The joints of the foot swell
Excessive accumulation of fluid in the tissues is swellingthe joint of the foot or the ankle. This is a complex combination of the talus of the foot directly with the shin. The consequences of heavy loads on this joint can be short-term or permanent swelling of the tissues.
How to determine the swelling of the ankle joint?
Visual magnification of the joint is visually diagnosed. When you press into any area with your finger, the dent from it does not quickly disappear, but remains visible for a long time.
Edema with mild forms of joint disease usually immediately manifest in the morning and pass with the onset of motor activity, or gradually increase in the evening, after a busy day.
Causes of foot swelling edema
- trauma (stretching, fracture, dislocation);
- problems with blood vessels;
- venous insufficiency;
- impaired synthesis of hormones;
- hereditary problems;
- diseases of internal organs.
Treatment is carried out by eliminating the cause and facilitating the course of the underlying disease, and in some cases only slowing its progression (with arthrosis, any other joint deformities).
- Raised leg position.
- Lubrication with decongestants, cooling ointments.
- Use of anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Gradual decrease in body weight.
- Use of auxiliary means for movement - sticks, crutches.
- Physiotherapy (UHF, magnetotherapy, paraffin baths, massage).
- Intra-articular injections to relieve the condition.
- Reduce the consumption of liquids.
- To accept kidney fees in case of insufficient kidney work.
- Introduce diuretics (diuretics or medications).
- Reduce the amount of salt in food.
- Improve blood circulation.