Remove swelling from the face after surgery
Rhinoplasty is one of the three most commonpopular in the world surgical interventions in the field of plastic surgery. Even the fact that the procedure is considered rather expensive is not taken into account by those brave souls who decided to change the most outstanding part of the person once and for all. Although it is very wrong to judge the cosmetic effect of rhinoplasty unequivocally.
The fact is that this procedure has a secondpurpose, and it is perhaps more important than the realization of an old dream - to have a beautiful nose. Some patients are forced to lie under the plastic surgeon's knife due to a defect of the septum near the nose, which, as is known, causes shortness of breath.
- It is interesting! Back in 600 BC. e. In the book of Sushruta Samhita, a resident of India, rhinoplasty, performed by transplanting the skin from the cheeks, was described in detail. In Europe, the first person to describe the technique of rhinoplasty was Celsus, a Roman physician who lived in the 1st century BC.
Rhinoplasty: features of the postoperative period
Before deciding on rhinoplasty, the patientshould study every aspect of this procedure and become acquainted, including possible side effects of the postoperative period, which may be as follows:
- edema after rhinoplasty,
- hematomas after rhinoplasty,
- the appearance of scars after rhinoplasty,
- labored breathing.
Edema after rhinoplasty: how to eliminate
Negative consequences of this kind are waiting for everyonepatient. Initially, puffiness is not visible, because it is veiled with plaster, which, when removed, many begin to panic. That is why it is important to warn in advance about what the patient will have to see in the mirror right after the operation and removal of the gypsum.
It should be noted that this pathologyshort-term, namely: after a maximum of 8 weeks from the swelling there will be only memories. But to help yourself in this, the patient is able to follow all the recommendations of the plastic surgeon who performed the operation, and in the treatment and recovery practice, it's a thankless task.
It is important to know that the postoperative period of rhinoplasty has two sides: aesthetic and functional, both of which deserve the most serious approach. The restoration takes place in 4 stages.
I stage - first week
- characterized by functional limitations;
- The presence of gypsum and bandages on the nose;
- lack of physical pain, a period of discomfort associated with the need to breathe through the mouth, as a result of which it dries up, etc .;
- edema diverges to the chin and cheeks;
- bruises around the eyes are possible.
II stage - the second and third week
- remove gypsum, bandages, seams, internal splints;
- bruises go only to the end of the stage;
- The nose looks deformed due to swelling, which will come to the end of the 3rd week only by 50%.
III stage - until the end of the third month
- period of cosmetic recovery, swelling gradually, only their insignificant part will remain.
IV stage - up to one year
- full recovery, by the end of the stage you can sum up the rhinoplasty.
Edema after rhinoplasty: recommendations for treatment
Edema in the postoperative period will not go away soon, but you can take some folk methods for their treatment:
- homeopathic preparations, which include mountain arnica, are used in the form of compresses;
- aloe: it can reduce puffiness and relieve pain;
- "Diprospan" - a hormonal drug, is used in the form of injections (on the recommendation of a doctor).