The wisdom tooth swelling was removed
Rudiments of the teeth are formed during the periodfetal development of the fetus, and the last, the wisdom tooth, completes its development and erupts at the age of 17-25. The "Eight" for someone can become a real torture, because many resort to a surgical procedure called removal of the wisdom tooth on the lower jaw.
What are the peculiarities of the structure of the eighth tooth and how to carry out the removal without pain? We will analyze in stages.
The structure of the eighth tooth. Retraction
The wisdom tooth, or as it is called the eight, is an ordinary tooth, identical in structure to all the others. But there are some differences, which consist in a kind of function and atypical form of the root:
- the wisdom tooth does not take on any functions of the dentoalveolar system. Its masticatory load is zero;
- he is deprived of one supporting tooth from the distal side, which can lead to improper eruption;
- also the figure-eight has no predecessor - the milk tooth, which prepares the conditions for physiological eruption;
- the roots of the eighth tooth can have a different number - from one, when there is a splice of several, up to five, -accurately determine the amount is impossible;
- Another feature is that the roots are very curved, and therefore the treatment of wisdom teeth is a difficult procedure.
And got its name of the wisdom tooth thanksa beautiful age, during which time it erupts, - 18-25 years. When all 28 teeth have already taken their place in the dentition, eight may simply not have enough space, and this pathology is referred to as retention. As a result - a complex extraction of wisdom tooth. Especially painful and with complications the process takes place in people after 30 years.
Incorrectly incised tooth creates a numberinconveniences. Such as constant pulsating pain, aggravated by chewing and talking, a feeling of discomfort in the oral cavity. In addition, retraction can cause displacement of the dentition in the frontal area, crowding of teeth, papillitis and periodontitis.
Features of removing the eighth tooth. Removing the wisdom tooth on the lower jaw
The timing and side of the eruption is individual for everyone, but dentists recommend removing the eighth tooth, even when it's healthy, in order to avoid complications.
Removal of the wisdom tooth on the lower jaw hastheir own characteristics. The dentist-surgeon performs the operation with the help of special dental forceps for the teeth on the lower jaw - with unclosed cheeks. Under anesthesia, the dentist makes an incision of the mucous membrane of the gum and drills a hole in the bone tissue. If necessary, the tooth crown is cut into several parts with boron or a special disk. A medicine is placed in the alveolar hole and it is sutured.
This procedure is the safest - minimizes the risk of injuring adjacent teeth, bone and mucous membranes.
The duration of the operation is from 30 to 50 minutes. When there are indications for the removal of several wisdom teeth, the operation is carried out at intervals of 3 weeks. Treatment of other teeth, professional cleaning and other dental procedures can be carried out 2-4 weeks after the removal of the figure-eight.
Physiologically, eight on the lower jaw canhave more roots than on the top. Their removal is quick and painless. The simplicity of the procedure is still related to the fact that the bone of the lower jaw is denser, and complications in the form of a fracture are less frequent.
Removal of the lower wisdom tooth should be followed by subsequent procedures:
- Physiotherapeutic methods: Fluctorization;
- washing the mouth with antiseptics;
- applications of natural herbs: oak bark, aloe;
- irrigation of the mouth with various antiseptic drugs (furatsilinom, "Geksoralom") and decoctions of herbs that have anti-inflammatory properties (sage, St. John's wort, chamomile, oak bark);
- with significant pain - analgesics (the drug "Nimulide" 1 tablet).
Absolute indications for removal of the eighth tooth
There are absolute and relative indications forextraction of the eighth tooth. In what cases is it necessary to remove the wisdom tooth? Tumor, destruction of bone tissue, sepsis - one of the few absolute indications. The list can be supplemented by such processes in the oral cavity:
- osteomyelitis of the jaw - in this disease, the extraction of the tooth promotes the purification of the focus and the cessation of the inflammatory process;
- destruction of the crown part of the tooth: therapy becomes useless, when the coronal part is lost to the level of bone tissue, the removal thus facilitates the patient's condition and does no harm;
- acute periodontitis - if the cause of periodontitis is the wisdom tooth, its removal is inevitable for complete recovery.
