Started swelling what to do
Most pregnant women are swollen. But before proceeding to treatment, it is necessary to find out what is the cause of permanent puffiness. Why do pregnant women swell and how to deal with this problem, we will discuss in this article.
Why do pregnant women swell?
Most often, puffiness is associated with increasedneeds in water. Gradually the volume of amniotic fluid increases, more blood is needed. The changed hormonal background, often provokes a strong thirst. As a result, a woman puzzles, deciding how to get rid of swelling on her legs during pregnancy. Typically, the body itself delays the water, storing it for future use. This is a normal state. But there are other reasons for which it is necessary to undergo a survey:
- the cause of edema can be a varicoseveins. The uterus grows, exerting pressure on large vessels. Therefore, the outflow of blood from the legs is significantly impaired. The overflow of veins on the legs leads to a strong swelling of the feet;
- lead to edema and kidney disease. In this case, swelling of the legs can manifest in any time. Throughout pregnancy, the kidneys continue to work in a strengthened mode and do not always cope with the task;
- strong swelling of the legs during pregnancy in later terms may serve as signs of gestosis. Usually, swelling is accompanied by the presence of protein in the urine and high blood pressure;
- sometimes, when the pregnancy swells right or leftleg. This happens if the uterus squeezes the iliac vein from the right or left side more, causing a stagnation of blood in the corresponding leg. It should be more lying on the opposite side and swelling will be even.
How to remove swelling on your legs during pregnancy?
The question is how to get rid of edema on legs intime of pregnancy, you should definitely ask your gynecologist. Only he can determine whether puffiness is the norm or pathology. If a woman is not susceptible to chronic diseases, you can significantly reduce discomfort, using standard recommendations that are useful for any pregnant woman. So, what you need to do in pregnancy, so that the legs swell not so much:
- Do not spend on your feet for a long time. Also, however, as always lying. Try to distribute the load correctly. Wear shoes made of soft, natural leather. A high heel for a pregnant woman is contraindicated. Especially if there is a predisposition to varicose veins.
- It is not recommended to wear tight trousers and pantyhose. They, too, strongly squeeze the vessels and lead to edema. When you go to bed, keep your feet at an angle of 30 degrees.
- So how to deal with leg swelling during pregnancyyou can not properly eat, you should reconsider your diet. Most likely, the menu shows a surplus of salty products, smoked, pickled. In pregnancy, a variety of flavoring quirks. It is possible that a woman is addicted to fast food. To balance nutrition, consult a nutritionist. He will tell you how to relieve swelling on your feet during pregnancy, using special days of unloading.
- In no case do not use diuretics, even plant-derived ones. They can affect the development of the fetus.
- During the day, drink as much water as you want. But after seven o'clock in the evening use of liquid is desirable to limit. Soon you will notice swelling become much less.