseradish mixed with grated apple and sugar (in a 1: 1 ratio).
If the home procedures do not help, then you need to contact LOR. The doctor will prescribe ultrasonic inhalations.
When treating edema of the mucous in infants and children of preschool age, vasoconstrictive drugs should not be used, therefore it is recommended to use methods from traditional medicine:
- Insert in the nostrils for a few minutes tampons, moistened with brine (0.5 teaspoon salt diluted in 100 grams of water).
- You can do steam inhalations with essential oils (fir, eucalyptus).
- To drip into the nose infusion of calendula, psyllium and stepmother (1 tablespoon of plants in equal amounts per 1 item of water). The liquid is boiled for 5 minutes, the hour is insisted. A warm solution is instilled in 3 drops.
It is important to remember that ignoring the stuffinessnose at the child can cause a stop of breath, negatively influence the development of speech apparatus and hearing. Before starting self-treatment, it is better to show LOR.
Pansinusitis: a dangerous disease of the paranasal sinusesIf the inflammation of the nasal mucosa spreads to one or more.