Swelling in the body causes
Often we can be visited by such trouble as bags (swelling) and circles (bruises) under the eyes. In order to understand how to get rid of this scourge, you first need to understand what the features of the skin under the eyes, as well as what causes can cause the continuous appearance of bags (edema) under the eyes, or the appearance of swelling (bags) sometimes in the morning. If you often encounter such a problem,be sure to read this article to understand what to do next. Often, edema occurs due to tears or a sleepless night, a salted fish with beer for the night, a lack of water in the body. But there are other reasons. Let's understand.
Features of the skin under the eyes
The skin under the eyes is the thinnest and most sensitive. In this area there are no sebaceous glands, therefore it is more dry. The skin under the eyes is more delicate and the capillaries are better seen in these places. The lack of moisture only aggravates the matter. Poor blood supply leads to stagnation of blood in the capillaries under the eyes and the formation of blue and black circles under the eyes. If the body develops swelling, then in the first place most often suffer from the eyes.
The main causes of edema and bags under the eyes in the mornings
1. Accumulation of fluid and as a consequence of the appearance of swelling (bags) through the eyes in the morning. If the eyelids swell only occasionally in the morning, thenmost likely the reason is this. The body does not have time to get rid of water, which leads to edema, and tk. the skin around the eyes is the most delicate and sensitive, the most noticeable is just under the eyes. There are several reasons for fluid retention:
- The excess amount of salty and spicy, especially at night. Salt retains water in the body and t. it water can not normally circulate in the body, there are swelling (bags) under the eyes. In the evening, try not to eat salty food at all
- Drinking water, coffee or other drinks at night. But at night you should not drink a lot of water and drinks, delimited by a couple of sips of water
- Drinking alcohol, especially at night. Alcohol also contributes to water retention
2. Insufficient water intake during the day. Strangely enough, but that there was no edema,you need to drink water, about 2 liters of water a day, 2/3 of which it is desirable to drink until 2 pm. If you drink too little, the body begins to store water.
3. Sleepless night, chronic lack of sleep, stress, fatigue - Another reason for the appearance of edema (bags) under the eyes. Approximate average time for sleep is 8 hours. Try to stay up until 22-23 pm.
4. The next reason for the appearance of swelling (bags) under the eyes - the wrong position of the head during sleep. The head during sleep should be just above the body.
5. Tears before bed can easily cause swelling (bags) under the eyes in the morning.
6. Poor diet or irregular diets, hunger, lack of vitamins and trace elements, late supper - all this is also the cause of the appearance of edema (bags) under the eyes.
7. Severe heat, especially during sleep, can also cause swelling (bags) under the eyes. In the heat, you need to drink more water.
8. Unusually intensive training can also cause swelling (bags) under the eyes. if you do not fill the lack of water after it
Cosmetics with harmful ingredients may cause allergies and swelling of the eyes .
9. If you do not wash for a couple of hours before bedtime.. but for example, you do not wash at all in the evening or take off your make-up right before bedtime, then you do not allow your skin to rest, and this can also cause swelling (bags) under the eyes.
10. Do not apply a nourishing cream right before bedtime.. If your cream contains film-forming ingredients, then applying such a cream right before going to bed can cause swelling (bags) under the eyes .
11. If you use a large amount of decorative cosmetics. especially dense foundation creams and concealers, this can cause swelling (bags) under the eyes.
12. Overextension of the eye muscles is another cause of edema (bags) under the eyes. It may occur during long-term work at a computer, a microscope, and also if you watch TV for a long time or do handicrafts, draw. Be sure to give rest to the eyes.
13. Lack of oxygen. Come in more fresh air, try to move more.
14. Lack of movement and sedentary work disrupt the blood flow that can lead to swelling (bags) under the eyes. Take breaks in work, move more, play sports
15. Drinking and smoking, as well as frequent exposure to the sun often leads to early aging of the skin, incl. loss of elasticity and elasticity of the skin, "bulging" of the subcutaneous fat layer. And this is one of the reasons for the formation of edema (bags) under the eyes.
16. Constipation. under which intoxication occurs, - the next reason for the appearance of edema (bags) under the eyes
17. The end of the monthly cycle. A few days before the start of menstruation, estrogen levels rise. It causes fluid retention in the body, and as a result, the appearance of edema (bags) under the eyes.
18. Late periods of pregnancy as a cause of edema (bags) under the eyes - normal occurrence due to salt retentionand water in the body. However, swelling under the eyes during pregnancy (especially in the first trimester or when gaining more than 15 kg in weight) may also indicate kidney disease, preeclampsia (edema) of pregnant women or other diseases. In chronic diseases (such as pyelonephritis), swelling under the eyes of a pregnant woman can mean exacerbation of the disease.
