Remedy for swelling after rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popularplastic surgery, the purpose of which is to normalize breathing, disrupted due to illness or injury, as well as improving the shape of the nose. As surgeons warn and confirm the patients' feedback, the desired result is not immediately apparent, with edema following rhinoplasty being considered a natural consequence of surgery. This complication should be foreseen and take all available measures to minimize it.
The cause of edema after surgery isblood circulation disorder in the skin due to vascular disruption. The degree of puffiness is often determined by the features of the skin of the patient (the thicker it is, the more it increases in volume), as well as the scale of rhinoplasty.
- Closed rhinoplasty. It involves manipulation through small incisions in the nostrils, at the end of the operation, internal absorbable sutures are applied. The arteries remain intact, the nasal support function is preserved.
- Open rhinoplasty. It is done after lifting the incised skin by correcting the bone base and cartilage. As a result of such a deep intervention, rehabilitation lasts longer, and swelling and bruising are more noticeable.
Patients often ask the question: How much does the edema that occurs after plastic reconstruction of the nose come off? The recovery process is divided into several stages having different duration. Each stage is characterized by a special type of edema.
He appears at a time whenperformed rhinoplasty, and creates difficulties for the surgeon. However, an experienced specialist has sufficient practice of eliminating complications and knows how to remove swelling. Immediately after the operation, nasal passages are tamponed, a plaster bandage or a tire is applied to fix the nose and prevent swelling of the tissues. The maximum swelling becomes noticeable on day 2-3, while spreading to the eye and eyelids. After 5 days, it begins to subside, but on the whole, a week and a half remains. Approximately in these terms, remove gypsum, and without its support, edema may become more pronounced.
After removing the tire swelling, bothaccording to the reviews, remains on average for 4-6 weeks. Edema is less than primary, but it is characterized by some tissue tightening, extension of the back and tip of the nose - this often causes patients anxiety and forces them to turn to all possible and not always justified means of treatment.
It is typical for the period from the second to the seventhmonth from the day of rhinoplasty. Usually, after 12 weeks, the nose acquires the final shape, and only a small part of the edema remains, almost invisible to others. On average, for half a year (sometimes a little bit longer), the damaged tissues are restored and occupy the proper place, after which the patient can evaluate the results of the operation and, if necessary, adjust them.
Qualified doctors talk about howfight with edema, at a time when rhinoplasty is only being planned. The process of rehabilitation and reduction of puffiness should be managed - for this, a number of useful recommendations should be followed.
- A week before the correction of the nose stop taking non-steroid anti-inflammatory medications, acetylsalicylic acid, Ibuprofen.
- Reduce the consumption of beverages and food that provokes thirst: pickles, spices, smoked products.
- At least seven days before surgery, it is advisable not to smoke.
If rhinoplasty is already done, compliance with the simplest rules of conduct, procedures and the use of medical devices prescribed by the doctor will help to reduce edema.
1. During the first three days, cold anesthetic compresses with aloe juice can be applied to the nose, so as not to disrupt the position of the gypsum tire. Well-proven anti-edemas homeopathic preparations with mountain arnica, used for lotions, or ready-made ointment "Arnica".
2. On the appointment of a doctor in severe cases, injections of the hormonal drug "Diprospan" are made.
3. Choose a high pillow so that during sleep the head is raised. In the first day after rhinoplasty, you should avoid sudden movements, physical work and try not to lower your head down.
To swelling the nose after rhinoplasty came down ascan quickly, within the first 10 days adhere to a balanced diet, taking only easily digestible food, limit salt, exclude the use of coffee and alcohol. And in conclusion, one more tip: do not exert excessive zeal in eliminating edema, the best remedy for them is time.
Note! All publications on the site give only a general idea of cosmetology problems, fulfilling an educational mission. Use the proposed methods, drugs and recipes should be only after consulting a doctor. Remember: your health is in your hands, and you are personally responsible for it!