Knee swelling aches
With a complaint "aching knees "doctors are treated quite often, because CAUSES OF PAIN IN THE KNEES a great many:
• Ligament rupture (full or partial) - usually the result of a fall or injury
• Inflammation of the tendon (tendinitis)
• Damage to the meniscus (meniscopathy) - the most common knee injury
• Blockade of the knee joint - sudden restrictions of movements in the joint (the inability to fully unbend the knee). It is accompanied by pain and sensation of infringement of an extraneous body in a joint.
• Chronic subluxation of patella (displacement of the patella)
• Bursitis - inflammation of the periarticular bag (bursa), inwhich contains the fluid washing the joint. Common symptoms of bursitis: redness, swelling, tenderness when touching. Inflammation of the synovial bag can disrupt the function of the limb.
• Synovitis - an inflammation of the inner shell of the joint, leading to the accumulation of excessive fluid in the joint cavity.
• Hoff's disease - chronic inflammation of fatty tissue inthe area of the pterygoid folds of the knee joint - is a common and difficult pathology of the knee joint. Complaints are reduced to infringements inside a joint, accompanied by a pain.
• Osgood-Schlatter disease (osteochondropathy of tibial tuberositybones). Often occurs after increased physical exertion or trauma, with the tension of the patellar ligament. It affects mainly boys-adolescents aged 13-15 years, engaged in sports. Symptoms are pain and swelling in the region of tuberosity of the tibia.
• Arthritis - Inflammation of the joint. Characteristic features - pain in the joint, especially when moving, with obvious swelling and swelling of the knee, redness of the skin, as well as increased pain in the affected joint at night.
• Osteoarthritis - previously exhaustion and wear of intraarticularcartilage and other elements of the joint. Not an inflammatory disease that has nothing to do with arthritis. The main manifestations - a crunch in the joints when walking or squats, pains that increase with physical activity and decrease in rest, painfully bend the leg in the knee and unbend, morning stiffness, restriction of mobility in the joints. With a far-reaching process, the knee is no longer possible to unbend or bend completely, the pain tears even at night.
• Inflammation of the knee tendons (pain usually occurs when walking down the stairs or when wearing weights).
• Gout - an illness of an exchange character, is manifested by severe arthritis in connection with the deposition of uric acid crystals in the joints
• Chondromalacia of patella (thinning of the articular cartilage) pathologicalsoftening of the cartilaginous tissue of the patella. Characteristic manifestations are pain in the region of the femoro-patellar articulation and crunch when bending the knee joint. Pain can increase with physical activity (running, jumping, climbing stairs, squatting), or with prolonged sitting, or when getting up from a chair
• Vascular pain in the knees - pain arising from deteriorationblood circulation in the knee joints. Unlike arthritic pain, they are not accompanied by a decrease in mobility of the knee joints. Pain sensations are usually equally pronounced in the right and left knees; arise when weather changes, in the cold, during colds and after physical exertion. At such times, suffering people complain that they "turn their knees".
• Chondromatosis of the knee joint - a disease associated with the development in the joint cavity cartilaginous or osteochondral formations, more often freely lying.
• Articular mouse - free body in the joint cavity (separatedfragment of articular cartilage, meniscus or other joint structures). It is formed as a result of trauma, inflammation, dystrophic or other pathological process. If the articulate mouse gets into the joint space and is infringed, suddenly there is a sharp pain in the joint, the movements become painful and even impossible.
• Dissecting osteochondritis knee joint - the development of necrosis of a small area of articular cartilage and the rejection of the necrotic area in the joint cavity. It causes pain and limitation of movements in the joint.
• Osteoporosis - a disease in which human bones become brittle and less dense
There is no single universal way of treating alldiseases of the knee. What treatment is needed in each case depends on the precise definition of the cause of the pain, because all of the diseases listed above require a different approach to their treatment.
Using various survey methods:
• CT scan (computed tomography)
• MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
• Arthroscopy (examination of the inner surface of the joint with an arthroscope)
the doctor will reveal the true reason why aching knees and will appoint the necessary treatment.
The earlier you contact a specialist, thanquickly begin to fulfill its purpose, the sooner you will get rid of the problem that is bothering you, since neglected chronic cases are treated much longer and treatment does not always give a 100% result.
Especially with knee injuries, you should consult a doctor immediately, and not grab the drug from the first advertisement.
No matter how good the advertised drugs are, their use can be not only useless, but also dangerous - you can miss the time and only delay the really correct treatment.
At best, after such a "cure" you onlyfor a short time get rid of the manifestations of the disease, and at worst - there will be serious complications, such as arthrosis, arthritis, contracture, post-traumatic blockade, until the complete loss of function of the knee joint. Since serious injuries, such as rupture of ligaments and tendons, meniscus, articular capsules often require surgical intervention.
Therefore, leave the choice of medicines and tactics treatment of the knee joint for the doctor.
An entry to Dr. Maximov for advice and treatment