Sprain of ligaments to remove swelling
Unfortunately, this pathology is very common and it is the most common in the winter, when the ice makes people glide along the ice and fail unsuccessfully.
Not everyone can survive the winter without injury, but in the summer time there is a disease such as ankle sprain, the treatment of which is not very simple, as it seems at first glance.
Why there is sprain
Most ankle injuriesoccurs in everyday life, and not during sports, as many people believe. But athletes who are engaged in inflating their muscles, but at the same time forget about the internal muscles of the shins and feet, are at risk.
The causes of this pathology are as follows:
- a fall. Most often, the foot is turned up when it falls on ice in winter;
- sharp turn of the foot during running or walking. In this case, the heel is turned inwards andthis leads to the fact that the ankle moves outward. Very often stretching the ankle, the treatment of which should be timely, lies in wait for women of fashion on high heels. The leg on a high platform or heel is tucked and this leads to stretching. If you hear a crash or crunch with such a trauma - this case is quite heavy and there is a possibility of damage to the bone or a complete rupture of the ligaments;
- kick in the leg. During the impact, the foot takes an unnatural position;
- congenital weakness of ligaments and diseases that affect the muscles.
Patients who have experienced this disease and know how to treat ankle sprain, say that such a trauma is very painful.
The pain in the joint becomes stronger during movement and if the stretch is heavy - a person can not tread on the leg.
After an injury, there is swelling around the ankle, it reduces the mobility of the foot and the ankle becomes even more unstable.
Many people are interested in what to do right aftertrauma and how to treat ankle sprain at home. First of all, you need to carefully remove the shoes from the affected leg, you should try not to squeeze the edema zone, and the sick leg quickly provide peace. Immediately after the injury to the affected joint, it is necessary to apply ice and a pressure bandage. Do not apply ice to an unprotected towel or gauze skin! Such actions will help to remove swelling and give the patient joint rest.
With severe pain or strengthening it by evening, you can drink anesthetic medication - analgin or something like that.
Ice should be applied and maintained for fifteen minutes, then take a break for half an hour and again put the ice on the sore spot. Such actions are carried out in the first 24 hours after the injury.
After this time, the patient's joint will require heat - a hot bath or a heating pad. Heat brings a relaxing effect, activates blood circulation and promotes the healing of damaged tissue.
If the stretch is heavy - do not stand up and do the ankle joint movements.
It is best to spend some time in bed withraised feet, this reduces swelling in the foot. In some cases, body temperature rises, but this is the usual reaction of the body to trauma. If the pain in the joint is unbearable and there is swelling in the ankle area - immediately contact a traumatologist. This must be done and then, if the deformation of the joint is noticeable externally.
All the above measures are the mostnecessary, after that the treatment of sprain of the ankle joint is handled by a traumatologist. You will need to take an X-ray to avoid a fracture or fracture. Before going to the doctor, be sure to fix the affected ankle with an elastic bandage.
Some people do not go immediately after an injury ina trauma center, especially if they do not work or are on vacation. The above measures will help alleviate the condition of the patient, but if the swelling and pain do not disappear within two weeks after the injury and the patient can not stand on foot - a visit to the trauma specialist is mandatory!
Medical measures depend on the extent to which the joint is damaged. If treatment of ankle sprain is correct - complications are not expected in the future.
Degrees of stretching and methods of treatment
1. The first degree. Only a few fibers are torn and the movements in the joint are painful, but possible. This is an easy condition and in this case you just need to apply the same pressure bandage and ice to the damaged area. The next day the joint needs to be warm, and after two or three days you can begin to gradually develop a joint and remove the fixative bandage.
In the first three days after the injury, the patient is prescribedlubricate the affected area with ointments Voltaren, Diklak and take pain medication with severe pain. On the second day after the injury, it is desirable to lubricate the ankle with Troxevasin gel, which improves venous outflow. Doctors advise to alternate Troxevasin with heparin ointment. After three days, the joints are lubricated with warming gels and ointments - Apizarthron and the like.
2. The second degree. There is intense pain, swelling is severe, movements in the joint are limited to three days. Treatment of sprains of an ankle joint of this degree means immobilization of a sick joint by one and a half or even two weeks. In the first three days after injury, the leg should be on an elevated position. Ice is applied only in the first day, then dry heat is recommended.
Ointments and anesthesia are the same as inthe above case. During immobilization it is necessary to perform movements in the hip joint. An ankle and knee should not be moved, on the fifth day it is allowed to wiggle your toes slightly. After removal of immobilization, exercise therapy is prescribed and the recovery period will take at least a month.
3. The third degree. The pain is simply unbearable, the patient can hardly move the joint, and if the ailment is not treated at this stage, then the ligament of the ligaments appears later. This degree of stretching may require the imposition of gypsum, sometimes an operation is required.
Immobilization will take at least a month. Anesthetizing injections with pills are prescribed. After a week of immobilization, it is allowed to wiggle your toes little by little, but each new exercise should be performed only after consulting with the doctor, otherwise the patient's condition will worsen and the recovery period will increase. With such damage, the recovery period will take at least two months.
If the degree of the disease is not very severe, afterdisappearance of edema and pain reduction, further treatment of ankle sprain is to perform joint rehabilitation exercises. Do exercises without undue tension and do not strain the muscles with ligaments.
Fitness instructors recommend doingexercises on flexion-extension of the joint and rotation. If certain actions cause pain, stop the activity immediately. The physical load on the damaged joint goes gradually and increases every day. Many surgeons and traumatologists believe that the motor activity of the joint is very important, and the exercises must begin immediately after the disappearance of swelling and pain.
LFK will help prevent muscle atrophy and stiffness.
Many people are interested, both at hometreatment of ankle sprain and whether there are folk recipes for the treatment of this disease. About the first aid to the injured leg and further treatment you already learned, now let's talk about folk medication.
In solving the problem with the ankle, a hota compress made of milk, it very well relieves pain. Apply a hot milk compress to the affected area of the foot, and change it to a new compress as it cools down.
Tea - an excellent remedy for swelling and pain instretching. Wet four layers of gauze in warm tea and put a compress on the problem area, cover with compression paper and wrap it with a woolen scarf. Do not tighten too tightly. After the tea compress has dried, remove it and put a new one.
Twist two medium sized bulbsmeat grinder and combine onion gruel with a teaspoon of salt. Kashitsu put on a layer of gauze, top cover with the same gauze and attach the onion compress to the affected area. Top with a warm cloth or scarf. The onion is anti-inflammatory, and the salt will remove all excess fluid from the injured tissues.
This is the easiest way to treat stretching andif there is no time to prepare complex tinctures and compresses - just take an ordinary cabbage leaf. It should be kneaded a little and greased with vegetable oil. Instead of oil, you can sprinkle a sheet of baking soda powder. Then apply the processed cabbage leaf on the sore spot. It is advisable that the sheet stay on its leg all night, wrap it with a regular or elastic bandage to fix it.
We hope that the above information has helpedyou will learn how the sprain of the ankle is treated and what a disease is. Moderation of physical activity, attention while walking and wearing comfortable shoes will protect your joints from stretching.