Edema after removal of the nerve of the tooth
With complications of caries, enamel damage occurs, which leads to the formation of pulpitis. As a result, a person experiences severe pain. Sometimes the only solution is to remove the nerve.
Modern methods of treatment allow to conduct the procedure under anesthesia for half an hour. Often there are situations when the tooth is very painful after removal of the nerveand canal filling. for example, when biting or clicking on it. Why is this happening, what should be done and when did it come time to sound the alarm?
The procedure of depulpation is as follows: the dentist after the local anesthetic insertion removes the nerve, performs the cleaning of the canals. Upon completion of the work, a seal is installed.
Under anesthesia, the patient does not experience discomfort, but in fact nerve removal procedure can not be painless. Nerve endings are weaved into a single trunk, which is responsible for the sensitivity of the face and jaw.
Therefore, the formation of pulpitis can lead to discomfort in the ear, forehead, and forehead. In depulpation, the nerve is torn from the common trunk, thus causing microtrauma to the tissues.
As there is a serious interference in the human body, unpleasant sensations occur in every second patient. Such consequences are considered natural, so they should not cause concern.
And here we will tell you how the inflammation of the gums in children is treated.
With this condition, the following symptoms are acceptable:
- Hypersensitivity when exposed to external stimuli (food, cold air, sweet drinks).
- Unpleasant feelings when pressing or nibbling.
- Suddenly, pain occurs, especially in the evening or during sleep.
- Discomfort during the jaw closure.
In addition to sensitivity near the treated area, the patient experiences severe headaches, general weakness and deterioration of well-being.
Over time, these feelings should subside. Deterioration of well-being can testify to inflammatory processes that lead to flux, purulent lesion of the gums.
Quite natural question: "How long does the tooth ache after removal of the nerve and sealing?".
If the tooth hurts more than 7 days, and their character becomes more intense and acute, then you need to visit a doctor urgently.
To choose a dentist should be approached responsibly,Since unprofessional dentist actions can lead to serious consequences. In this case, the pain becomes unbearable and continues for a rather long period.
Complications arise for the following reasons:
- Poor channel cleaning. As a result, microbes may remain that develop under the seal and lead to inflammation.
- The nerve tissue was not completely removed. The consequence of this error may be a rise in temperature.
- Under the seal cavities formed. This occurs as a result of incorrect calculations to shrink the material. The consequences are quite dangerous and can lead to an abscess, the destruction of the walls of the tooth, the formation of fistula.
- Output of material for sealing at the tip of the root. Such a mistake can turn into a surgeon's visit. The doctor will perform a simple operation. It lasts for 40 minutes and is aimed at removing the tip of the root of the tooth.
- Non-standard structure. For example, a doctor sees a tooth with threeroot, and there are more channels - four. In this case, the dentist does not notice one of them and does not remove it. As a result, the patient experiences uncomfortable sensations.
Procedures that eliminate poor-quality treatment,unpleasant and painful. For example, the repeated cleaning of the channels is more difficult than the first treatment. Therefore, it should be remembered that professional services can not be cheap.
The lower the cost of depulpation, the lower the qualification of the dentist.
If the procedure was performed poorly,the doctor did not comply with the removal protocol or during the process there was a force majeure (for example, a breakdown of the instrument), then the clinic should conduct a second treatment for free.
In addition to the main factors affecting the pain of the tooth after the removal of the nerve, secrete secondary, which occur much less often.
They can appear as a result of intolerance to the components contained in the filling material. In addition to pain, a person has a rash and itching.
The only solution in this situation is to go to the doctor to remove the installed seal and replace it with a new one. It is better that it was made of hypoallergenic material.
If after removal of the nerve continuesinflammatory process, so you need to carefully examine the oral cavity. Damaged gingival tissue can cause unpleasant symptoms. To reduce swelling and relieve inflammation the doctor may prescribe antibiotics and rinsing with antiseptic drugs .
The first signs of this disease are severe pain when touching and biting, attacks of a neurological nature and numbness. Symptoms can extend not only to the area of removal, but also to adjacent teeth.
The disease develops as a result of damage to the luchnochny nerve. The disease goes through several degrees and at the last stage can lead to serious consequences.
The jaw becomes so painful thatsometimes it is difficult for the patient to talk. Neuralgic seizures may end quickly or last several weeks. To relieve symptoms, it is necessary to strongly rub the jaw or press on it.
Analgesics such as nimesil or nise will help reduce pain.
All of the above reasons require contact withto the doctor. The dentist will prescribe a treatment and find out where the pain came from. It is quite possible that the tooth, located next to the nerve removed, causes trouble. In this case, it is enough to carry out its rehabilitation.
