Edema of the right kidney
The kidneys are engaged in filtering blood and removing unnecessary liquid from the body, which helps prevent slagging of the body and prevents swelling.
In addition, the kidneys are involved in the formation of hormones, in the processes of metabolism and maintaining the optimal amount of certain substances in the body.
What if the kidneys work fails?
Causes of pain and discomfort in the kidney area
Independently to determine the true cause of pain in the right kidney is rather difficult and impractical.
This situation can indicate problems with the digestive tract, inflammation of the appendix, malfunctioning of the intestine and much more.
Symptoms: pain in the lumbar region and kidneys,a decrease in the amount of urine, urine of unnatural color: cloudy, contains sand and stones, an increase in the urge to urinate, with urination burning, from the body as a whole - the drop in visual acuity and itching.
Pain in the right kidney most often signals about:
- Pyelonephritis. It is an inflammatory process of renal pelvis.
- Cancer right kidney.
- Hydronephrosis of the right kidney. These violations in the work of the kidneys associated with the expansion of the renal pelvis and calyxes, comes to the atrophy of the renal parenchyma. It is accompanied by painful sensations and an increase in the size of the kidney.
- Nephroptosis of the right kidney (omission). It is accompanied by a painful, unrestrained pain in the lower back.
- Adenomas, fibromas (benign tumors).
- Urolithiasis. It is accompanied by painful sensations, apathy, a sharp loss of body weight, anemia, swelling in the lumbar region.
- Kiste. It is accompanied by pain in the lower back, it increases with increased loads. As a rule, this is a congenital disease, but it can also appear against the background of inflammatory processes (pyelonephritis, for example).
On traditional and folk methods of treating sciatica, read here.
Similarly to pain in the right kidney, pain in the left may be accompanied by a mass of diseases that are "difficult to diagnose" by eye, and sometimes it is not possible at all.
The pain in the left kidney is associated with the following problems:
- Bruises / strokes. Any damage to muscle tissue in the areaThe lower back can cause injuries to the kidney tissue. With light bruises, the pain itself passes for some time, with extremely strong impacts, a kidney rupture can occur, the pain is unbearable.
- Urolithiasis disease. Both in the left and in the right kidney canto form stones, which in themselves do not cause painful sensations. But as soon as the stone starts its movement, damage to the mucous membrane of the kidney occurs, which can lead to bleeding.
- Benign tumors. Successfully gives in to treatment.
- Malignant tumor (cancer). Cancer is hard to treat, in extreme and neglected cases, surgical intervention and a donor kidney transplant are required.
- Omission of the kidney. The pain manifests itself in an upright position and towards evening. Eliminate this problem only by surgery.
- Renal insufficiency. As soon as the kidney ceases to cope withtheir "duties", there is an accumulation of poisons and toxins by the body, which are sent by all organs. In addition to pain in the kidney area, there is swelling of the legs, lethargy, palpitations and high blood pressure.
Can be observed with increasing quantityconsumed fluid, during pregnancy, with urological and nephrologic pathologies, nephroptosis, pyelonephritis in chronic form, hydronephrosis, kidney tuberculosis, malignant / benign tumors, polycystosis, with vesical-pulmonary reflux, and others.
In this case, the strength of pain affects the position of the body, the speed of walking.
Pain can become worse when the body is positioned vertically and soften when positioned horizontally. Similar variations and distinguish kidney diseases from problems with the spine (such as radiculitis).
Also aching pains appear with nephrectomy (removal of the kidney). This is due to compensatory hypertrophy of the kidney.
The most common cause of trauma is injury / bruise / overexertion.
If the damage is mild, then after the lapseThe pain passes by itself (it is advisable to apply compresses and maintain the horizontal position of the body). If the injuries are severe, then hospitalization is necessary.
Also trailing pain signals a nascent disease, for example, urolithiasis, any inflammatory processes in the kidneys.
Rarely - with the wrong location of the appendix, inflammation of appendicitis or abdominal hernia.
The main causes of severe pain in the kidney area: pyelonephritis, renal failure in the chronic stage, malignant / benign tumors, nephroptosis, renal stone disease, severe bruises and damage to kidney tissue, kidney hydronephrosis.
Sharp pain, as a rule, is accompanied by vomiting, nausea, weakness, apathy, chills and fever.
Most often indicates a kidney stone disease,inflammatory and infectious diseases, against persistent stress, glomerulonephritis, chronic pyelonephritis, or bruises and damage to soft kidney tissues.
Bright and severe pain is characteristic of renal colic, with the pain can subside and increase again, give impulses to the abdominal area, to the groin and genitals, as well as to the urinary canals.
Such pains are accompanied by diarrhea, nausea, weakness and urge to urinate.
Acute pain is called renal colic. It is observed in kidney stones, during inflammatory and infectious diseases, in the passage of stone or blood through the channels of the urinary system, against the background of increased physical exertion and frequent stress.
The reason for such pain is a violation in the processes of urine outflow.
Occurs with spinal injuries, as well assignals about some diseases of vital organs, for example, pelvic disease. In addition, dull pain occurs when the kidneys are lowered, while walking, coughing, or exercising. Council. When omitting the kidneys, try to maintain the position of the body on the back or side.
