Implantation of teeth edema photo
Edema after implantation of teethIs a natural reaction of the body to damage to soft tissues and the introduction of a foreign body.
As a rule, the tumor is localized in the area of the implant.
Edema is formed as a result of the involvement of the immune reaction in the process.
The size of the edema depends on the individual characteristics of the organism, as well as on the degree of traumatization of the tissues during the implant installation.
- Usually, the tumor after implantation of the teeth manifests itself within two to three hours after the operation and increases by the third day.
- In the absence of complications in the postoperative period, puffiness occurs on the fifth - seventh day.
- Starting from the fourth day after implantation, the determining factor is the dynamics of the tumor.
- If the puffiness begins to subside, the postoperative period proceeds normally.
In case of swelling, you should immediately consult a doctor!
How to behave in the first days of the postoperative period
After the operation for one and a half days, it is necessary to apply cold to the place of the implant.
This is especially necessary if two or more implants were installed, and a sine lifting operation was performed.Photo: Applying an ice bladder when swelling to the implant site
- It can be like a bubble or an ice pack, and any container wrapped in a clean towel. In extreme cases, even frozen foods will do.
- Cold should be applied every 20 -30 minutes and kept for twenty minutes.
- The effect is worth the effort, because as a result, puffiness disappears much faster and does not cause significant inconvenience.
- To prevent the formation of the inflammatory process in the wound, it must be treated with a special dental paste prescribed by the doctor.
- Substances contained in such a paste, reduce inflammation, accelerate the processes of regeneration and remove the feeling of discomfort in the oral cavity.
- Within a week after the operation, you need to sleep on a high pillow, which will improve the outflow of blood, and thus will help reduce edema.
- You need to eat a liquid and semi-liquid food, which should not be acute or hot.
When to see a doctor
The reason for calling a doctor are the following points (see photo):
- Accumulation of edema at the site of tooth implantation.
- With prolonged, persistent puffiness, if other symptoms join, for example, hyperemia, blueing.
- If the temperature rises, soreness continues, there are bloody or purulent discharge from the wound.
- After eating, the mouth cavity should be rinsed with special solutions of antiseptics.
- Process seams with adhesive paste.
- Teeth located near the operating field should be treated with cotton buds, moistened in a solution of hydrogen peroxide (3%).
- Care for the rest of the teeth to exercise, as usual.
- Helps reduce swelling and accelerate healingdecoctions of marigold and chamomile. These plants have a bactericidal, anti-inflammatory and regenerative effect. They can be rinsed only one day after surgery.