Edema of the foot redness pain
If there is edema of the legs with oncology, treatment is necessary, especially if after the chemotherapy course the liquid continues to accumulate and after 2-3 months.
Swelling in the lower extremities causes a state of discomfort, pain, slows the regeneration of tissues. The risk of infection of the body increases.
Factors provoking the appearance of edema
Medical language swelling called lymphedema: in soft tissues accumulates lymph, a fluid that carries the body's lymphocytes - immune cells.
Most often lymphedema occurs in the lower limbs, but also appear on the face.
The causes of edema formation can be:
- trauma to the lymph nodes;
- leg injuries;
- infection of soft tissues;
- low-activity lifestyle;
Leg edema occurs in the following situations:
- As a consequence of radiotherapy of the lymph nodes in the groin area.
- When blocking the outflow of lymph from the lower extremities by neoplasm in the abdominal cavity.
- Lymphedema develops if the oncological process affects the lymph nodes of the groin.
- After surgery to remove lymph nodes in the treatment of tumors of the lower limbs and cancers of organs located in the pelvic area.
Symptoms, by which you can understand that there was swelling of the legs:
- pain and heaviness in the lower limbs;
- severe discomfort;
- change in skin color: redness or blueness;
- periodic feeling of muscle weakness.
If the symptoms are mild, then a course of restorative therapy will help to quickly solve the problem.
Edema of the face is also associated with a malfunctioning systemlymphatic drainage. Appears lymphedema of the face in cancer diseases of tissues located in the upper part of the trunk. Lymph nodes affected by cancer are not able to remove lymph in the former regime, resulting in lymphostasis.
If the edema of the lower limbs in most cases, the predictions are favorable, then swelling of the soft tissues of the face can lead to death.
For the treatment of lymphedema of the facial region, an individual approach is necessary. Therapeutic measures are carried out on the basis of the clinical picture and the results of the examination. The therapy includes the appointment of:
- antibiotics - to stop possible infection;
- diuretics - to ensure fluid outflow;
- manual lymphatic drainage, removing lymphatic accumulation.
In severe cases, a surgicalan intervention in which anastomoses form under the skin - artificial drainage system messages that carry out lymph drainage, bypassing diseased lymph nodes.
With swelling of the lower extremities are also appointedpreparations from groups of antibiotics and diuretics, a soft lymph drainage procedure is performed. Additionally, compression is applied by pneumatic procedures or by applying special elastic bandages. Later the patient can use special compression underwear.
If swelling causes severe discomfort, anesthetics are used.
Surgical treatment is indicated in especially severe cases.
With swelling of the lower limbs, the products are made according to the recipes of traditional healers:
- Various broths and infusions, in whichvegetable raw materials with a diuretic effect: birch leaves, field horsetail, black currant leaves, bird mountaineer, flax seeds, strawberry, juniper and dogrose berries.
- Effectively, the agent consists of the following ingredients, such as:
- honey - 50 g;
- lemon juice - 50 g;
- juice of mountain ash - 100 g;
- the juice of the viburnum is 100 g;
- paste phytolysin (sold in a pharmacy) - 1 pack 50 g.
Take after each meal on a tablespoon.
To reduce the unpleasant consequences of swelling, you need:
- correctly and thoroughly clean the skin of the feet from contamination;
- avoid traumatic influences, do not wear tight clothes and tight shoes;
- it is necessary to engage in physical therapy, choosing exercises depending on one's own condition;
- resting, as much as possible to unload the lower limbs, lifting them;
- Avoid exposure to excessively high or low temperatures.
Adverse changes in the condition of the lower extremities: increased swelling, redness of the skin - the reason for seeking medical advice.
If the increase in discomfort is accompanied by an increase in temperature and a sensation of fever in the legs, the doctor must be visited urgently.