Diuretic tea from swelling
Edema. Each third woman faces them, expecting the appearance of her baby. This condition is not only unpleasant, but also dangerous for the health of both mother and future child. As soon as edema becomes apparent (and in most pregnant women this occurs in the third trimester), you have to fight them with diuretics. Of course, they can not be used arbitrarily, without consulting a doctor. We hope that you not only know this rule, but also use it in your daily pregnant life.
Diuretics, or, as they are called,diuretics, are synthetic and natural. The first include medicines, the second - herbs and fruit-berries. All of them contribute to the excretion of urine from the body and reduce the content of fluid in the tissue. What is it for? At least in order to avoid some complications of pregnancy, like, say, gestosis. the signs of which are the appearance of edema. Moreover, swelling (especially the face) can indicate a kidney disease or a heart disease, which in any case should not be ignored during pregnancy. Sometimes swelling is difficult to detect visually, but they can be suspected if the weight of a pregnant woman increases at a rapid pace.
Diuretics, which can not be taken by pregnant women under any circumstances
To the preparations contraindicated for reception during pregnancy, carry the following:
- Viscaldix, Etacrynic acid, Aquaphor (Xipamid), Lazilactone, Triamteren.
- Theobromine - may cause fetal tachycardia.
- Drugs that have a diuretic effect, which can be taken under certain conditions and in extreme cases
- Dichlorothiazide (Hypothiazide) - retards calcium inorganism, causes allergic reactions, general weakness, dizziness. During pregnancy (in the first half is generally prohibited) is prescribed in very extreme cases and then only by a therapist or cardiologist.
- Furosemide (Lasix) blocks the reverse absorptionsodium in the kidney, increases the excretion of bicarbonates, phosphates, calcium, magnesium and potassium. It is forbidden to use in the first half of pregnancy, and in the second - in case of emergency and for a short time.
- Hypothiazide - may cause a fallblood pressure, thrombophlebitis, increased blood glucose and cholesterol levels, liver function disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, temporary deterioration of hearing and vision, weakness, blood disorders. In the first 4,5 months the drug can not be taken, then - on strict indications (only in a hospital).
Both Furosemide and Hypothiazide can cause hearing loss, impaired renal function, jaundice, and thrombocytopenia in a child.
- Cyclomethiazide, Oxodolin, Klopamid, Theophylline,Diacarb, Spironolactone, Bumetanide (Bufenox), Triamteren (pterofen) - in no case is prescribed in the first trimester of pregnancy. With regard to admission in the second and third trimesters, before prescribing one of these drugs, the doctor takes into account a number of factors: the general condition of the pregnant woman, the degree of edema, the causes that caused them. Also, the doctor compares the possible risk of taking a diuretic drug and the disease in the event that the drug is not prescribed.
Drugs approved for use in pregnant women
This group includes medicinal products made on the basis of plants. For example, this is:
- Kanefron (composition: herb of the golden-thousandths, the root of the lover, leaves of rosemary) possesses not only a diuretic, but also antiseptic, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory action. Allowed to receive at any stage of bearing the baby. Available in the form of drops and pills. Pregnant recommended is the tablet form, since the drops have alcohol in the composition.
- Phytolysin (composition: extracts of the root of parsley, rhizome rootgrass, grass horsetail, birch leaves, herrman's herb, mint, sage, pine, orange oil). Pregnant women can be taken, but you need to be certain that they have no acute inflammatory process in their kidneys.
- Euphyllin has a diuretic effect. Do not take it on an empty stomach, because there is a risk of intestinal disorders, the appearance of headaches. dizziness. The drug should not be taken with lower blood pressure, heart disease, epilepsy.
Best of all, if, faced with swelling,a woman will be able to cope with them without using medicines or even medicinal herbs. Many pregnant women in this help a salt-free diet, in which the use of salt or is generally excluded, or is reduced to a minimum. A very useful and tasty drink prepared from cranberries or cranberries can also help. For this, the berries must be rubbed with sugar and poured with water at room temperature. Take this fruit drink 3 times a day for half a cup of glass. You can also use a cowberry leaf (it should be brewed), but do not forget about the measure, because in large quantities such a decoction can only hurt.
In the list of permitted herbs that possessdiuretic effect and are not contraindicated during pregnancy: leaves of staminate orthosiphon, bear ears (bearberry leaf), horsetail, leaves and birch buds.
But! Remember that along with the allowed, there are forbidden diuretic plants, which for people who are in the ordinary, that is, nonpregnant, state are coping with their task perfectly. They include strawberry berries, juniper fruits (causes uterine contraction), parsley root (leads to the tone of the uterus).
Most experts are of the opinion,that diuretic tea during pregnancy is contraindicated, as it violates water-salt metabolism in the body, removes from it not only water, but also potassium, calcium, other micro- and macro-elements. In addition, the reception of such teas changes the acid-base balance. Nevertheless, if the woman had kidney problems before pregnancy, and the condition worsened while the baby is waiting, kidney teas are often prescribed to her.
We remind you that the use of this or that drug is prescribed, proceeding from each specific case. And it should only be done by a competent specialist, whom you trust.
Especially forberemennost.net - Olga Pavlova