Blepharoplasty swelling bruises
Bruising and swelling after blepharoplasty areabsolutely natural and natural phenomenon. A bruise or bruising is considered the ingress of blood from a damaged vessel into the thickness of the skin. Even such an easy operation as eyelid surgery still means an incision, which means a small amount of soft tissue damage. Any violation of the integrity of the layers of the skin can be accompanied by damage to small blood vessels, which are located in a dense network. The reaction of the body to damage is to draw plasma along with protective (immune) cells in the area of damage. This process, as well as the violation of microcirculation due to damage to small vascular branches, create conditions for the appearance of postoperative swelling.
How quickly to remove bruises and edemas?
In this article we have compiled a list of important tips from plastic surgeons that will help to eliminate such side effects associated with the operation as quickly as swelling and bruising:
- Try to provide for the time of sleep a sublimeposition of the head in the first few days after surgery. This will improve the outflow of blood and lymph from the area of operation, prevent stagnation and accumulation of fluid and reduce eyelid swelling after blepharoplasty;
- Put cold compresses on your eyes in the first 2-3 days. Cold helps the vessels narrow and prevents enlargement of the hematoma and edema;
- Refrain from too frequent blinking, as it contributes to increased swelling;
- To prevent frequent blinking, avoidtypes of activity that cause rapid drying of the eye surface. Such occupations include reading, watching TV, working and playing games on the computer, wearing contact lenses, etc .;
- Wear sunglasses that will protect youreyes and eyelid skin not only from solar ultraviolet, but also from wind and dust. This is necessary, since after blepharoplasty, the eyes and skin of the eyelids are especially vulnerable to the aggressive influence of environmental factors;
- Refrain from those activities that areincrease the flow of blood in the eye area. This includes: pull-up, push-up and other intensive sports training, as well as crying, receiving a hot shower, visiting the sauna and sauna).
- During the rehabilitation period, drink less alcohol and caffeine-containing drinks. They serve as a cause of fluid retention in the tissues and increase blood flow, which means - provoke an increase in edema.
Those who follow these recommendations after blepharoplasty, swelling and bruising should not be frightened.
How many bruises and swelling should disappear?
If the operation is performed correctly and thepatient with adverse concomitant diseases (diabetes mellitus, clotting disorder and sciatica, etc.), bruises and swelling after blepharoplasty are minimal and pass quickly. Swelling usually disappears within the first week. The rate of disappearance of bruises depends on their size and location. To completely eliminate them, you may need 2 to 6 weeks. In this case, makeup tools make it easy to hide bruises at the initial stages after eyelid plasty.
What if my swelling or bruise persists longer?
If the traces after the operation last longer, you can consult a doctor so that he can prescribe additional medicinal and cosmetic products that will facilitate the elimination of the consequences of the operation.
However, it is important to remember that in the first days afterBlepharoplasty swelling may increase slightly (this is a completely physiological process), but then steadily decrease. The same goes for bruises. Blood that gets under the skin during surgery can be slightly redistributed, in the process of coagulation and resorption, the bruise is able to change not only its color, but also to become a bit wider. If this occurs in the first days after plastics, do not be afraid.
Following the above recommendations and all the advice of a doctor, you can effectively speed up the process of disappearing bruises and edema.