19. Violation of venous and lymphatic drainage - the next cause of edema (bags) under the eyes and. When blood and lymph stagnate under the eyes, swelling (bags) become red, yellow, blue, purple or even black. It depends on the pigment of the skin and its thickness. Such circles under the eyes are also called bruises. And they can not pass for years, if you do not competently approach this problem. In this case, will help physical activity, fresh air, contrasting water treatments, massage.
In all these cases everything is in your hands - eliminating the causes of edema (bags) under the eyes is not so difficult, the main thing is to understand these reasons. Watch your body, thenswelling occurs. But generally, these are recommendations for leading a healthy lifestyle of a person and their non-observance may cause not only edema, but also various other cosmetic and health problems.
Also, the causes of edema (bags) under the eyes can be age-related changes and genetic predisposition:
- Atrophy of the circular muscles around the eyes with age, a decrease in skin elasticity and sagging is a common cause of the appearance of edema (bags) under the eyes. In this case, massage will help, and the sooner you start doing it, the better.
- Changes in the fat layer under the eyes, accumulation of fat under the eyes with age. The most affordable method to help fightwith this cause of edema (bags) under the eyes - massage and weight control. If the so-called hernia of the eyelids is strongly pronounced along with bruises under the eyes remains for the whole day, then perhaps an operation, so-called, will help with edema (bags) under the eyes. blepharoplasty.
- Genetic predisposition - another reason for the appearance of edema (bags) under the eyes. You should engage in daily prevention of edema and bags under the eyes, as well as apply quick methods to eliminate swelling under the eyes.
Edemas (bags) under the eyes, caused by the cause of age-related changes, hold on all day, not changing in size.
Except for all of the above, The causes of edema (bags) under the eyes can be various diseases:
- Frequent headaches. It may be due to lack of sleep and chronic fatigue, excessive eye strain, but it may also be due to disease
- Kidney diseases often cause swelling (bags) under the eyes
- Diseases of the liver and gastrointestinal tract
- Diseases of the endocrine system (including a problem with the thyroid gland) and fluctuations in hormones
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system
- Diseases of the genitourinary system
- Diseases of the nervous system
- Sinusitis and sinusitis
- Allergies. It is important to determine the factor provoking an allergy. Allergies can be caused by a variety of factors, such as cosmetics, pollen, dust, food, animal hair. The elimination of the allergy-provoking factor, as well as antihistamines, will help.
In all these cases, you should consult a doctor and do not self-medicate. If swelling occurs sharply and is accompanied by other symptoms, such as headache or back pain, breathing problems, be sure to consult a doctor.
In healthy people, edema (bags) under the eyes is usually not accompanied by other symptoms, appear in the morning for a few hours or a maximum of 1-2 days and disappear after the elimination of the causes.
The causes of edema (bags) under the eyes of a child
Causes of edema (bags) under the eyes of a child are not always diseases. It can be:
- Long crying or screaming baby
- Consumption of salty foods and an insufficient amount of water, as well as a large amount of drinking at bedtime
- Sleep in a position where the head is below the body
If the swelling (bags) under the eyes of a child is not associated with diseases, then they will pass themselves after the cause is eliminated.
Also, the causes of edema (bags) under the eyes of a child can be diseases:
- Kidney Diseases
- Diseases accompanied by increased intracranial pressure
- Heart diseases
- Thyroid gland diseases
Causes of edema (bags) under the eyes: conclusions and comments
If you have reason to think that you havesome disease that caused swelling, then first of all you need to treat it by contacting a doctor. However, do not forget about general recommendations. If you are sure that you are absolutely healthy, but the swelling appears again and again, then think about what your actions can cause them. Perhaps in the evenings you drink too much water, or eat too much salty foods during the day. Or maybe indulge in alcohol or sleep a little.
Write in the comments if you suffer from edema (bags) under the eyes, and for what reason do you think they arise?
Do you like the article? Subscribe for updates via RSS or Email!
Click one of the buttons below and tell your friends about this article. Thank you!
I have this problem, but very rarely. I always, for as long as I can remember, have a little pale skin under my eyes - since my childhood I tried to solve this, I know a few recipes. But the best recipe for me is a very deep sleep, go to bed early and cream on the face. Then the skin under the eyes is the most beautiful. For some reason, borscht influences my skin very well - the effect is visible the very next day. A couple of years younger skin becomes at least. I once read an interview, Sienna Miller also noticed this and learned to cook Ukrainian borsch for the sake of it.
