Swelling by the evening cause
Edema of the face, being a kind of local edema,insistently give alarm signals, indicating serious violations in the work of any body. As you know, swelling occurs when fluid is delayed, which the body is unable to remove in time and in the right amount.
Special trouble swelling of the face deliverwomen unsuccessfully seeking to disguise swollen places, causing damage to the appearance, irreparable by means of cosmetics. The external manifestation of fluid retention in the body, expressed in the appearance of edema, occurs when the volume of liquid not equaled is approximately three liters.
Even the most healthy person may have swelling of the face.
Causes of appearance can be the following:
- adherence to improperly selected diets;
- lack of sleep;
- chronic fatigue.
But remember that the swelling of the face cansignal and a serious disorder in the body. So, in particular, the causes of edema may indicate a violation of the internal organs - kidney, liver, thyroid, heart or blood vessels. Symptoms are similar to Quinck's edema.
In addition, edema of the face often provokes a shortage of certain vitamins in the body.
In general, the causes of facial edema are multiple andvarious. In addition to the above, puffiness can trigger the use of alcohol, high temperatures, sinusitis, allergic reactions, and many other factors.
What diseases prevent facial swelling?
Doctors say that if puffiness begins to manifest late in the evening, a person should visit a cardiologist - such edema is a weighty evidence in favor of heart problems.
Such cardiac edema is always accompanied byenlargement of the liver. In addition, with this pathology, the patient, because of the dyspnea that appears, is difficult to lie in a horizontal position. To the touch, cardiac edema is very dense.
The morning swelling, especially near the eyes, may appear for various reasons:
- overwork and lack of sleep;
- kidney disease.
If the kidneys are sick, the face and eyelids swell first. Edema watery, soft, easily moving. Together with oedematous eyes, peripheral edema and elevated blood pressure can be observed. Chronic kidney failure is accompanied by a bronze-lemon shade of the skin.
Patients with chronic kidney diseases, usually before swelling begin to rapidly gain weight - this is due to the appearance of internal swelling, hidden from the eyes.
What can cause a swelling in the face?
An allergic reaction can cause angioedema. The causes of such swelling are allergens that come into contact with a person (food, medicine, poison of insects and others).
Allergic facial swelling, as a rule, is accompanied by additional symptoms, in particular, can appear:
- rash and itching;
- difficulty breathing;
- in severe cases, loss of consciousness.
If the edema is accompanied by cyanosis, then it is likely that the cause of the pathology is vascular. In this case, the likely cause of edema is thrombosis of the superior vena cava.
Infections localized in carious teeth,paranasal sinuses and tonsils, can lead to worsening of outflow and stagnation of lymph in the lymph nodes of the lower jaw. This leads to a one- or two-sided edema of the face disappearing together with the subsidence of the inflammatory process.
Rareer causes of edema of the face are scleroderma,dermatomyositis, as well as thrombosis of the cavernous sinus, which is usually observed after inflammation of the paranasal sinuses or other parts of the face. This disease is typical for people with diabetes and with reduced immunity.
How to treat swelling of the face?
Edema of the face is characteristic of people with endocrinediseases. So, in particular, patients with Cushing's syndrome have a puffy, moonlike face. Myxedema is another endocrine disease, leading to a severe swelling of the facial skin and subcutaneous tissue. This severe form of hypothyroidism, associated with a shortage of thyroid hormones, is treated by hormone therapy. After restoring the hormonal balance, the outflow of lymph is normalized and the swelling passes.
Regularly appearing puffiness is ignorednothing is allowed. Treatment of edema begins with a visit to the therapist - he will send the patient to the necessary tests and to consult a specialist. If the cause of edema is a kidney or heart failure, the patient must undergo an appropriate course of treatment. When the work of the diseased organs is normalized, edema will disappear on their own.
If the cause of edema is an allergic reaction, the primary task is to identify the substance that acted as an allergen-provoker. The patient is prescribed a course of antihistamines.
General recommendations for swelling of the face
With regular edema of the face, advise:
- drink clean, or even better thaw water - at least eight glasses daily;
- if you can not drink that much water, replace it with herbal tea, but be sure to replace the sugar with honey;
- Drink diuretic herbs that relieve swelling: bear ear, corn stigmas and others;
- drink bay leaf infusion - brew 3-4 leaves in a glass of boiling water, drink on a tablespoon during the day;
- sleep at least eight hours, and the pillow should be firm and low;
- You can not eat at night.
- Applying a mask of grated raw potatoes on the face, you can remove the swelling in a quarter of an hour.
- Swelling of the face and eyes helps to remove the mask, prepared from grated parsley roots.
- People prone to swelling should have at hand ice cubes from the decoction of chamomile, celandine and rose petals.
- It is recommended to drink a cup of green tea, as well as apply a napkin impregnated with strongly brewed green tea.
- You can use a pumpkin mask,prepared from two tablespoons of grated pumpkin and a small amount of water. After bringing the mixture, put on a weak fire, to a homogeneous mass, add a spoonful of honey. Apply the cooled mixture to the skin. After 10 minutes, wash it off with warm water.