Injections with allergic edema
In the treatment of allergies, a wide rangemedicines that help alleviate the manifestations of this disease, stop his attacks and prevent another exacerbation. In some cases, drug treatment of allergy involves the use of injections, whose active substances - unlike other dosage forms - quickly enter the bloodstream and have an immediate impact on the body.
Allergy shots are prescribed in several situations:
- the need for an urgent interruption of the allergic reaction (for example, with a strong attack of bronchial asthma, when the lumen of the bronchi narrows to the critical, preventing breathing);
- acute allergic reactions (anaphylactic shock, Quincke's edema);
- severe allergic reactions (for example, pricks with urticaria, which develops in the face and neck, threatening to cause swelling of the respiratory tract);
- a high probability of developing acute allergic reactions (for example, with multiple insect bites in the face and neck area).
What drugs are used for allergies?
All drugs used for injection can be divided into two groups:
- hormonal preparations,
- nonhormonal drugs.
Hormonal. This group of drugs includes such drugs as prednisolone, diprospan, hydrocortisone and others. Injection preparations containing hormones are prescribed as an emergency aid for life-threatening conditions: allergic and non-allergic edema of the respiratory system, shock of various etiologies.
Hormonalnyj a nyxis from an allergy is applied, asa rule, once - for the purpose of rapid arresting an attack of allergy and preventing the deterioration of the patient's condition. Long-term treatment with hormonal drugs is contraindicated due to the large number of undesirable side effects that hormonal drugs have on the body.
Important: injections of hormonal drugs are prescribed only by the attending physician, who weighs the risks and benefits of this type of treatment. The use of hormonal drugs for the treatment of allergies without prior consultation with a doctor is unacceptable.
Non-hormonal. The effect of this group of drugs,which are used to treat allergies, is aimed at reducing the sensitivity of the immune system, removing allergic reactions and eliminating general intoxication, developing against the background of inflammatory allergic reactions or shock.
- Antihistaminic injections (Suprastin, Dimedrol, Tavegil ) are designated as an emergency measure forsuddenly developed allergic reaction. Due to the fact that the active substance penetrates into the bloodstream faster than with other dosage forms, the injection allows you to quickly remove various manifestations of the allergy and prevent further complications by blocking the production of histamines. For example, an antihistamine shot from seasonal allergies, which is expressed by a narrowing of bronchial lumens, excruciating dyspnoea and / or severe urticaria, can translate severe symptoms into symptoms of moderate severity when the patient can start taking antihistamines in the form of aerosols or tablets. Also, injectable forms of antihistamines are prescribed in parallel with hormonal agents in severe and life-threatening conditions - Quincke's edema and shock. The administration of antihistamines can be carried out both intramuscularly and intravenously (either jet or drip).
- Desensitizing injectables (calcium chloride, sodium bromide, ascorbic acid ) reduce the sensitivity of the immune system toallergens and stabilize mast cells, not allowing the mediators of allergic reactions to be released from them. This group of drugs is often used when pricks are required for eczema, which remove inflammatory skin processes associated with this condition.
- Detoxification is carried out with the help of a dropor jetting into the vein of a solution of glucose or saline, together with diuretics. This allows you to quickly remove the swelling, which accompanies an allergic reaction, and also remove from the body toxins formed during inflammatory processes, shock conditions, etc.
Important: then, what an injection is done with allergies, is directly related to the patient's condition and the severity of the symptoms. For this reason, all appointments should be performed only by a doctor and only after assessing the patient's condition.