What you can eat with swelling
While waiting for the baby in the body of the future mother, there are many changes. Which of them should alert you?
That pregnancy is often accompanied by edema. almost all future mothers know. Also, everyone knows that out of pregnancy swelling is a symptom of a disease, most often of cardiovascular or renal origin. But what does it mean if they are in pregnant women? Is it a variant of the norm or a pathology requiring treatment?
Diagnosis of edema during pregnancy
How to understand if you have edema? Answer a few questions.
- Have you recently become desperately sorry for your favorite shoes?
- The engagement ring compresses the finger, leaving a mark, hardly or at all is removed from the finger?
- You began to gain weight above the norm (more than 300 g per week)?
Of course, explicit edema notice not only the doctor, but you. But there are also latent edema. or pastosity of tissues (the so-calledfluid retention in the body), which are not conspicuous. They can be suspected only if the future mother has a large or uneven weight gain.
More often edema in healthy pregnant women who do not have cardiovascular or renal pathology, appear in the second half of pregnancy.
Usually, first swelling of the legs. then can be added edema of the hands, abdomen, face. The latter especially upsets the expectant mothers. After all, the face is the strongest eyelids swell. This is due to the anatomical features of this area. There is a loose fiber, which, like a sponge, is ready to retain liquid.
In the morning edema On legs are less appreciable, after all at night a liquidevenly distributed throughout the body. But in the daytime, when you spend more time on your feet, the fluid descends, accumulating mainly in the area of the ankles, on the back of the feet, on the shins, where the pressure of the finger can cause a slowly leveling fovea. Skin with edema pale, tense and smooth.
In addition to examining the doctor, what methods are used for diagnosis?
About possible hidden edema say excessive (more than 300 grams per week) or uneven weight gain of the future mother.
Compare the amount of fluid andallocated urine (per day). Normally, a healthy person emits ¾ of the liquid. Suppose, if you drank 1000-1200 ml of liquid for a day (including soups and tea-coffee), urine should stand out at least 750-900 ml. The remaining quarter of the liquid is released in the form of sweat, and also during breathing.
Measurement of the leg circumference at one level in dynamics
An increase in the ankle circumference by 1 cm or more during the week indicates a fluid retention in the body.
In the area of the inner surface of the forearm0.2 ml of physiological solution is intradermally injected with a thin needle. A blister forms, which normally in a healthy person resolves within one hour. The more "puffiness" of the body, the faster the blister is absorbed.
What is the danger of edema?
Foreign doctors are inclined to consider swelling of the pregnant a physiological phenomenon that does not require treatment. However, with the proviso that the protein in the urine and high blood pressure do not join the edema.
Russian Obstetricians consider: edema It is necessary to treat, since dropsy of pregnant women is the first stage of gestosis and 90% of cases after edema there is a protein in the urine and increased blood pressure. In time, the treatment started can prevent the transition of dropsy to the subsequent stages of gestosis.
How to treat swelling during pregnancy?
In treatment dropsy pregnant women give priority to a diet with a restriction of salt and fluids drunk per day.
- Food should be under-salted, since saltdelays in the body fluid. For a day is allowed the use of salt to 8 g instead of the usual 12-15 g. From the same considerations, sharp spicy dishes and smoked products are excluded from the menu. Cooking is better for a couple, you can also boil or stew, but do not fry!
- The amount of liquid consumed in the second half of pregnancy should not be more than 1000-1200 ml per day. Do not forget to take into account the volume of liquid contained in the soup, in juicy fruits and berries.
- In addition to dietary restrictions, the importance ofhas strengthening of the vascular wall and improvement of fluidity of blood along the vessels. This prevents the fluid from seeping out of the vessels into the tissue and, accordingly, prevents the formation of edema. To do this, doctors prescribe vitamins and products that strengthen the vessels.
- In agreement with the doctor who is treating you can drinkphyto-tea with diuretic properties (infusions of leaf bearberry or bear ears, field horsetail, kidney tea). A glass of infusion during the day for 3-4 meals (1 / 3-1 / 4 glasses at a time). The course lasts for 3-4 weeks.
- Diuretics prescribe only with pronounced edema, and even then for a short while. It is impossible to take these funds on your own!
- Edema. especially if they appeared before 20 weekspregnancy, may be a manifestation of a disease that existed secretly. Sometimes pregnancy is the impetus that a hidden disease turns into an obvious one because of the increased burden on the diseased organ. That's why with the early edema in pregnant women should be carefully examined, check the kidneys, the heart.
- Swelling of the feet can be associated with varicose veins of the legs. In this case, future moms usually complain of pain, heaviness in the legs, fast fatigue when walking.