Othello right ankle
In the structure of traumatic foot injury andThe lower leg of an ankle dislocation is not as common as other types of injuries. But because of its severity and methods of elimination, this disease requires special attention. After all, the ankle joint closed the basic function of support when walking. If the joint is turned off from this process, then the foot, which is capable of performing its function, can not realize it.
Mechanism of insidious dislocation
Ankle joint - quite complicatedstructure, which is well strengthened by ligaments, tendons of large muscles and a powerful capsule. The volume of movements, in this regard, has its clear limitations. This is due to the fact that dislocation in this joint occurs rarely. The reasons for dislocation of the lower leg are mostly sports injuries. Their character can be divided into:
- Sudden excessive rear bending (movement of the foot upward).
- A strong plantar extension of the foot in the ankle.
- Pathological rotational movement of the foot with a fixed knee joint.
- Turning the foot to the outer or inner surface from its center.
The video tells about how the dislocation occurs in the ankle:
In this case, ankle injury may beboth isolated and combined. In the second case, they arise secondary, due to the loss of one or more fixing joint supports, which are the ankles.
For the emergence of an isolated dislocation, the action of the traumatic factor must be very strong, which is possible only when falling from a height and road injury.
Fractures are the most common form of ankle dislocation, due to the fact that it can occur under the influence of usual factors and loads associated with everyday life. During the dislocation, the displacement of the talusbones with the entire foot relative to the fixing fork, formed by the ankles and the joint surface of the tibia. In this case, the rupture or extension of the joint capsule and tendons is inevitable.
Common symptoms for all kinds of ankle dislocation are pain, swelling, deformity and inability to perform its basic functions. About everything and in order.
- Pain syndrome. Characterized by the appearance at the time of injury. Accompanied by a specific crunch in the affected joint. Immediately thereafter, its decrease is noteddue to overexcitation of pain receptors and their relative insensitivity. After a while, the pain intensifies again, especially with the slightest movement of the foot.
- Edema. Always has a progressive character, spreading all round the ankle, ankles, lower leg and foot. It can occur instantly in the form of bruises and cyanosis of the skin.
- Deformation of the joint. Depends on the type of dislocation and degree of displacement of the foot relative to the joint fork of the shin. At subluxations visible on eyes deformations it is not defined. In case of complete dislocation, the foot may be completely curved in one direction or another.
- Violation of the function is manifested not only by the violation of walking and support. In the case of complete dislocation, even active and passive movements are impossible. The foot freezes in the wrong position.
Dislocation of the ankle in a child manifests the same symptomatology. Characteristic is their even more rare development in childhood, which is associated with the elasticity and softness of bone formations.
Diagnostic procedures in determining the type of dislocation
Clinical data are sufficiently indicative forin order to make a correct diagnosis. But in any case, all patients with an ankle injury suspect an x-ray of the ankle joint in two projections. This exercise will help to establish concomitant fractures of the ankles and the type of dislocation.
- Lateral dislocations of the foot. Never meet in isolation. Always combined with fractures of the ankles (external, internal or a combination of them).
- Subluxation of the foot, accompanied by incomplete mismatch of the articular surfaces in the ankle, which is possible with the rupture of syndesmosis (joint) between the tibia.
- Anterior dislocation. It is rare.
- Posterior dislocation. It is possible with a combined fracture of the posterior ankle - a bone outgrowth of the tibia, which keeps the foot from the rear overextension.
- Habitual dislocation. It can occur as a result of improperly treated or initially severe dislocation of the foot with ruptured capsules and tendons. In this case, there is an absolute instability of the joint with the possibility of repeated dislocations with minimal loads.
How to defeat the disease in a healing battle
The video tells how to restore ligaments after an ankle injury:
About what to do with dislocation of the ankle joint, one should know, if not every person, then every doctor is exactly:
- Severe immobility of the joint byImmobilization in the position in which it is after committing the dislocation. This is achieved by imposing ladder tires or improvised tools that mimic them. Patients should be transported to the nearest emergency room.
- Local exposure to low temperatures. Will reduce the pain and progression of edema.
- Adequate analgesia with any painkillers.
Attach the ice to the injured joint
In a medical institution after examination by a specialist and conducting diagnostic activities, a further tactic of treatment of an ankle dislocation is determined. Specific manipulations may be proposed.
- Closed repositioning of ankle fractures with one-stage dislocation adjustment. This is the most favorable treatment option ifthere is an opportunity to fulfill it. Manipulation is performed under general anesthesia. By traction (traction on oneself) of a dislocated foot, its direction is produced. In this case, the ankle fractures can independently stand on the right place. After repositioning, an ointment is applied to accelerate the healing of damaged tissues in the area of the damaged joint and reduce pain. The method is not feasible for rupture of intercostal syndrome.
- Operative correction of dislocation. It is shown for complex fractures withconcomitant complications and damage to this area. In this case, fractures are exposed with the help of one or two incisions. The dislocation of the joint is corrected, as in the case of a closed reposition. The difference is that the fractures and tears of the intercellular joint are strengthened by means of special plates or screws. This will shorten the recovery time after dislocation and ensure the fixation of the ankle for a long time.
The video shows a restorative massage for injuries of the lower leg and foot:
After correcting the dislocation, regardless of his method, physiotherapy, exercise therapy, massage, water procedures are performed.
- Fracture of finger on hand - symptoms and consequences
Posted on Mar 6, 2013</ li>
Posted Mar 5, 2013
Posted on Mar 3, 2013
Posted on Mar 11, 2013
Posted on Mar 21, 2013