Edema after removal of the uterus
Pain and their causes in alphabetical order:
pain after removal of the uterus
Hysterectomy Is an operational intervention aimed atremoval of the uterus, often along with its appendages (that is, the fallopian tubes and ovaries). This operation is one of the most frequent operations in women. The main indications for her are uterine cancer and endometriosis. Often this operation is the last chance of a woman with these diseases.
When is hysterectomy indicated?
The operation of removal of the uterus can be indicated in the following diseases:
1. Cancer of the uterus or its cervix - with these diseases hysterectomy is the most acceptable treatment option. Depending on the stage of development of cancer and its prevalence, hysterectomy can be combined with chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
2. Fibromyoma of the uterus is a benign uterine tumor that is manifested by bleeding, the development of anemia, pelvic pain and pressure on the bladder. The removal of the uterus in this pathology is the only method that radically solves this problem. However, hysterectomy is, as already said, a radical method of treating fibroids, as there are also non-operative methods of treatment, and some types of uterine fibroids do not require treatment at all.
3. Endometriosis is a condition characterized by the fact that the tissue of the inner shell of the uterus begins to develop in the body of the woman, but in other places: ovaries, fallopian tubes, abdominal cavity organs, etc. when drug treatment and usual surgical intervention does not bring the desired result, the only chance for recovery is removal of the uterus.
4. Persistent vaginal bleeding - if you have prolonged and profuse vaginal bleeding that do not respond to other non-operative methods of treatment, a hysterectomy can give a positive result.
5. Chronic pelvic pain - sometimes surgery - is the last chance for women with chronic pelvic pain that comes from the uterus. However, many forms of chronic pelvic pain are not cured after removal of the uterus, and such an operation can become a dramatic mistake.
At what diseases there is a pain after removal of a uterus:
Hysterectomy leads to the fact that you are already morenever become pregnant. Therefore, if you wish to have children in the future - you should consult a doctor about alternative methods of treatment. In the case of uterine cancer, hysterectomy is the only way to treat it, but in the case of endometriosis, fibroids and some other diseases, you can try to find other ways.
Complications after removal of the uterus include:
- Difficulties with urination. They are most common after removal of lymph nodes, ovaries and tissues supporting the uterus (after radical hysterectomy).
- Weakness of pelvic ligaments and muscles supportingvagina, bladder and rectum. Exercises Kegel help to make strong pelvic ligaments and muscles. However, some women need other methods of treatment, including an additional operation.
- Continuing profuse bleeding. Vaginal bleeding after hysterectomy may last 4-6 weeks. Tell your doctor if the bleeding becomes more plentiful.
- Some women may experience early menopause.
- The formation of scar tissue (adhesions) in the pelvic region, which leads to pain after removal of the uterus.
After removing the uterus, call the doctor if:
- You have bright red vaginal discharge that require one or more gaskets to be replaced within an hour, or large clots leave.
- You have vaginal discharge with an unpleasant odor.
- You feel sick or you can not hold the liquid.
You have such signs of infection after removal of the uterus:
- Increasing pain after removal of the uterus.
- Red veins coming from the incision.
- Pus flowing from the incision.
- Inflamed lymph nodes in the neck, armpit or groin.
- You have pain that does not decrease after taking painkillers.
- At you inhalings or your seams have dispersed.
- You have such signs of blood clots:
- Pain in the lower leg, under the knee, in the thigh or in the groin.
- Redness and swelling in the leg or in the groin.
- You have trouble urinating or stooling, especially if you have pain or swelling in the lower abdomen.
- You are experiencing hot flushes, sweating, redness of the face or palpitations.
Your doctor will give you special instructions after a hysterectomy. Be sure to follow them. Usually rest and performance of instructions help in time to reduce postoperative problems.
To what doctors to address, if there is pain after removal of the uterus:
Are you experiencing pain after removing the uterus? Do you want to know more detailed information or do you need an inspection? You can make an appointment with a doctor Eurolab always at your service! The best doctors will examine you, examine the external signs and help you identify the disease by symptoms, consult you and provide the necessary help. you also can call a doctor at home. Clinic Eurolab is open to you around the clock.
How to contact the clinic:
Our clinic in Kiev: (+38 044) 206-20-00 (multichannel). The secretary of the clinic will pick you up a convenient day and an hour of visit to the doctor. Our location and directions are listed here. Look in more detail about all the services of the clinic on her personal page.
If you have previously completed any research, be sure to take their results to a doctor's office. If studies have not been performed, we will do everything necessary in our clinic or with our colleagues in other clinics.
Do you have a pain after removal of the uterus? It is necessary to carefully approach the state of your health in general. People pay insufficient attention symptoms of diseases and do not realize that these diseases can belife-threatening. There are many diseases that initially do not manifest themselves in our body, but in the end it turns out that, unfortunately, they are already being treated too late. Each disease has its own specific signs, characteristic external manifestations - the so-called symptoms of the disease. The definition of symptoms is the first step in the diagnosis of diseases in general. For this, it is simply necessary several times a year undergo medical examination. not only to prevent a terrible disease, but also to maintain a healthy mind in the body and the body as a whole.
If you want to ask a doctor a question - use the online consultation section. Perhaps you will find there answers to your questions and read tips for caring for yourself. If you are interested in reviews about clinics and doctors - try to find the information you need on the forum. Also register on the medical portal Eurolab. to be constantly up to date with the latest news and updates on the site, which will be automatically sent to you on the mail.
Other types of pain with the letter "p":
The symptom map is intended solely foreducational purposes. Do not self-medicate; on all matters relating to the definition of the disease and the way it is treated, contact your doctor. EUROLAB is not responsible for the consequences caused by the use of information posted on the portal.
If you are interested in any other symptoms of illness or types of pain, or if you have any other questions and suggestions - write to us. we will definitely try to help you.