How is edema formed
Light swelling at the end of the day in young women,people who have to work standing up (sellers, hairdressers, etc.). "There's no need to worry." When we stand for a long time, the pressure in the capillaries of the feet rises. This explains the easy swelling at the end of the day for quite healthy people. Relax on the couch with raised legs and cream-gel on a plant basis, relieve tired legs.
Swelling in women is accompanied by drowsiness, badmood, malaise, headache, increased appetite. There is a temporary dependence - once a month. - Premenstrual syndrome is to blame. In many cases, it is accompanied by puffiness: the ankles swell, the eyelids swell and the face becomes puffy. Swollen gums, joints. After "critical days" these phenomena pass.
Asymmetric swelling of the legs. They mostly suffer from women. There is a clear boundary between the edematous and normal part. Even if another leg swells, asymmetry is evident. -
Most likely, you have problems with veins - thrombophlebitis, varicose veins. It is necessary to check the vessels of the legs. The second option is inflammation or a birth defect of lymphatic vessels.
Sharply arisen edema, redness, pain after an insect bite, after you have tasted unusual food or sniffed a flower, and also reaction to taking medications. -
A marked allergic reaction is Quincke's edema. It is accompanied by itching, stress, increased temperature, usually it passes after a while. Danger presents edema on the face, mucous membranes of the mouth, pharynx - there may be a fit of suffocation. Urgently need antihistamines and other anti-allergic treatment.
Edema - at first on legs, fairly tight -occur gradually, unnoticed, are often accompanied by an increase in the liver, mostly appear in the evening. - Most likely, shameless "motor" - this is the signal of heart failure. Edema on the legs, in the lumbar region, enlargement of the liver - all these are signs of stagnation in a large circle of blood circulation.
Swelling rapidly builds up, swells the entire body, the processbegins with the face and eyelids, swelling soft, watery, mobile, often appear in the morning. - Typical renal edema. Without them, there is an acute exacerbation of urolithiasis, pyelonephritis and other inflammations, diabetic kidney damage, etc.
Develop against the background of diet, digestive disorders,long-term pain in the epigastric region, after surgery on the intestine. A decrease in protein is often observed in the blood. - Normally, proteins perform an important function - they do not allow edema to develop, delaying water. When they decrease in the body, edema begins. When fasting or an incorrect diet decreases the intake of protein from food, in diseases of the intestine - the absorption of proteins into the blood.
Edema on the hands and feet, the skin over the swelling is rough,dense, in contrast, for example, from cardiac edema. The depression is not formed when pressed. General state of health is not important - drowsiness, lethargy, low temperature, a rare heart rhythm, violations in the genital area. - Probably, this miksedema - a condition at the expressed infringement of function of a thyroid gland - a hypothyrosis. Sometimes it occurs after the removal of a part of the thyroid gland.
1. An excellent diuretic is an infusion prepared according to the following recipe. 50 g fresh birch leaves are poured 500 ml boiling water, insist in a warm place for 5-6 hours and filter. Take 150 ml 3 times a day.
2. When swelling is recommended to drink tea from birch leaves. 2 teaspoons (top) of birch leaves are poured 250 ml of boiling water and insist 10 minutes, warmly wrapped. Tea should be drunk warm, drinking up to 3 glasses a day. After the disappearance of swelling, tea can be stopped.
3. With edemas of hands and feet, peeled beets and potatoes are grated, put gruel to edematous places, wrap with cellophane and tightly wrap the "compress" with a cotton cloth or a terry towel. Keep at least 20 minutes.
4. 1 tablespoon dried and chopped beans flaps pour 400 ml of boiling water, insist for 1 hour on hot, drain. Take hot infusion 1/2 cup 3-4 times a day, regardless of food intake for rheumatism and as a diuretic for kidney edema.
5. Throughout the summer, you can prepare a field horsetail, but now it is the most favorable time: in early July, horsetail, as they say, reached the standard in size and juiciness. Folk hospitals recommend brewing shredded horsetail with boiling water and drinking as tea (daily dose - 1 glass). At the same lean advise to take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dry grass on a glass of boiling water, and those whose weight exceeds 70 kg - 2 tbsp. spoons for 300 g of boiling water. Such gulls are useful both for prevention and for the treatment of diseases of the kidneys, bladder, kidney stone disease, pulmonary tuberculosis, edema of various etiologies. When hypertension horsetail is recommended to take in a mixture with hawthorn.
