Injury to the foot swelling
Stretching of the ligaments of the foot is damage,It occurs when the ligamentous apparatus of the joint is loaded, which exceeds the elasticity of the tissue, i.e. there is an excess of its strength. If the load is heavier, a more serious injury may occur - a rupture of the ligament of the foot. From the article you will learn how to treat the sprain of the foot, the same symptoms of this injury.
Despite the high strength, sprainfoot - a very common injury, which can be accompanied by damage to both one and several ligaments at the same time. The most common causes of sprains are: severe mechanical effects on ligaments, severe unnatural joint movements, for example, during sports, when sprain you can get more often.
Stretch of the ligament foot symptoms
The main symptom of stretching (or rupture) of ligamentsAcute pain. This is due to the fact that there are a large number of nerve endings and vessels in the ligaments. There may be swelling both immediately after the injury, and after a certain time. When you click on the damaged area, as well as walking and standing, the pain intensifies.
Stretch of the ligament of the foot symptoms also has a degree of severity. They are divided into 3 types:
1. Stretches of the first degree of gravity assumethe easiest damage (tearing several fibers of the ligaments, trauma of a small portion of the foot). Slight soreness, mainly has a trailing character. Swelling small or completely absent. Special treatment does not require, but rest of the injured limb is necessary, and in the future - gentle regimen, since once damaged ligaments become more sensitive to various injuries.
2. Stretch of the second degree of severity - this is alreadymore serious injuries. The pain is more sensitive, acute. With any motor activity, a change in position - is inevitably intensified. There is a moderate (in rare cases, a strong) edema, and it is possible and a hematoma. There may be bruises - subcutaneous hemorrhage. Injuries of this severity require treatment and complete rest for several days.
3. The heaviest third degree involves a very strong stretching or ligament rupture. The pain is strong, sharp, not stopping. To step on the damaged limb is not possible or very difficult. The instability of the joint is observed. The strongest edema, a hematoma. A rupture of the ligament of the foot is required immediately. To put the correct diagnosis and appoint an exact treatment can only the doctor. Before the arrival of medical assistance, it is necessary to provide first aid to the victim: to prevent severe edema and for partial anesthesia, it is necessary to apply something cold (ideally, of course, ice). A damaged foot should be fixed in a stationary state, while not violating the circulation in the leg. When hemorrhages (bruises), it is necessary to give the injured limb an elevated position. These recommendations are relevant for injuries not only of the third degree of severity, but also for the first two. We also recommend reading the article - ligament rupture .
If you have a ruptured foot, watch this video:
How to treat sprains?
Sprains of the first degree of severity, usually notrequire the intervention of a physician. Enough to ensure the peace of the damaged surface. If there is a slight pain, then it is possible to use painkillers ointments or gels. But before using them, it is necessary, at a minimum, to consult a pharmacist, and preferably a doctor. Severe pain or pain that does not change its character 3 or more days, swelling, redness, numbness, chills, fever, a situation when it is necessary to see a doctor.
Stretch of the ligament foot treatment of folk medicine involves the use of compresses of raw potatoes, a combination of onions and sugar, raw foliage elderberry, etc.
Stretchings and tears of the second and third degree of severity require treatment and control of the doctor.
For a start, only a doctor can delivercorrect diagnosis, establish the size of the lesion, exclude concomitant injuries. Usually treatment of stretches and ruptures includes: physiotherapy, rehabilitation, administration of anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs, as well as antiviral drugs. The duration of treatment and rehabilitation depends on the severity of the injury.
To prevent the occurrence of sprains and ruptures of the ligaments of the foot, it is recommended:
• If there is a feeling of fatigue, stop exercising and exclude (as much as possible) physical activity.
• Perform regular exercises to strengthen the muscles of the foot.
• Do any physical exercises in accordance with the correct technique for their implementation.
• Caution in any active games
• If possible, avoid long and frequent wearing of shoes with high heels.