Similar pain sensations are observed with pyelonephritis. Usually in a chronic form and proceeds almost imperceptibly. Chronic form, as a rule, is acquired in childhood and more often in women.
The first signals that pyelonephritis has developedin a chronic form, is a pulsation in the kidney area and a rise in temperature. Pyelonephritis can be either unilateral, or spread to both kidneys.
Healthy eating and dieting
At first. Exclude salt and restrict consumptionliquid. Because of the large amount of salt, there is a desire to consume more fluid, which inevitably leads to edema and increased kidney function. The norm of salt per day is 3-7 gr.
Secondly. limit the intake of foods containing high amounts of potassium and phosphorus, for example, fried vegetables, sour-milk products, canned goods, dried fruits, and fruits (leave pears and apples).
Thirdly. a diet should appoint a doctor, in order to accurately determine the consumption of certain foods.
If the cause of kidney pain is an inflammatory disease, anti-inflammatory drugs is inevitable. When stones are used painkillers and anti-inflammatories. Also, kidney treatment is associated with the use of anabolic steroids. such as Nerobol, Lespenefil, Retabolil.
Treatment in this way takes more time than medication. Therefore, when choosing the appropriate "home" treatment consult with a specialist.
Tincture from corn stigmas
Used for edema of the kidneys. Using a similar recipe, it is important to adhere to a strict diet. Preparation: 1 st / l corn stigmas pour 250 ml boiling water, boil for 20 minutes and leave the mixture to stand for half an hour. Take inside 2 st / l every 3 hours.
The herb has a diuretic and anti-inflammatoryaction. Preparation: 1 tablespoon of bearberry is poured 250 ml of boiling water and put on a water bath for half an hour. After this time, we cool the tincture and filter through a sieve. Dilute boiled water to the original volume. Take inside 50 ml 3 times a day.
It is added during the bath. You can do both leg and saddle procedures, as well as dive all over the body. To prepare the broth: horsetail fill with five liters of boiling water, leave to infuse for several hours. For the foot bath, take 150 ml of decoction, for a sedentary 250 ml, and for a full bath - 350 ml.
This is a wonderful tool that has a diureticeffect. To prepare the broth: take 1 c / l cornflower flowers, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and leave to infuse for 2 hours. Take inside 2 st / l 3 times a day.
Has a good diuretic and anti-inflammatory effect. To make the taste more pleasant, you can add h / l honey.
Treatment with bath procedures is possible for some types of diseases. Bath normalizes the balance of fluid in the body, reduces the burden on the kidneys and warms up the patient's body.
Video: What to do when the doctor is not around?
Unfortunately, when a person has back pain, everyone makes mistakes.
At the beginning of this video describes what you should not do - warm up the sore spot. The following are important recommendations.
- Limit the consumption of medication. Antibiotics, for example, destroy their own useful microflora. First, use folk methods to fight kidney disease, taking into account the characteristics of your body.
- Include in your diet carrots, celery andcurrant, decoctions of yarrow, dog rose, dandelion, nettle. Reduce salt intake. In some cases, it is recommended to increase fluid intake.
- For pain in the lower back, apply compresses and warmers.
- Avoid temperature fluctuations, observe the temperature regime.
- Timely and correctly treat the disease.
- Add more physical activity.
- Avoid injuries and falls.
- Strictly watch for hygiene.
- Observe a diet based on the principles of proper nutrition.
- Give up harmful habits that poison your body.
- Regular visit to the doctor every six months.
- Do exercise therapy.
Rehabilitation after surgery on the spine involves a variety of programs. Using lumbar corsets will help patients cope with pain and stress during recovery.
Choose the right corset for straightening posture here.
Answers to frequently asked questions
Q: My back aches under the ribs. What to do?
Answer: This occurs when deformation of intervertebral discs, tumors, can signal about osteochondrosis, hernia or other diseases of internal organs. Also with trauma, osteoporosis and overweight. In order to find out the true cause of pain, it is necessary to consult a specialist who will assign the appropriate study to identify the cause of the pain.
Q: Why does my back develop in the area of the kidney after sleeping?
Answer: Causes of pain in the back area after waking: osteochondrosis of the cervical, lumbar or thoracic region, dystrophy of certain muscle groups, awkward position during sleep or the wrong mattress, increased stress on the spine during the day, scoliosis, swelling of the muscles near the spine, Bechterew's disease.
Question: Why do pains of the back appear in the kidney during pregnancy?
Answer: This is due to relaxation of the femoral joints, which are prepared for childbirth. To compensate for the balance, the belly protrusions. The result is a bent spine, tense muscles, as a result of this, and back pain.
Question: The back is hurting in the kidney and lower abdomen. What's the connection?
Answer: Such pain accompanies those who have violations in the work of the kidneys and urinary tract. In women such a "combination" of pain can talk about gynecological diseases, menstrual irregularities.
Q: Why does my back hurt when you sit?
Answer: A similar problem signals the onset of osteochondrosis, in which the intervertebral discs begin to change their structure, then the vertebrae are damaged and displaced.