Relative indications for removal of the eighth tooth
These were absolute contraindications. And now let's list the relative ones:
- Retraction (impossibility of normal eruption);
- odontogenic sinusitis;
- prosthetics of teeth;
- softening of the root of the tooth;
- fracture of the root and part of the tooth crown;
- an anomaly of occlusion;
- violation of root bifurcation.
In what other cases should I go to the dentist to avoid complications?
- The tooth of wisdom, which begins to erupt,traumatizes the mucous membrane of the cheeks. Constant irritation leads to the appearance of erosion, and then ulcers. When the organism is predisposed to oncological diseases, the process can develop into a malignant tumor of the mucous membrane of the cheeks. To avoid this, you should go to a specialist and remove the tooth. If the process is started and a tumor has appeared, you should consult an oncologist. A dentist who detects a tumor is also bound to send you to a specialist.
- Inflamed wisdom tooth becomes a hotbedpathological infectious processes. Pathogenic microorganisms can enter the blood, lymph and spread throughout the body, causing sepsis - the infection of blood. This is a very difficult condition, which can end fatal.
- Purulent inflammation can cause infectionorganism - its intoxication. The person weakens, apathy and constant fatigue appear, mental activity decreases, memory worsens. Such patients can not always be diagnosed correctly due to the fact that the tooth in the chronic stage of inflammation does not disturb and does not cause suspicion.
Recovery after removal of the eighth tooth
Despite modern technologies, whichactively uses the branch of medicine - dentistry, the period of recovery after surgery is different for everyone. The most terrible thing that your wisdom tooth waited for - removal. The photo below can prove that there is nothing to be afraid of those who decided to get rid of the discomfort created by the figure-eight.
The experience of doctors and high-quality analgesics successfully solve the problems associated with the pathology of the dentition.
After retraction of the wisdom tooth, you can use several useful recommendations of specialists:
- If within a day (or 1-2 days) after removalwisdom tooth swelling does not pass, then you can use a tea bag. Apply it to the alveolar hole and keep it until it dries. Tannins, which are contained in tea, contribute to blood clotting, and caffeine improves blood circulation. Because there is a rapid healing of the wound.
- To reduce irritation and accelerateregeneration, you can rinse your mouth with brine. To do this, dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt in a glass of water and rinse the mouth several times a day.
- In cases where, after removal, aching aching pain, you need to apply ice to the cheek. This prevents swelling and soothes pain by narrowing the vessels.
- During sleep, the head should be raised - this also reduces the likelihood of edema.
- The gums after the removal of the wisdom tooth should not be exposed to extreme temperatures and solid food.
- In the evening, the pain intensifies, so near the bed, put everything you need: gauze, cotton, painkillers.
- Some time after the operation do not usetubules for drinking. The vacuum that they create slows the restorative processes of the soft tissues around the alveolar socket of the removed tooth. Such a harmful effect also has cigarettes and alcohol - exclude them for the recovery period.
Carrying out a complex operation to remove the eighth tooth
What is the difficult extraction of wisdom tooth, and how does this operation differ from the usual procedure?
Complex extraction of wisdom tooth impliesuse of drills, stitching of wounds and carrying out of cuts. Most often, this procedure involves retinasized wisdom teeth or teeth with a horizontal arrangement, as on this radiograph.
The bone has to be cut to remove the tooth andits root. The procedure is performed under anesthesia. Such operations are carried out only in the conditions of a surgical room with observance of absolute purity and all rules of antiseptics.
Repeated reception is performed 2-3 days after the operation. The patient is given absorbable sutures, which are removed after the full coalescence of the edges of the wound.
- An incision and detachment from the bone of the soft tissues of the attached gingiva.
- Sawing of the bone lying over the tooth to be removed.
- Extraction from the alveolar socket.
- Stapling the wound.
After the procedure, the dentist applies a gauze sterile swab with a hemostatic agent (heparin) to the hole. The tampon spits out after 15 minutes to prevent bacteria from multiplying.
It is not recommended after the procedure to smoke, drinkhot, engage in heavy physical labor. If the fever is disturbed after the removal of the wisdom tooth, the doctor prescribes antipyretic drugs and a second examination with a dentist.
