Swelling of the main sinus
- Causes of edema of the nasal sinuses
- Nasal congestion treatment
- Methods for removing puffiness at home
With such a problem as swelling of the sinuses withouta cold in his life, a person faces repeatedly. Since in addition to labored breathing the patient may not feel any more symptoms, little attention is paid to this problem, especially if the puffiness comes off without treatment itself for several days.
But in reality the problem is serious enough. Due to the fact that the breathing process is disrupted, the body is poorly supplied with oxygen, which is necessary for the normal operation of all systems and organs. Oxygen starvation begins to experience andbrain. For this reason, such a symptom should not be ignored. It is necessary to find out the cause of this problem, which can be a symptom of a serious illness.
Causes of edema of the nasal sinuses
This problem is increasingly faced by residentslarge cities due to poor environmental conditions, which every year is only exacerbated. The human nose acts as a filter. It prevents penetration into the body of harmful substances and dust, which saturated the surrounding air.
- Dry air. Excessive air dryness causes the mucous membrane to dry out, resulting in swelling.
- Allergic reactions. Allergen can be a variety of chemicals, pollen, fluff and others. Most often, allergic edema is accompanied by additional symptoms, such as itching, burning, tearing and sneezing.
- Vasodilating drops. If you use such a drug, not observing the dosage and more than 7 days, it will lead to swelling of the mucosa and cease to help. In the case of a subsequent increase in the dose, the body becomes accustomed to drops in addition to the absence of a vasoconstrictive result, the swelling of the nose may remain even after refusing to take drops.
- Sinusitis is an inflammation of the paranasal sinuses. It is caused by a viral or bacterial infection. In most cases, puffiness remains after passing the common cold. Inflammation of the sinuses can also occur as a result of the inflammatory process in the root of the tooth of the upper jaw.
- Sinusitis. One of the varieties of sinusitis. Inflammation of the maxillary sinus causes infections and viruses. In some cases, sinusitis can be triggered by an allergic reaction.
- The initial stage of the viral disease. Edema of the sinuses of the nose is the first symptom of the disease.
- Injury of the nose or curvature of the nasal septum.
- Polyps, adenoids, tumors.
- Foreign body in the nasal cavity.
- Alcohol abuse, taking certain medications (side effect), using narcotic substances.
- Changing the hormonal background (during pregnancy).
In most cases, determine the cause of edemasinuses of the nose is not difficult. In young children, puffiness, which does not carry a pathological basis, is almost always eliminated by the usual moistening of the air and normalization of the temperature in the room.
If the pathology is caused by an allergen, then forRemoving the symptom is enough to get rid of it (if possible). Other causes of swelling of the nose are subject to more complex treatment, with the help of medications or even surgically. Therefore, if there is swelling of the nose without a cold, then you should consult a doctor, even if the cause is known. In addition to confirming the diagnosis, the doctor will help you choose the correct treatment that will avoid complications.
In the event that the cause of swelling of the noseis a curved nasal septum, a surgical method of correcting irregularities is recommended. This operation takes from 20 minutes to 1.5 hours. The duration will depend on the degree and type of deformation. During the operation, the patient is removed the expanded cartilaginous tissue.
Inflammation of the maxillary sinus, which lasts longer than 4 weeks, is considered protracted. After 6 weeks, the disease goes to a chronic stage.
With puffiness of the mucous glands, cysts and pseudocysts that can deform the bone can form.
Treatment can be prescribed both conservative and surgical, everything will depend on the complexity of the pathology and its causes.
Different forms of sinusitis require individualapproach. If the genyantritis was caused by polyps that led to clogging of the sinus outlet, the polyps are removed from the nasal cavity, after which the treatment continues medically, without radical measures.
Inflammation of the maxillary sinus caused bypurulent sinusitis, treated with a puncture. The sinus is washed with a disinfectant solution, and then an antibiotic is injected into its cavity. In the event that the swelling of the sinuses was caused by such forms of sinusitis, as caseous, necrotic or cholesteatomic, it is recommended to perform a surgical operation. There are 2 ways of surgical intervention - endonasal (intranasal) and extranasal (vnenosovoy). All surgical procedures are performed under general anesthesia.
Methods for removing puffiness at home
When worried about chronic nasal congestion, which is not accompanied by a runny nose, it is possible to facilitate the breathing process in ways that improve blood flow in the vessels:
- Hot foot baths and putting mustard plies on the calf muscles. You can supplement everything with hot tea made from linden, raspberry or honey.
- Nasal bridge massage. The points to be influenced by the fingertips are on the left and right side of the bridge of the nose. Essential oils can be used for massage.
- Washing. You can remove puffiness by rinsing your nose with clean water, seawater or saline. Washing will clean the nasal cavity of dust and possible allergens, as well as moisturize the mucous membrane.
- Warming with sand or salt. Pour heated salt or sand into a pouch and put it to the nose.
All of the above ways to remove puffinessIt should be used only after consultation with a doctor, so as not to harm your health. For example, if the swelling of the nose has been caused by mechanical damage (injury), then heating is prohibited.