Swelling after training causes
Home »Pregnancy and childbirth» Swelling of the feet after childbirth: causes and treatment
During pregnancy and after childbirth, manywomen are swollen. This phenomenon of pregnant and young mothers is very worried. But for the excitement there are no serious reasons, as puffiness develops most often against the background of the hormonal changes that occur during the gestation of the baby. The same can be said about swelling of the legs after childbirth. which take place in a few days. The amount of time depends on how much fluid has accumulated in the body.
- Hormonal failures. In the body of a future mother, the fluid can accumulate due to a violation of the balance of hormones such as estrogen and progesterone.
- Violation of the kidneys. This phenomenon is caused by physiological processes in the body of a woman. Therefore, doctors advise pregnant women to limit salt intake.
- Increased blood pressure also contributes to the development of swelling of the legs. Most often, this phenomenon occurs in the last months of pregnancy.
- Varicose veins. Because of the large increase in weight in the last months of pregnancy, some women begin varicose veins, which leads to swelling of the legs.
- Gestosis - late toxicosis. To reveal gestosis is possible on the analysis of blood and urine.
The swelling of the legs in the first stages can be recognized in the following ways:
- Compare the withdrawn liquid with drunk. If a woman drank 2 liters of water per day, and 500 ml was withdrawn - this is a clear sign of puffiness.
- Ankle foot measurement. If the changes diverge by 1 cm or more, this is also a sign of edema.
- If by the end of the day a woman finds it difficult to fasten her shoes or if there are marks on her body from her shoes, then there is swelling.
Swelling of the feet after childbirth keep no more than a week. By this time, the kidneys are beginning to work more actively, a woman may notice that the frequency of urination has increased, and sweating can also increase. All this suggests that the body itself is struggling with puffiness. If after a week the swelling does not subside, do not decrease, pains appear, it is necessary to consult a doctor. The specialist will determine the cause and prescribe the treatment.
Help eliminate the following:
- Diuretic teas. You can buy them at the pharmacy, or you can cook them yourself. This will require cranberries. Berries need to be washed and poured with boiling water. Drink infusion every day for a week before eating. Diuretic effect is also possessed by dog rose, pumpkin, dried apricots, watermelon.
- Reduce salt intake. Salt retains fluid in the body. Perhaps a woman over-consumes salt for food. Therefore, edema is not eliminated.
- Check the pressure. With increased pressure, swelling will only increase.
- Observe a special diet. Less spicy, smoked, salted and roasted. There are more fruits and vegetables. It is better to cook for a couple - so the products retain more of the amount of vitamins. Use no more than 2 liters per day.
- More time to spend in the fresh air. Regular walking tours, like exercise, will relieve swelling. The best way to deal with swelling is in the pool.
- During rest, try to put your feet higher.
- Do not abuse laxatives that provoke the onset of edema.
The most important thing is to listen to yourself. If a woman is worried about swelling of her legs, and no home remedies help her, consult a doctor.