After how many post-partum swelling
After the birth of a baby, each womango through its recovery period, which all lasts differently. Almost 80% of young mothers in the first months face such a problem as swelling after childbirth, which spread to the face and figure as a whole. However, legs and vagina most often suffer, because during the gestation of the baby they had to withstand enormous loads. What are the main causes of postpartum swelling of the tissues and can somehow stop this process?
First it is worth making sure that you,indeed, edema, not swelling. Push your finger on the increased size of the fabric and release. A hole is formed, which in a couple of minutes will disappear. This is the swelling, and after childbirth it occurs for the following reasons:
- excessive, excessive fluid intake during the last periods of pregnancy and in the first days after childbirth;
- accumulation in the tissues of sodium salts;
- genitourinary diseases with an increase in the burden on the kidneys (accompanied by dry skin throughout the body and rapid spread of swelling);
- problems with the cardiovascular system (in parallel with the formation of edema appear vascular sprouts and plaques on different parts of the body, as well as convulsions);
- too much pressure on the legs (if, for example, the young mother has to cope with the baby and the household chores alone);
- hormonal changes;
- during the carrying of the baby, the growing uterus presses on nearby organs, thereby making it difficult for the blood to drain from the limbs;
- in the blood of a pregnant woman, the iron level decreases, which leads to postpartum hypothyroidism;
- venous insufficiency, varicose veins - this is the main reason why the legs swell after giving birth, since the veins can not cope with the burden that fell to their share in this period;
- abundance in the diet of fried, salty, spicy, sweet food;
- side effects after intravenous infusions that were made during labor;
- because during the passage by the child of genericpathways are severely injured by the vagina (especially if seams have been applied during ruptures), there is edema of the perineum after childbirth, which, when properly handled, must still pass in the hospital;
- if an infection was infectious (this is rare, but still happens), the edema of the labia and the entire vagina may begin: in this case, you will have to undergo antibiotic therapy.
All these problems are fairly quickly and easily solved,if the cause is determined correctly. Often observed foot swelling after childbirth, as all the excess body fluid accumulates in them, and the outflow is disrupted because of the above factors. To get rid of them, you must first eliminate the root cause of this phenomenon.
Once you notice that your legs are swollenafter giving birth for no apparent reason (that is, you were not given intravenous infusions during the birth of the baby and you have never suffered from an urinary and circulatory system disorder), try to solve this problem yourself in the following ways.
- Reduce the fluid intake to 1.5 liters per day. In order not to affect lactation in any way, drink hot tea with milk.
- Try to relax more. Reduce the load on the limbs: walk less (if edema is formed on the legs), do not wear the baby on your hands (if the problem touched them). Start doing gymnastics.
- During sitting, try to lift your legs higher.
- To remove the edema of the perineum, a hot-water bottle with ice is applied to it.
- Exclude from your diet fried, salty, spicy, overly sweet food. But it is necessary to subordinate to sea-buckthorn, kalina, lemons, grapes, tomatoes and cranberries.
- Help to get rid of swelling after childbirth daily warm and cold baths, which are useful for adding sea salt, chamomile, juniper, birch leaves, mint.
- Apply the baby more often to the chest.
- Ask a family member to do massages in the evening.
- If you know for sure that you have severe leg swelling due to problems with the veins, take a contrast shower several times a day. It activates blood circulation and strengthens blood vessels.
- In addition, those who have strongly swollen legs after the birth, you can recommend wearing comfortable, therapeutic compression underwear (stockings or tights, for example).
- Try to sleep on the left side: this position will allow to remove swelling within several days, as it improves the outflow of fluid and blood circulation.
If you did everything right, the defect will disappearliterally in a week, returning you old forms. However, it is much worse if after edema edema does not go away for a long time. In this case, it is worth worrying and seeking help from doctors.
With such adversity, the experience is quite understandablewomen in occasion of when will pass or take place edemas after sorts or labors and it will be possible not to worry in this occasion. Ideally, if the process is not provoked by serious diseases of various organs and systems, everything must pass for 1 - a maximum of 2 weeks. Despite the fact that these terms are very individual and conditional, if the problem does not go away longer than the designated time, you should immediately consult a doctor, take a survey and find out the reasons for your condition. Only after that you will be told for sure whether edema on your body will pass after childbirth in the near future. For a speedy recovery you will have to undergo a full course of treatment, appointed by a specialist.
Modern women, thanks to the Internet,are maximally informed about those processes that occur in their bodies before and after childbirth. Knowing that the main cause of edema is a fluid retention in the tissues, they begin to actively drink diuretics, thereby pounding themselves into a trap. First, lactation is disturbed. Secondly, the child suffers, who also has to swallow these drugs through mother's milk. Thirdly, swelling in most cases does not go away, because with the kidneys everything is in order.
Do you want to know for sure how many times after the birth swellings leave and the figure is completely restored? This question can be answered only by a doctor after the examination:
- if it is a pathology of the circulatory or genitourinary systems, a therapy of up to 1 month is prescribed;
- if it is varicose in a neglected state, it will take a longer course of treatment (up to six months, if not more);
- the doctor himself will determine whether you should use diuretics and what exactly, so as not to harm the lactation and the baby;
- edema of the vagina after delivery in the presence of infection is treated with antibiotics;
- often prescribed vitamins and trace elements, the lack of which can be found in the body of a young mother.
If you know the causes of postpartum swelling, from themyou can get rid of in the shortest time, which will shorten the recovery period and quickly come back to normal. It is better to think about this as soon as possible: even during the carrying of the child. If you take preventive measures, then you will not have to suffer from pains and complexes about blurred forms. If you can not avoid this misfortune, be sure to go through a course of treatment so that nothing interferes with your communication with the baby.