Thrombosis of the external hemorrhoidal node is a dangerous complication
Hemorrhoids are a disease that can be easily treated in the early stages, but very many people neglect medical care, resulting in typical complications of the disease. According to the generally accepted medical classification, hemorrhoids are external and internal, and the severity and severity of the disease is divided into stages. If the patient has started his illness to the point thatshe moved to the third or fourth stage, you can safely talk about the chronic course. One of the common complications of chronic hemorrhoids during an exacerbation is thrombosis of the hemorrhoidal node - treatment in this case should begin immediately, otherwise thrombosed hemorrhoids can provoke purulent paraproctitis and sepsis.
If the hemorrhoids are at an easy stage, the patientcan not be afraid of complications: timely treatment will help to avoid further development of the disease. If thrombotic hemorrhoids arose, it always means that the treatment procedures were not taken on time.
Doctors distinguish three degrees of severity of thrombosis (see photo):
- Venous blood accumulates, does not occuroutflow, resulting in the formation of blood clots. Violated microcirculation of blood in the nodes. These thrombi make the nodes sharply painful, but at this stage, blockage of the vessels does not cause inflammatory reactions. This stage of the disease already requires treatment. Near the anus, painful cones of small size may appear, the symptom of pain is moderate at this stage, there is a constant feeling of discomfort, itching, burning. The skin next to the anus is red.
- If you do not start treatment immediately, you may developinflammatory process. Nodes become even more painful and sensitive, the body temperature can rise. The intensity of the pain syndrome increases, the hemorrhoidal nodes increase in size, the area of hyperemia and swelling of the skin also increases. At this stage there is a spasm of the anal sphincter.
- The third degree of severity is characterized bythe spread of inflammation to nearby tissues. The inflammatory process seizes the subcutaneous tissue, the entire inguinal region. There is even more severe swelling and hyperemia of the skin, necrosis of the hemorrhoids themselves can begin.
If a person suffers from a disease that occurs almost without symptoms, any risk factor can cause thrombosis of the external hemorrhoidal node - the symptoms in this case will not be long in coming.
Then the patient, it would seem, against the backgroundinitial complete well-being, treatment, possibly surgical, will be required. Acute blockage immediately manifests itself in the form of sharp pain, and the reason for its appearance may be an ordinary constipation or lifting of heavy objects.
It is necessary to know the features of clinical manifestations of thrombotic hemorrhoids
As already mentioned above, without symptoms thisthe phenomenon never flows. The clinical picture of exacerbation of chronic hemorrhoids has characteristic features that are immediately noticeable to the unaided eye. Also see the photos of the stages.
- The first symptoms of hemorrhoids appear sharply,are characterized by suddenness. For example, during hardening, hard feces can mechanically damage the altered veins or cause their irritation. This causes the patient unbearable pain, and the dropping nodes are not amenable to correction due to a spasm of the anal sphincter. The sphincter squeezes them, disrupting the blood circulation, they increase in size and swell, acquire a dark red shade. The pain is local and concentrated in the anus.
- Another symptom is bleeding. Most often bleeding is observed from internal nodes. when it becomes the result of mechanical damage. The veins themselves become hard to touch and extremely painful. If the third stage of thrombosis occurs, tissue necrosis may begin, the surface of the nodes bleeds and becomes covered with small ulcers.
- If a thrombus is formed in the outer site, whichpreviously was almost invisible, then the node instantly increases in size. Until then, the patient could not pay attention to such a symptom: the presence of a barely noticeable compaction under the skin next to the anus. If a thrombus forms in the node, the compaction becomes visible, it grows and causes severe pain. The phenomenon is accompanied by swelling of the skin in the anus. The mucous membrane of the knot itself flows, as well as the skin surrounding the anus. Initially, edema is isolated, but later the patient's condition may worsen, and swelling will seize the entire groin area, causing the patient unbearable suffering.
- If in the case of normal hemorrhoids painful sensationscan occur during defecation or lifting weights, then in case of acute blockage of external hemorrhoids, pain accompanies the patient constantly. Even at rest, when the patient does not try to go to the toilet, the pain remains strong enough, and during the defecation becomes unbearable. This causes constipation. which further aggravate the situation.
- If the thrombosis reached the third stage,the symptoms become most pronounced and severe. The inflammatory process captures more and more surrounding tissues, the surface of the skin responds with pain in response to touch, a finger examination of the rectum is not possible. On the surface of the hemorrhoidal nodes may appear areas of necrosis, their color changes to purple and purple. If you do not begin urgent treatment, necrosis of the nodes will expand, which can cause purulent paraproctitis. representing an immediate danger to human life.
It is very important to take timely measures
If timely measures are taken, eliminatesymptoms and relieve the aggravation can be a few days. Sometimes thrombosed hemorrhoids are opened, which is accompanied by severe bleeding. The patient feels at the same time relief and reduction of the pain syndrome. In more rare cases, the treatment lasts a long time, eliminating again and again the emerging exacerbation.
It is very important to eliminate the complication as quickly as possible, since many non-surgical methods for treating hemorrhoids can not be used in cases of acute thrombosis of the nodes. In order to relieve the pain symptom, doctorsusually prescribed analgesics of the general spectrum of action and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Local gels, creams and ointments are also used. possessing a venotonic and anti-inflammatory effect, reducing the size of the nodes and normalizing the circulation of venous blood. Almost always prescribed medications, toning and strengthening the vascular wall.
Also used herbal medicinal herbs for sedentary baths and compresses.
If conservative methods do not help, treatmentis performed surgically. Under local anesthesia, the thrombosed node is excised and removed as a whole, after which a pressing antiseptic bandage is applied to the affected area.
Pain prescribed analgesics to removepostoperative pain. Such treatment is done on an outpatient basis, it does not require hospitalization. Nevertheless, if possible, doctors tend to eliminate symptoms with conservative methods.
How to avoid exacerbation of a chronic process?
Prevention of hemorrhoids - the best way is notadmit the appearance of thrombi in the nodes. People suffering from chronic illness should be especially attentive to their daily diet. It is important to normalize bowel function, avoid constipation, and avoid the use of spicy, spicy, smoked and salty foods that can provoke an exacerbation. The provoking factor may be alcohol.
Photo and video: the doctor explains the causes of thrombosis and warns about possible complications - see: