Edema with a bite of a wasp
Summer is always pleasing with a lot of fruits and flowers,sunny days and summer holidays. Vacationing at sea or hiking in the mountains can easily spoil the bite of a wasp. The bite itself is very painful, but not dangerous. The real danger is the bite of a wasp only for allergy sufferers. If after it you have shortness of breath, nausea, shortness of breath or dizziness, take an antihistamine immediately and go to the doctor.
How to treat a wasp sting?
Most often we get a bite on nature. Gathering a beautiful bouquet of flowers or not seeing sous on fruit, we can accidentally touch the insect and anger him. In fact, wasps are not such aggressive insects, as we imagine them in our minds. If you see beside a wasp or a bee, never swing your arms or newspaper, this is how you provoke an insect. It's better just to step aside. If such a nuisance has occurred, your first actions with a wasp sting should be as follows:
- The bite site needs to be processed. In the hike you can use ordinary salt. Dilute a teaspoon into a glass of water. You can treat the wound with iodine, a solution of potassium permanganate or ammonia.
- You can remove the swelling from the bite of a wasp with a cold compress.
- When you provide first aid with a wasp sting, never squeeze the sting. This will only accelerate the absorption of poison into the body.
- The injured person should be laid or planted in a comfortable position. Suggest sweet water or alcohol. You can drink hot tea.
Folk remedies for a wasp sting
If this trouble happened in the campaign or outside the city, and there is simply no medical medication at hand, folk remedies will help to bite the wasp:
- Burning and pain from biting can be soothedplantain. Thoroughly mash the leaf of this plant so that it starts to juice. Attach to the stung place. Such a compress will help to remove swelling from a bite of wasps and other insects.
- Remove the swelling from the bite of a wasp can be done with a fresh sheet of dandelion. It should be kneaded and applied to the place of bite.
- Use the raw onion. Cut it in half and attach it to the bite. You can squeeze onion juice and moisten them with a cotton disc. Attach the disc to the wound and fix it with a plaster.
- In a hike or a trip to nature, take with you the essential oil of tea tree. This oil has a very strong antiseptic property. They can handle the bites of all insects.
Medical assistance with a bite of a wasp
The wasp venom is not very dangerous in itself, butimportant is the place of the bite. If the poison enters the thoracic region, the head or stomach, the consequences will be more severe than with a bite in the arm or leg. One of the most dangerous are bites with the area of the mouth or eyes. This can lead to swelling of the respiratory tract, shortness of breath and even death. It is extremely important for allergy sufferers to carry an antihistamine with them throughout the summer. When biting the wasp, it should be taken until the edema subsides. If after taking the drug the victim does not become easier, urgent hospitalization is needed. A competent and timely first aid with a bite of a wasp can save a life allergic.
Here is a list of cases when, after the provision of medical care, you urgently need to take the victim to the hospital:
- you see signs of allergies: swelling of the mouth or throat, shortness of breath, difficulty speaking, rashes on the skin, fainting or confusion
- the victim is a child or a person of advanced age;
- on the body at once 10-20 bites;
- a bite in the area of the eye or mouth, throat or mouth;
- there were signs of infection: fever, an abscess appeared on the site of the bite, the pain did not pass and intensified.