Common swelling develops with
Edema - excessive accumulation of water in the organs,tissues and extracellular spaces of the body. Edema is formed, as a rule, from the blood plasma and accumulates with an increased transition of fluid from the bloodstream into the interstitial space and the body cavity.
Most often, edema is a consequence of a disorderoutflow of blood or lymph. Sometimes the cause of swelling may be increased blood flow, inflammation. Edema can be acute or chronic. Differ by the time of appearance and disappearance, consistency (soft, dense).
It is also accepted to distinguish between local and general edema:
General - develop with heart disease,kidneys, liver, gastrointestinal tract and represent a swelling of the tissues in most departments or throughout the body. A noticeable general edema in an adult means the accumulation of three or more liters of fluid in the body, most often as a result of kidney failure of salt and water.
The most common causes of general edema:
- Diseases of the liver (cirrhosis of the liver).
- Kidney disease (glomerulonephritis).
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels. (heart failure, myocarditis, cardiomyopathy, severe forms of anemia). Characteristic accompanying signs - shortness of breath, rapid pulse, wheezing in the lungs. The fluid in general edema is distributed according to the laws of gravity. Thus, in patients with heart failure, in a semi-sitting position, swelling first appears in the lower extremities, the lumbosacral region. If the patient can freely lie in a horizontal position, swelling occurs primarily on the face and hands.
- Incorrect food. the scarcity of protein in food causes a general swelling. General swelling also occurs with excessive intake of salt and water.
- Allergic reactions (angioedema).
- Edema around the eyes are with conjunctivitis, allergic reactions. Pustoznost eyelids often serves as one of the first signs of heart failure.
- Facial swelling occurs as a component of an allergic reaction to medications, foods, or cosmetics.
- Swelling of the legs is a common symptom in the pathology of veinslower limbs. With venous diseases, swelling on the ankles appears in the evening, and by morning pass. By the presence of edema, the stage of chronic venous insufficiency is judged.
Postthrombotic disease often leads to unilateral edema, which are not limited only to the ankle, but also apply to the shin. At the same time, the edema is tight, the pits do not remain under pressure.
Edema can occur with neglected diseasesarteries, as well as diseases of the lymphatic system. Lymphatic edema of a completely different kind. The skin and subcutaneous tissue swell, becoming like a pillow. Swelling is soft, with pressure left pits. Often, edema develops after a successful vascular surgery for critical ischemia. It is associated with a sharp increase in the flow of blood and eventually passes. By nature it is dense, with pressure can remain pits.
In addition, swelling of the limbs can occur with injuries, burns, insect bites.
Edema can develop due to inflammatorydiseases in the joints, soft tissues. For example, with rheumatism and gout. The swelling is dense, red, hot to the touch, sharply painful when touched.
Record on reception on-line or by phone 8 (495) 925-77-54.
Preparing for the New Year, many womenagain they remember fast diets. Streams of information from the media are almost forcibly forced to drink laxatives and diuretics. However, in some situations, severe food restrictions can lead to complications. In particular, it concerns anemia. Today we will talk about B12 deficiency anemia, which develops gradually, proceeds secretly, and is not treated with the intake of iron preparations.
B. Starodanilovsky per. 5, metro station "Tulskaya"