Swelling of the throat with allergy treatment
TheLaryngitis inflammation of the mucous membrane of the larynx. As with many inflammatory diseases of various organs, including respiratory organs, acute and chronic laryngitis are distinguished. The manifestations of this disease are different, which is associated with the depth of the lesion of the larynx. It can affect people of any age, including the youngest.
Development of laryngitis is facilitated by general or localhypothermia, especially inhalation of cold air through the mouth or drinking cold water, beer. Among the various forms of laryngitis in recent years, cases and allergic laryngitis. which is associated with exposure to the body asold, and new allergens: industrial emissions, vehicle exhaust, as well as chemicals, dyes, microbial contamination of the environment, etc. Especially often, allergic laryngitis is diagnosed in people who have to breathe dusty air saturated with a considerable amount of allergens.
What complaints are typical for those suffering from laryngitis? The disease usually begins with a feeling of awkwardness when swallowing, difficulty breathing of varying degrees, down to choking, hoarseness of the voice. All these symptoms are the result of the edema of the mucous membrane of the larynx.
Soon, if the patient is not treated, increasesa feeling of dryness in the throat, a feeling of persecution, a scratching. Cough initially, as a rule, dry, but in the future usually accompanied by a small number of expectoration of phlegm. The voice becomes more hoarse, rasping or completely silent. Sometimes there is pain when swallowing, a headache and a slight increase in temperature. The duration of the disease usually does not exceed 7-10 days (if, of course, the allergen ceases to affect the patient).
Pain on swallowing (reminiscent of anginal)are usually observed when involved in the inflammatory (infectious-allergic) process of the epiglottis or the posterior wall of the larynx. The difficulty of breathing with allergic laryngitis can be due to the narrowing of the glottis due to spasm, edema of the mucous membrane and muscle tissue.
Treatment of allergic laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx)
The diagnosis of acute laryngitis (includingallergic) can be made only by carrying out laryngoscopy (special instrumental examination of the larynx). Such a study, first, helps to clarify the diagnosis, and secondly, to reveal the prevalence of an infectious-allergic (and not only him, of course) process on different parts of the larynx. If bacterial infection attaches to allergic laryngitis and the temperature is kept within 38-39 ° C, then in this case, of course, medical assistance is needed.
If necessary, the doctor will prescribe antibiotics or sulfanilamide, as well as antihistamines.
The most reasonable - to lie down at home a fewdays, until you feel better. These days, use the means that quickly eliminate the symptoms of colds. A significant nuance: it is important to catch the first signs of the disease, with which you are already well acquainted, and immediately apply the medicine - then it certainly will work.
Waking up with the sensation that the throat is persistent andslightly aches a bit, and the nose is already a little laid, and the voice became hoarse, take a "shock" dose of immunal - 40 drops in 1 tbsp. spoon of chilled boiled water and then take 20 drops in the same amount of water every 1-2 hours during the day. This drug by the way, activates the immune system.
In addition, 30 minutes before you leave the house, drinkanti-cold mixture. It will increase the so-called local immunity - the protective forces of the tonsils that protect the nasopharynx from invading pathogens. To do this, take 1 teaspoon of pharmacy briar, 2 tbsp. spoon of beet juice and kefir and squeeze into this mixture juice 1/2 lemon. This drink is especially useful for those who suffer from chronic pharyngitis and tonsillitis in the stage of exacerbation.
Doctors with various kinds of laryngitis recommendfirst of all, measures of general strengthening effect - calcium preparations in tablets and vitamins (especially ascorbic), which are desirable in acute process to take in shock doses. But you need to do this at the very beginning of the disease and only 1-2 days.
The temperature, if it is not above 38 ° C, is brought downundesirable! Antipyretics are better to take if mercury in the thermometer is about to reach 39 ° C. Then, to reduce the heat, you can also attach a cold towel to your head, on the forehead - pieces of ice, snow in a bag wrapped in a napkin.
Sulfanilamide preparations (sulfadimethoxin orits analogs), and even more so antibiotics, it makes sense to take it only in the complicated course of the disease. And only with the permission of the attending physician, since these drugs can cause an allergic reaction.
Recently in the pharmacy network, you can buy more modern drugs, such as ventolin, volmaks, bekotid, baconase, flexonase, and also their other analogues. Preliminary on this issue should always consult with a specialist.
Folk remedies for allergic laryngitis
Traditional medicine with laryngitis (including allergic origin) recommends using the following medicinal products:
- Cook a few potatoes "in a uniform",mash, add vegetable oil (1 tablespoon) and 2-3 drops of iodine (if there is no hypersensitivity to it), mix everything. Put a napkin on your chest and under your throat, and on it - the resulting mass. Then wrap a handkerchief or scarf, like a compress. Keep until the potatoes cool;
- potato juice rinse the throat. To do this, two medium-sized potatoes should be grated, squeezed juice and all to drink at the same time. Freshly prepared juice is drunk three times a day. The drug enhances immunity and kills bacteria if they have complicated allergic laryngitis;
- an effective way to treat the disease: 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 1 cup of honey lightly boil on low heat and take with a five-minute interval of 1 tsp before the onset of improvement;
- In the morning, rinse your throat with soda. You can also calendula, eucalyptus (a few drops of tincture for 1/2 cup of warm boiled water). In the evening - warm inhalation; you can brew for this purpose eucalyptus leaves. At night you can take and a long-known antihistamine drug, like diphenhydramine, which is well absorbed by the body and has an anti-allergic effect;
- it is very useful to drink slightly warmed milk whey, raspberry jam and tea from dried raspberries. All this well warms up a cold throat;
- With laryngitis, lime honey with grated horseradish (in equal proportions) helps. The mixture should be taken for 1 tsp every hour (children should abstain from this prescription);
- cold throat rinse welldecoctions of sage, chamomile, yarrow, string, thyme, calamus, ledum, oregano, St. John's wort. Decoction is prepared at the rate of 4 tbsp. spoons for 1/2 cup of boiling water and rinse your throat 3-4 times a day. The same broth can be washed and nose.
It goes without saying that if folk remedieswill be insufficient for your recovery and the disease, despite the treatment, will continue to progress, then you need to see a doctor. Maybe with a throat and not quite what you first thought. Everything happens in life. And it's better to seek medical help at the very beginning of the disease, whether it's laryngitis or another disease.