As a rule, if I slept badly ...
It was very interesting to read that water should be drunk mostly before lunch ... ..
May 9th, 2013 at 10:50
Interesting about borscht) Perhaps because of the vegetables,which give the necessary vitamins to the body, although in it the vegetables are thermally processed. About water - in the evening water can cause swelling, so it is better to drink the main volume of water before
I often have swelling and not only undereyes, the feeling that the whole body is gradually swelling, but on the face is particularly noticeable. The reason, as it seems to me in the abuse of coffee. Coffee is a strong diuretic and removes salt from the body. It flushes out not only the sodium salt, but all the others. In the cells, there are so-called “potassium-sodium pumps”, which work according to the principle: sodium lets water into the cell, and potassium releases. The abuse of coffee contributes to the waste of these salts, and it is replenished mainly with sodium salt, since we only “fertilize” our food with it. Periodically, I “quit” drinking coffee, drink “potassium + magnesium” complex (potassium is not absorbed without magnesium) and the edema goes away, along with their poor health and intracranial pressure with a headache. I prefer “potassium + magnesium Dopelgertsevskys, since there is a 2 times higher concentration of substances. You can drink Panangin or cheaper Russian-made counterparts.
Who has more will power for me than coffee - do not drink, the effect is only temporary, as a result, the strength from coffee becomes less and less.
So, even knowing the reason, it is sometimes difficult to fight.
July 21st, 2014 at 21:25
interesting about coffee.
I also have swelling and I drink Pts a lot of coffee.
but I also have a terrible PMS.
so I'm not sure that in my case, refusing coffee will help ...
July 22nd, 2014 at 02:42
The PMS may also increase, as the nervous system is disturbed, which, in the case of PMS, is very much at the limit.
July 22nd, 2014 at 02:59
What to do if PMS increases swelling?
And our doctors are “wonderful” - asked for help and…. and no answer no hello. I have been testing for three years now at one or another doctor (((
July 22nd, 2014 at 03:03
What city are you in?
July 22nd, 2014 at 03:06
and before that in Moscow.
the only thing that prescribed is magnesium.
I am 32 and for some reason the doctors thought that I was too young, that everything would be bad, as I say.
And the swelling is such that I literally can not think.
July 22nd, 2014 at 03:10
If you are in Moscow, I can advise one doctor - Irina Leonidovna Vovk (type in a search engine and find her). From personal experience - the only one who heals effectively.
December 23rd, 2014 at 13:03
olga, ia jivu v tbilisi i u menia toje ujasni pms.pod glazami poiavliaiutsia ujasnie ottioki, mne 37.nakonecta nashla xaroshego ginekologa. ona vo mnogom mne pomogla. ot pms naznachila AGNUS KAstur, po odnoi tabletki v den, 3 mesiaca. nedavno nachala pit i uluchshenia uje iest. ona skazala shto po okonshaniu kursa vse simptomi pms. ischeznut. tak, csho mojet poprobuite?
May 17th, 2015 at 2:36 pm
Mne 23 let i u menya toje takaya prablema opuxal podglazami i kak sineki toje.v chom mojet bit prablema ili kak mne izbavica
August 26th, 2014 at 04:49
And maybe the cause of breastfeeding? Maybe hormones matter? A child is 1 year old. and "these days" was not yet. And the swelling is strong, in the morning even above the eyes
August 29th, 2014 at 23:07
From hormones during pregnancy - definitely yes. It is believed that the first 10-15 days at the beginning of feeding is also normal.
Hello Oksana, I also had or alsoSometimes there is a similar problem. Also bypassed dozens of doctors. Finally I found that I have a reduced thyroid function and a very hypersensitivity to histamine. As soon as she went through a strict diet, excluding products containing histamine (cheese, wine, fish, tremors, bread, sauerkraut ... so on ...) she felt much lighter, I looked better, and more important: reduce stress .... I WISH SUCCESS; I hope that somehow I could help
Hello, my husband, after NG in the eveningthere was a bag under the eye. Previously, this was not. What could have caused this? Naturally, on the eve of NG, they had a good dinner and drank it, the bag appeared only under one eye ....
Stop drinking instant coffee! And not only soluble ... After three days, as I stopped drinking this stuff, the situation on my face improved, my complexion became better and the bags slowly began to pass! And a couple more tips to sleep more and quit smoking and drinking alcohol! And if you already comply with all of the above, you still have bags and bruises, then only to the doctor!
Good advice in the article, thanks a lot. The procedure with a gel mask for eyes, a cold compress with such a mask and the eyes are always rested, and without swelling under the eyes, helps me a lot from the swelling under the eyes.