My eyes are watering and watering
Why do eyes sweat and water?
Eye swelling and lacrimation are the firstsigns of inflammation - is a protective reaction of the body. To precisely determine why the eyes swell and watery, it is better to consult an ophthalmologist. Having identified the reason, the doctor will prescribe adequate treatment, as a result of unpleasant symptoms will be eliminated quickly and without consequences.
The most common causes of inflammation of the eye mucosa and eyelid skin:
- an allergic reaction to pollen of plants orcomponents of dust can cause allergic conjunctivitis. As a rule, when contact with an allergen first swells the mucous membrane of the nose, as a result of an allergic rhinitis. Then the swelling spreads to the mucous membrane of the tear duct, eyelids and conjunctiva, there is a burning sensation in the eye and lacrimation;
- Viral inflammation of the eye can becomplication of SARS or an independent disease. The virus, getting into the cells of the mucous membrane, causes inflammation, the conjunctival vessels expand, the edema appears and the production of tear fluid increases;
- bacterial infection can causeconjunctivitis, blepharitis or barley. With all these diseases, the eyes swell and water. Barley is manifested by a limited edema of the eyelid in the ciliary region, blepharitis both swells and turns red, and whitish discharge appears on the eyelashes. With conjunctivitis, the pattern is similar to that described above;
- irritation from chemicals, includingwhen applying substandard cosmetics, can also cause swelling and lacrimation from the eyes. Chemical irritants cause the expansion of the vessels of the mucous membrane, as a result of which it swells. The increased production of lacrimal fluid in this case is protective in nature, since it promotes elution of the stimulus;
- long work at the computer and lack of sleepoften cause drying and irritation of the membranes of the eye. In this case, the whites of the eyes turn red, the itching appears and the amount of tear fluid reflexively increases.