When swelling occurs in newborns
Cerebral edema in newborns Is a pathology in which an excessiveaccumulation of fluid in the intercellular space and brain cells. As a result of this pathology, the brain volume increases and intracranial pressure rises (intracranial hypertension, which is the cause of death of brain cells and circulatory disorders). With a sharp increase in intracranial pressure, the patient needs urgent medical attention. If untimely, it can be fatal.
Causes of cerebral edema
The main reason for cerebral edema in newborns is birth trauma. There are also the following reasons that cause brain pathology:
- Getting craniocerebral injury, which leads to brain damage by mechanical means. As a complication in the brain can fall fragments of the skull. The onset of swelling interferes with the outflow of fluid from the brain.
- Infectious diseases are also one of the mostthe reasons for which cerebral edema occurs in newborns. It can be such diseases as meningitis, encephalitis, encephalomyelitis, toxoplasmosis, subdural empyema, etc.
- Acute poisoning with alcohol, drugs, etc.
- A brain tumor in which its cells grow rapidly and begin to exert pressure on healthy brain tissue, triggering the onset of edema.
- Ischemic stroke is a disease in whichblood circulation in the brain is disrupted, which is due to clogging of the blood vessel with a thrombus. In this case, oxygen does not come in the right amount in the brain tissue. Thus, oxygen starvation occurs, the cells begin to die, and the brain develops swelling.
- Hemorrhage in the cranial cavity, which occurs due to damage to the blood vessel.
- Sharp change in atmospheric pressure.
Symptoms of swelling of the brain
The edema of the brain is accompanied by the manifestation of such symptoms:
- general weakness, malaise, increased drowsiness;
- severe headaches, fainting and dizziness;
- nausea and vomiting;
- possibly impaired vision and orientation in space;
- difficulty breathing, speech and memory impairment;
- muscle spasms.
The emergence of such symptoms serve as a signal to urgently seek medical help. However, in the case of cerebral edema in newborns, the recognition of these symptoms becomes more complicated.
Diagnosis is carried out using computer tomography of the brain, radiography, magnetic resonance imaging and blood tests.
Treat edema of the brain depending onreasons, by which he was called. The treatment is primarily aimed at restoring the supply of oxygen in sufficient volume to the brain cells. When an edema occurs due to a sudden change in atmospheric pressure or with a slight concussion of the brain, it usually passes by itself, without treatment. In other cases, treatment is required.
There are several methods of treating pathology:
- Drug treatment involves the use of drugs that reduce intracranial pressure and eliminate the infection that caused swelling (if there was one).
- In case of craniocerebral trauma, cerebral edema is treated with oxygen therapy - artificial introduction of oxygen into the patient's blood. The oxygenated blood removes the edema.
- With hemorrhages and craniocerebral traumathe method of hypothermia is applied - the effect on the body of cold, after which the temperature is significantly reduced, normal metabolism is restored. The needs of the brain in oxygen decrease and the edema subsides.
- In particularly difficult cases, surgicalmethod (surgery is necessary primarily in cases of splinters entering the brain). This method removes excess fluid from the brain. This method of treatment is the most risky.
Even after removal of cerebral edema are possiblenegative consequences for health. This can be a deterioration of well-being, headaches, sleep disturbance, anxiety, depression, and intellectual processes. To prevent the occurrence of such complications, it is important that you consult your doctor in a timely manner.
What causes allergies?Symptoms and manifestations Wormwood itself does not pose a threat to man, and the danger is contained in the pollen of weed, so during the flowering period of the plant one must be very cautious to people prone to allergic reactions. The flowering period of wormwood occurs at the end of July and lasts until mid-September, but depending on the weather conditions it can fluctuate into one or ..</ li>
The maintenance of US of a thyroid gland What isanaehogenicity and why it happens. Despite the fact that the thyroid gland is within touch and its shape can be changed even by hands, it is not so easy to detect anomalies and the appearance of a cancerous tumor. The thing is that thyroid cancer belongs to non-aggressive formations and may not manifest itself sufficiently ..
Symptoms of adenoma Treatment of a tumorThe thyroid gland is the endocrine organ responsible for the production of hormones. Under the influence of certain factors, a malfunction occurs. There are various diseases. A benign thyroid tumor (adenoma) is one of the emerging problems. It is characterized by the presence of seals in the wiry tissues of the organ. As a result, there is an increased production of thyroid hormones. These are amino acid derivatives of tyrosine, their increased ..
The content of the cynomolgus is white in the treatment of thyroidglands Lapchatka white root in the treatment of the thyroid gland An infusion of the tampon white for the treatment of the thyroid gland. In all thyroid diseases, traditional medicine uses the method of hormone replacement therapy. In particularly severe cases, resection of the organ is provided, that is, surgical intervention. Official medicine, unfortunately, ignores another, old proven method - ..
Irradiation of the thyroid glandthyroid gland with iodine Irradiation of the thyroid gland with radioactive iodine: side effects The thyroid gland is responsible for many vital processes in the human body. Violations in her work lead to functional failures of all organs and systems. An unfavorable ecological situation and other negative effects lead to the diseases of this small but important organ. The most serious ..
Contents Types of papillomas and description Causesoccurrence and localization of hanging warts Diagnosis and treatment Human skin is a favorite place for the appearance of many formations caused by various causes. Based on medical indications, most of them are tumors of different quality, which are caused by the human papillomavirus. It is quite difficult to protect yourself from it, the virus is transmitted by contact. To the same category are ..
Contents Traditional ways to get rid ofwarts Removal of warts celandine As you know, warts (papillomas) are of viral origin. The virus that causes them may not appear for months when the person is healthy, but with weakening of immunity, increased sweating, microcracks, hormonal contraceptives or other unfavorable factors, it is activated and warts appear on the skin. It can happen at any age, as ..
Symptoms and manifestations Treatment of atheromaAtheroma is a small formation on the skin that can appear in various parts of the body. They are caused by the papilloma virus. Symptoms and manifestations of atheroma on the back - education, as a rule, secondary. The appearance is associated with blockage of the sebaceous ducts. As a result, a seal is formed in the free cavity, which is independent and mobile. Dimensions can ..
Contents Types of telangiectasias Causesdiseases Treatment of pathology Vascular asterisks on the body are telangiectasias, i.e. local expansion of capillaries. This phenomenon occurs as a result of loss of muscle tone of the vessels, or due to a violation of blood flow (hemodynamic disorders and stagnation). Most often, vascular sprouts on the body appear in open areas, but can occur throughout the body. Types of telangiectasies U ..
What is atheroma skin?symptoms Diagnosis of the disease Causes of the human body is a holistic mechanism, each element of which is in constant interaction with another. If the work of even one organ is disturbed, a failure can occur throughout the body. What is atheroma of the skin Skin diseases deliver a lot of trouble to a person. This affects both the functional and the ..
Copyright © 2013-2016 "Health and Medicine"
Any partial or complete copying of the materials of the site http://zdmedic.ru without the consent of the administration of the site is prohibited!
All trademarks and logos of companies used in texts are the property of their legal owners.