6. Type fresh birch leaves at the end of May or early June and dry them so as to preserve the green color and aroma. Pour the leaves into the tub so much that the patient did not have to lie rigidly, undress the patient naked, put him in a bath and fill his body so that it was easy for him to breathe. In this position, the patient should remain until he begins to feel numbness in the whole body, after which he can leave the bath. The procedure is accompanied by a profuse sweating. If some parts of the body (legs, abdomen) are exposed to dropsy, then only these parts of the body are covered with birch leaves. When dropsy of cardiac origin, the patient should consult a doctor before taking a dry birch bath. This procedure is very effective also for rheumatic pains, pains in the joints and radiculitis.
7. Seven ways to prevent swelling
1. Try to reduce the intake of liquid for a couple of hours before going to bed to several sips.
2. Eliminate salty foods.
3. Discard the feather pillows. It is possible that you are allergic to feather or fluff.
4. Start the day with a rinse with cold water. A more radical way is ice cubes. Easily and gently rubbing their face, you will practice the skin and improve blood circulation.
5. Slap the fingers of your fingers through the eyelids. So you can increase the outflow of fluid from the tissues around the eyes.
6. Make a lotion or, if time permits, a mask (see below).
7. Take an easy diuretic. Now the pharmacies have enough special fees. If you prefer tablets, then first consult with your doctor.
How to get rid of edema
Raw potatoes grate, lightly squeeze, put on a gauze napkin and put on face for 10 minutes. Or with a cotton swab dipped in potato juice, make a lotion under the eyes.
Two tablespoons of finely chopped pumpkin ina small amount of water to bring on a low heat until a homogeneous consistency. Add 1/2 teaspoon of honey, mix well. The resulting mass is put on gauze and put on face for 5 - 7 minutes.
Lotion of rose and dog rose
Dry the petals of plants, fill them withsmall bags of gauze. When there is a need for a compress, lower the two bags into the hot water for one or two minutes, and then - slightly cooled - into the eyes. Rose petals or rose hips can be replaced with dill grass or parsley leaves.
Warm bags are applied to the eyes for 15 minutes. Compresses from welding work not only on "bags", but also soothe the eyes. Contained in tea, tannin spreads the skin and reduces puffiness under the eyes.
Mix 1 teaspoon of Adonis grassspring and motherwort, valerian root and calendula flowers. Add on 1 dessert spoon of stigmas corn and St. John's wort. Mix everything and let it brew 1 liter of boiling water.
Take 1/2 cup with honey 4 - 5 times a day.
Wash and finely chop 800 grams of parsley. Put in a saucepan, pour a liter of fresh unpasteurized milk and put on a slow fire. It is necessary to give the milk to boil until half of the original quantity remains. Strain and take 1 dessert spoonful of broth every 2 hours. The remedy helps when an ordinary diuretic has little effect.
Microinjections are used that have a lymphodrene action.
Circular massage alternates with deep pressure that activates the lymph and frees the body of liquid and toxins.
The top layer of the epidermis is "worn out", which increases blood circulation and lymph flow, and as a consequence - the outflow of excess fluid.
- To minimize signs of swelling of the upper eyelids, apply dark shadows on them, - advises Irina Shvets, - from the eyebrows to the fold of the eyelid. Further to the border with eyelashes - shadows of a lighter color.
The lower part of the century, tint the shades of very light colors. And on the border of the eyelashes, draw a strip of darker shadows.
What tests should I take if you develop swelling
General and biochemical blood tests. They will show the amount of protein, glucose level, etc.
The analysis of urine - on the presence of protein, sugar, erythrocytes, leukocytes.
ECG and ECHO to find out if there is heart failure.
Dopplerographic examination of blood vessels - check veins for blood clots and inflammation.
Edema is an excessive accumulation of fluid in the tissues. It is believed that they appear externally, when the fluid retention in the body is more than 5 liters.
In the cores, swelling initially appears on the legs and in the lumbar region. When problems with the kidneys swell first of all eyelids, face and hands.
At the beginning of the disease, edema may not be visible to the naked eye. Search for them on the inner side of the leg, at the protruding bone, and on the shin - in front of the bone.
Often, edema occurs in quite healthy people with improperly selected diets, starvation.