Cervical foot swelling and treatment
Very often, when coming home and taking off our shoes, wenotice swelling of the soles of the feet. The reasons for this phenomenon will be discussed in this article. Usually we explain it simply to ourselves - usual fatigue, especially since in the morning from it and the trace has caught a cold. However, if such cases occur all the time, then it's time to ask: "Why do the feet swell?" This is what we will talk about in this article.
Household causes of edema
- Most often, foot swelling occurs in women. And this is not surprising, because the fair sex lovers like beautiful and effective shoes with heels, forgetting that it is not always convenient. But what can not you do to cause admiration? The ideal heel height for daily wearing is 5-6 centimeters.
- A sedentary lifestyle, sedentary work. Stagnation of blood and muscle immobility leads to edema.
- Pregnancy. During this period of the woman's life swelling of the feet, the causes of which may not be associated with any diseases, is a frequent occurrence. There is a restructuring of the body and increases the burden on the legs, including blood vessels, worsening blood circulation.
- Long walking. If you walked half the city on foot or stood in line for several hours, then you should not be surprised at the swollen feet.
Unfortunately, the foot swelling of the feet can also have a medical nature. Swelling of the extremities may be due to:
- trauma to the foot or ankle (dislocation, sprain, puncture);
- problems in the work of the cardiovascular system;
- problems in the functioning of the lymphatic system, as a result of which accumulation of liquids takes place in organs and tissues;
- the appearance of thrombi, blood clots;
- venous insufficiency;
- incorrect work of the kidneys;
- impaired liver function;
- the adoption of antibiotics (hormones, steroids, antidepressants and other medications).
What to do with swelling?
If the feet are swollen, the reasons can be the mostdifferent. As mentioned earlier, they can be related either to impaired functioning of the body, or to a lifestyle and habits. Pay attention to swelling should be if:
- they occur constantly;
- are accompanied by other symptoms (redness, fever, low back pain, and so on).
Self-medication is not recommended in such situations. The most reasonable and correct decision will be to see a doctor who will help you to identify the cause of edema and help her to eliminate it.
If swelling of the soles of the feet, the reasons for which weexamined earlier, occurred due to wearing high heels, it is worth revising their attitude towards them and make a choice in favor of comfortable shoes. If on duty you have to spend most of your working time in a sitting position, find a way to periodically somehow mash your legs (for example, during a lunch break you can make walks). And in the evening, after work, use special creams and lotions that will help to relax your legs and return them the previous tone.