How to prevent unpleasant consequences?
Compliance with these rules will eliminate many of the causes of discomfort after removal of the nerve:
- Follow doctor recommendations.
- Carefully care for the oral cavity to prevent the development of infections.
- To protect the area where depulping was carried out from mechanical effects. For example, when brushing your teeth or eating solid food.
- Within 1-3 days, rinse the mouth cavity with a neutral antiseptic.
If the doctor after the procedure did not take an X-ray, then take it yourself. This is necessary to ensure the usefulness of the seal.
How to get rid of pain?
You can prevent discomfort if you react in time. To do this, proceed to the procedures immediately after depulpation.
After anesthesia, the doctor may prescribe an anesthetic drug, for example, ketans, tempalgin. Also allow the use of analgesic drugs.
On the first day every hour it is recommended to rinse the mouth cavity with a solution of soda with the addition of iodine. During the procedure, you should hold the medicine for a few seconds near the patient's tooth.
To prepare the solution, you need in 1 glass of warm water to dissolve a teaspoon of soda or salt. Then add 4 drops of iodine to the resulting liquid. Also suitable for rinsing any antiseptics.
Receiving painkillers immediately after removal of the nerve greatly facilitates the patient's condition.
There are many ways to deal with toothache that has arisen after nerve removal. The most effective include:
- Propolis.For the onset of a positive result, you must wait until the anesthesia has passed, and attach it to the damaged area.
- Strong Spirits. For the rinsing procedure of the mouth is necessary brandy or vodka. The drink should be briefly held in the mouth, and then spit.
- Sunflower oil. Also used as a rinse. Spit it out only after it turns white.
- Fat. To reduce pain, you can use a piece of fat, which is applied to the gums.
- Ice. Acupressure exposure to cold will help reduce some discomfort. To do this, use a piece of ice, which is placed in the hole between the thumb and index finger, then massaged this area.
These funds can only relieve painful symptoms for a while. The correct course of treatment is determined only by a dentist.. who often resorts to the appointment of antibiotics. If you began to take them, then even with a significant relief of the state, the therapeutic course must be completed.
Incomplete treatment reduces the patient's immunity and is addictive to the antibiotic .
We will tell you why the tongue can be coated with white bloom.
When do I need to see a doctor urgently?
After depulping, you need to monitor yourcondition. The main determining factor is the day after the procedure and the intensity of the pain. If they do not pass on their own, then this is the first sign of inflammation.
It is necessary to take urgent measures when detecting such symptoms:
- Severe swelling of soft tissue or gums.
- Discomfort when swallowing or severe sore throat.
- Purulent discharge.
- Bad breath, not only in the morning.
Since the area where the tooth was removed is vulnerable enough, should not resort to self-treatment. This is a direct path to the formation of phlegmon, bone inflammation and the occurrence of flux.
Today’s treatment methods save a toothwhich hurts after nerve removal. The doctor performs decompression, cleans the canals and sets the seal again. Late treatment will lead to the formation of cysts or granulomas. At this stage, saving the tooth is no longer possible; the only way out is to remove it.
Any pain is a signal from our body thatthat he needs help. In the case of nerve removal, tooth pain is a natural condition. But for severe symptoms, the patient should immediately contact a dentist. This will help save the tooth and prevent dangerous diseases.
In the next video we will find out what complications may arise after tooth treatment:
Like this article? keep for updates
2 Comments Write a Comment
January 12, 2015 at 23:35
I, like many, are afraid of panicDentists, I appeal to them only as a last resort and in one of such cases the doctor told me that the best option in my case would be to remove a nerve. I categorically refused, because. I remember how my mother suffered after such a procedure, and for quite a long time. However, I still had to remove the nerve, and I also suffered enough until I accidentally stumbled upon this article, decided to use the methods recommended here, because it seemed that it could not be worse, and, indeed, after a while, slowly the pain began to pass.
March 26, 2015 at 9:22 pm
From my own experience I define professionalisma dentist by the way he checks the quality of his own work. In this case, after removal of the nerve and filling the canal, an experienced doctor will necessarily perform an x-ray of the cured tooth. In the picture you can understand how tightly the channel is sealed, if there are any voids and other defects.
Visual inspection will help avoid the serious and painful consequences that are described in this article.
I can add that you can relieve toothache by applying crushed garlic through a layer of gauze to the wrist, on the opposite side where the tooth hurts.
January 31, 2016 at 9:28 pm
Tell me, please, what to drink if the inflammatory process has begun after the removal of the tooth. I cannot drink antibiotic because I am breastfeeding. thank