Drinking with swelling
Why do swelling appear during pregnancy: causes? How harmful are they to the mother and baby, and how useful can they be? What should be the drinking and nutrition of a pregnant woman with edemas? All this can be found here.
During pregnancy, there is a global restructuring of the entire body and the pregnant woman has to think about how to avoid stretching and not gain weight. But there is another problem - this edema. Moreover, the longer the gestation period, the greater the likelihood of edema.
So, what should every future mother take to avoid edema?
To begin with, why there are swelling. During pregnancy the body of a woman changes because of the action of female sex hormones and fluid retention in the tissues, which leads to the formation of edema.
Despite the fact that in the early period of tissue alsoaccumulate fluid, it is not as noticeable as in the last months of pregnancy. In this process, hormones estrogen and progesterone are involved, which negatively affect the kidney hormones. As a result, sodium is retained in the body, along with which fluid is retained.
What kind of discomfort appears with edemas: symptoms?
- The feet become wider, making it difficult to wear shoes.
- The fingers are swollen, making it difficult to perform small work - to embroider, sew, tie laces, etc.
- The compression of the nerve trunks, which causes crawling and numbness in the fingers or toes.
- It becomes difficult to walk.
Can edemas have a positive effect on the body of a pregnant woman?
In the late stages of pregnancy, the body accumulates additional fluid and this is physiologically justified. Why?
- The fluid is needed to replenish the blood volume,circulating in the body. The metabolism can be carried out only in a liquid medium, and in a pregnant woman it goes more intensively, therefore, more fluid in the tissues is required.
Edemas can not harm the fetus in any way. since they appear only in the body of a pregnant woman, and the baby is protected by the placenta.
- Drinking is necessary only by thirst, in small sips.
- Use only pure or mineral table water without gas.
- Do not drink soda - it only provokes thirst and causes heartburn.
- It is recommended to drink green tea or loose black, herbal tea. Herbal teas must be agreed with the doctor.
- Consumption of milk and sour-milk drinks, juices diluted in half or two-thirds by boiled water.
- Do not drink sweet undiluted juices and too salty mineral water, as they can only intensify thirst and provoke the appearance of a strong edema.
How to eat properly with edemas?
Limit those foods that trap the body's fluid: salinity, fatty, smoked, and heavily fried foods.
Do not eat crackers with salt, sauerkraut, crackers, sausage, sausages.
Eat fresh vegetables and fruits, especially withdiuretic effect: dill, artichoke, watermelon, celery, melon, cranberries, carrots, currants and cranberries. Very useful for you can be a salad of pumpkin and apples - it will prevent the appearance of constipation and will have an anti-edema effect.