What is dangerous is the removal of the wisdom tooth on the lower jaw? The consequences of surgery may be invisible to someone, and for someone to turn into pain and constant campaigns to the doctor.
- One of the first complaints after the removal isbleeding from the socket. This is normal, since small capillaries and blood vessels are torn during the operation. After a few hours, this complication goes away, and if not, then a gauze tampon should be applied to the socket.
- Infiltration causes suppuration of the well. This happens for several reasons: non-compliance with individual hygiene, a fragment of the tooth, which often occurs after a complex operation to remove the eighth tooth.
- The hole after the removal of the wisdom tooth shouldcontain a blood clot that takes part in healing the wound. The dissolution of the clot leads to pain, an unpleasant aftertaste arises in the mouth, gingival inflammation and alveolitis may begin.
- A common consequence of the extraction of the eighththe tooth is swelling. The patient complains of flux, a slight swelling. This is due to the destruction of the tissues around the tooth. The sensation is unpleasant, but if the tumor is small, it will go off on its own in a few days. To remove the swelling use ice - apply to the cheek for no more than 10 minutes. If the swelling does not go away, then they resort to treatment with heat. Warm the heating pad for about 20 minutes and take a break of 10 minutes. Rarely, but still it happens that the edema is caused by an allergy to pain medications. In this case, take antiallergic drugs - histamines.
- The next complication is paresthesia. Under paresthesia is understood as numbness of the tongue, part of the chin, upper and lower lips. Gums after the removal of the wisdom tooth may lose sensitivity. This occurs when the operation is performed near the facial nerve. Extremely unpleasant complication, but it passes several days or weeks after removal. With serious damage to the facial nerve, paresthesia can go into a chronic form.
- Alveolitis is caused by the presence of a hotbed of chronicinflammatory process in the soft tissues around the causative tooth. This may be periodontitis or the presence of a dry hole after surgery. Characterized by severe pain, unpleasant odor from the mouth, the hole is covered with plaque. Can be complicated by phlegmon or abscess. This is a rather serious complication that requires in-patient treatment
Removing the wisdom tooth on the lower jaw canto get rid of many troubles. Despite the complications that can provoke surgery or medications, it is better to resort to a surgical method and get rid of the pain and painful consequences for the rest, more useful and functional teeth.
Painless removal of wisdom teeth - anesthesia andlocal anesthesia. In modern practice, anesthesia is used for anesthetizing before dental extraction. And only in rare cases do the procedure under general anesthesia for children. Only because children are more prone to fear of dental instruments and do not allow the normal extraction of the tooth from the hole.
Before the operation to remove the eighth tooth onthe lower jaw, local anesthesia anesthetize the surrounding tissues with the help of injection. For this use drugs: Novocain, Dicaine, Trimekain, Lidocaine. Also, local anesthesia is used if the hole hurts after the removal of the wisdom tooth.
In the case when the patient is very nervous before the procedure, calming agents are used: nitrous oxide, oral sedatives and intravenous soothing.
The most effective are intravenoussoothing, they have a long and profound effect. But before use it is necessary to consult a specialist and find out if there is an allergy to a particular drug and its components.
Contraindications to the removal of wisdom tooth
Contraindications to the removal of the eighth tooth on the lower jaw is not so much. But there are nuances that you should pay attention to before the procedure.
Dentists and therapists do not recommend a tooth extraction in such cases:
- Operation of the heart or myocardial infarction has recently been postponed;
- acute infectious diseases (SARS, influenza, herpes);
- chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- problems with the digestive tract;
- high pressure;
- three days before the month and during;
- period of pregnancy.
These contraindications are not absolute, and under the supervision of a physician, an eighth tooth extraction procedure can be performed on the lower jaw.
The majority successfully and without complications passesremoval of the wisdom tooth on the lower jaw. The reviews show that the condition after the operation improves rapidly, pain gradually passes, discomfort in the oral cavity disappears. Timely extraction of wisdom tooth prevents complex consequences of retention for the oral cavity and the whole body.