Swelling of lower extremities causes
The causes of edema of the lower extremities.
The causes of edema of the lower extremities can be completely different. Sometimes it can be symptoms of serious diseases, and sometimes - the body's reaction to some external factors.
The most common causes of edema of the lower extremities can be: long flights and being in the sun,allergic reactions, a long standing on the legs, fluid retention during menstruation in women, any injuries, stretching the feet or ankles, varicose veins.
In addition to these reasons, there are others, to identify the source of which you need to see a doctor and diagnose with the help of tests and special instruments.
Diseases with edema of the lower extremities:
1. Phlebitis of extremities. This disease affects only one leg. With phlebitis, there is soreness in addition to edema.
2. Cardiovascular failure. This disease will affect the two legs in contrast to the phlebitis and will have additional symptoms.
3. Kidney disease. With this disease, edema will not only be on the feet,but also on the hands and face. This common edema is the result of loss of urine protein (albumin). This protein is produced in the liver and is released into the blood.
With healthy kidneys, albumin will not fall intourine. Sick kidneys will cause albumin to appear in the urine. Loss of a large amount of albumin leads to the fact that the body tends to restore equilibrium, for which the blood flows into the tissue from the bloodstream. Excess fluid leads to the formation of a common edema.
4. Diseases of the liver , especially in advanced stages. Edema appears because the damaged liver cells lose the ability to produce the required amount of albumin. Tissue swelling is a consequence of an attempt by the body to restore the amount of protein in the blood and surrounding tissues. In the liver, scar tissue forms, which leads to stagnation of blood flowing from the legs to the heart.
5. Tumors in the abdomen and large glands. They lead to the squeezing of the veins, which also contributes to leg swelling.
6. Diseases of pericarditis, pericardium bag. Since pericarditis becomes tight and dense,difficult normal relaxation and contraction of the heart muscle. The right ventricle of the heart receives less blood, stagnation occurs, as a result of which the veins of the neck, abdomen, and later - and lower extremities swell.
7. Strict diets, hunger. These causes lead to a lack of protein in the body. The liquid leaves the blood vessels in the tissues, with hunger - into the abdominal cavity.
8. Sharp decrease in thyroid function. Edemas appear as a result of leakage of fluid from the vessels to restore the albumin concentration in the body.
9. Medicines. Some pharmaceuticals, especiallyestrogens, steroids related to cortisone, testosterone, some antidepressants, contraceptives, drugs to lower blood pressure lead to fluid stagnation.
Swelling of the lower extremities (symptoms of diseases):
1. Edema is present only on one side - heart weakness, lack of protein in the blood, kidney or liver diseases are eliminated.
2. Swelling of the lower extremities, hands and face did not swell - a suspicion of heart failure.
3. Swelling of the legs and abdomen is a suspicion of liver disease.
4. In men with swelling or yellowing of the legs, breast augmentation, a feeling of lack of air, redness of the palms can be suspected serious liver damage.
5. Swelling of the lower extremities combined with brown pigmentation of the skin, especially near the ankles - a neglected disease, most often - chronically dilated varicose veins.
6. Swelling hot, painful, with redness - infection or trauma to the leg, acute phlebitis.
7. Swelling of the abdomen, followed by swelling of the legs - thickening of the pericardium bag or liver disease.
8. Sharp edema of the lower limbs - a suspicion of thrombosis, blockage or infection in the veins.
9. Edema on the legs, the face - the likelihood of liver, kidney or heart disease, a decrease in thyroid function, a general allergic reaction, trichinosis or squeezing with a heart near the heart.
10. Edema of both extremities, shortness of breath, symptoms appear later in the evening - a suspicion of heart failure.
11. Edema is observed around the clock - a breakdown in protein metabolism or a problem with the veins.
12. With a force, press your finger on the exhaled leg and hold for a few seconds. If after that within a minute or two there is a dent, then this is not a violation of the thyroid gland.
A healthy life has tried to give the main symptomsand diseases associated with swelling of the lower extremities. However, at home, we can only assume the presence of a disease. And to clarify the diagnosis is best to visit a doctor.
The main causes of leg edema:
Do you like the article? Click on the most beautiful button!