Swelling of the mammary gland causes
Breast swelling may be troublingsymptom of the disease, and may be a consequence of malnutrition, stress, or medication. In each case, it is necessary to establish the cause of swelling of the mammary glands, and if necessary, consult a specialist. Timely treatment can prevent many diseases and the development of pathological changes in breast tissue.
Most often swelling of the mammary glandsbefore monthly. This is due to hormonal changes. In the second phase of the menstrual cycle, the level of progesterone changes, which is the cause of swelling of the mammary glands. If everything is in order in the body, the balance is restored and the swelling goes away. If swelling of the breast before menstruation is accompanied by severe pain, small seals are felt, which disappear with the onset of menstruation, this is the reason for contacting a specialist. Just as a worrying sign is the swelling of the mammary glands after menstruation, which may indicate both a disease and severe hormonal disorders. For example, one of the early symptoms of mastopathy can be an increase in the mammary glands before and after menstruation, accompanied by the formation of small seals.
1. The cause of swelling of the mammary glands in girls can become the maturation of genital organs andhormonal changes accompanying this process. When the menstrual cycle is established and the hormonal balance is restored, swelling is noted only on certain days of the cycle. If there is swelling and pain in the chest, it is better not to rush to write off this for age changes, and consult a mammologist.
2. Swelling of the mammary glands during pregnancy is a normal process. Increased production of hormones, due to which the growth of the breast. In the first trimester swelling brings the greatest discomfort. In the first days after birth, there is also a sharp jump in breast growth, but after the completion of breastfeeding, the swelling is gone. The cause for concern may be dark discharge from the nipple, severe pain, the appearance of seals.
3. The retention of fluid in the mammary gland also leads to swelling and a sense of discomfort. The cause of fluid stagnation may be hormonal changes, but as a rule, if the swelling is not associated with the menstrual cycle, then you need to pay attention to nutrition and lifestyle. Excessive consumption of caffeinated beverages, salted and fatty foods, lack of exercise can cause fluid retention.
4. Also the cause of swelling of the mammary glands due to fluid stagnation and circulation disordersblood in the chest can be wearing a bra that does not fit the size, with rigid inserts or bones. Linen should be comfortable, free, not cause feelings of discomfort and compression.
5. Taking certain medications can also cause certain changes in the body, accompanied by swelling of the breast. If there is a correlation between the use of drugs and the increase in mammary glands, then it is necessary to consult with your doctor. In such cases, diuretics may be prescribed to remove fluid from the body.
6. Hormonal contraceptives can cause swelling of the mammary glands. In this case, you need to consult a gynecologist.
7. Swelling of mammary glands in newborns is quite common. Hormones of the mother get through the placenta to the child, which calls the hormonal crisis in children. TO the beginning of the third week, the swelling disappears. At the same time, compresses, squeezing and other procedures are contraindicated. The swelling of the mammary glands in a newborn boy or girl does not affect the further formation of the organism and is not dangerous. If swelling of the breast is accompanied by redness, painful sensations, and other symptoms, then you should immediately consult a doctor, as this may be a sign of mastitis.
The state of the breast largely depends on the activityof the whole organism. Painful swelling of the breast for no apparent reason can be a signal that will allow to establish the disease in time and bring the organism in order.