Modern researchers have confirmedstatements of ancient authors about the exceptional usefulness of beets. Moreover, they have proved that this is a unique vegetable, which for human nutrition can not be replaced by any other.
Hippocrates also recognized the healing properties of beets. In ancient times, she was treated for skin inflammation and infectious diseases. A doctor Paracelsus successfully treated blood diseases, including iron deficiency anemia.
Beetroot was brought to us from Byzantium inthe era of Kievan Rus. Since then, it has become a familiar, everyday meal. Root beet root has a round or elongated-conical shape of dark red color. On the cut, clear rings are clearly visible.
This vegetable is simply saturated with useful ingredients, the set of which is not found in other fruits. Especially they are rich in root crops. It contains:
- vitamins B, PP, C,
- amino acids (betaine, arginine, valine, lysine, etc.)
- mineral substances (iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, iodine, zinc, sulfur, copper, etc.)
- acids: pantothenic and folic, apple, lemon, oxalic,
- a lot of fiber.
The leaves and stems include vitamin A in large quantities.
Beets differ from other vegetables preserving many beneficial properties in cooked root vegetables. This is due to the low sensitivity to heating of mineral salts and B vitamins.
Root crop contains carbohydrates in huge quantities. A rare vegetable culture can "boast" of high levels (up to 25%) of fructose, sucrose, glucose.
100 g of vegetables are:
Healing properties of beets were discovered a very long time ago. Thanks to the unique biochemical composition of beet, when it is used, the organism becomes better.
- Improves digestion, chronic diseases disappearconstipation. Fiber and organic acids regulate metabolic processes, enhance the motor ability of the intestine. In addition to mechanical exposure to fiber, with the help of pectin substances, beet cleanses the intestines by the destruction of putrefactive bacteria.
- Adjusted fat metabolism. The betaine (lipotropic substance) present in the beet prevents the accumulation of fats in the liver cells. And these qualities betain equally manifests in hot borscht, and in fresh juice. According to some studies, betaine slows the formation of a malignant tumor and increases energy.
- Reduced manifestations of hypertension, atherosclerosis due to the large amount of magnesium in the vegetable. To improve the condition with hypertension, it is useful to take beetroot juice with honey.
- Increases hemoglobin, improves the work of the heart, strengthens the capillaries, cleanses the blood (all this thanks to vitamin B9). From the beet juice dissolve thrombi, and cleared the gallbladder.
- Iodine, which is part of the beetroot, is simply a champion inquantity among other root crops. It increases the use of beet in diseases of the thyroid gland deficient in iodine, as well as in atherosclerosis, especially in the elderly.
- Stimulates the work of the brain. Its vessels are affected by beet nitrates, activating the blood circulation.
- Psychological health is maintained at a good level.
- Fresh beet juice is very effective at the beginning of the common cold. With a cold, a good result is instillation of two or three drops into each nostril.
- Premature aging is prevented. The presence of folic acid in the beet has a rejuvenating effect, since it promotes the formation of young cells.
Protective properties of the vegetable allow the body to withstand the effects of heavy and radioactive metals.
With angina, it is useful to rinse the throat with a mixture (1 st.) And vinegar (1 tbsp.).
Headaches ease the beet leaves. They should be applied to the forehead and temples.
Harmful properties and contraindications
Despite the huge benefits of beets for health, there are a number of restrictions for its use. Vegetables can be harmful if there are diseases:
- Diabetes mellitus - in the beet is a large sugar content.
- Gastritis (if acidity is increased) - beet helps to increase acidity.
- Osteoporosis - a vegetable prevents the body from absorbing calcium.
- Stones in the urinary tract - due to the presence of oxalic acid in the root crop.
- Diarrhea - in connection with the pronounced laxative effect of beets.
- Low blood pressure - the substances that make up the vegetable cause a drop in blood pressure.
- Propensity to allergy - in very rare cases, beets can cause swelling of the nasopharynx, skin rashes, an increase in the size of the lymph nodes.
Helpful advice! If you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis or gout, it is better to refrain from taking fresh beet juice.
Beets are a non-waste root crop. It is used completely for cooking. Leaves and fruits go to the first dishes:
From the stems, marinated for the winter, a vitamin salad is prepared. It is useful to soak the beet tops in wine vinegar. In autumn, the green contains more useful components than in root crops.
In raw or boiled form, beets (and tops) go to a variety of salads and vinaigrettes, seasoned with vegetable oil (mayonnaise). Very popular with us is herring "under coat".
A salad brush is very popular. In the same proportions mixed grated beets with carrots and white cabbage. Refueling in the form of olive oil.
Today in restaurants you can meet exotic beet dishes:
- ice cream,
- Sorbet (ice cream without dairy products),
- original and very tasty salads.
How to choose beets correctly
In order not to be mistaken in the choice of beets, it is necessary to know certain subtleties that distinguish a ripe vegetable:
- dense, without damage, root crop,
- The presence of green shoots at the base serves as a sign of a young beet,
- color in the interval between red and maroon.
Beetroot in medicine and cosmetology
There are many national recipes,using a variety of medicinal qualities of beets. It is part of the dietary meals that are prescribed for the treatment of tuberculosis. You can find many diets for weight loss, including beets. Due to its low calorie content and the ability to remove liquid, it helps to fight obesity.
Its external use is common. Beets are introduced into masks and compresses for ulcers, cracks, pimples.
For refreshing a complexion, it is recommended in gratedBeetroot (glass) add half of the apple. This is an excellent supper, replacing expensive procedures that restore the skin. It is this combination of anthocyanins (in beet) with organic acids (in apple) that improves the nutrition of skin cells, so that the face acquires a bright color.
A special place in dietary nutrition is given to freshly squeezed beet juice. All the benefits of beet are concentrated in it.
Attention! With the increase in the therapeutic effect of beet juice,grow and its negative manifestations. First, before using it, be sure to familiarize yourself with the list of diseases in which the beets are harmful. Secondly, the intake of beet juice requires compliance with certain rules specified above.
Beets will never be superfluous on the table. Among plant products, it occupies a special place, replenishing the human body with the necessary natural substances. To its use was only good, and harm minimized, it should be reasonable to include it in your diet and do not use much if you have health problems.
Beet juice is very useful (if notcontraindications). The most useful juice is obtained from red beets that do not have white veins. But because of its saturation it is better to combine it with carrot juice. Ratio: one part of the beet juice is 10 parts carrot. Gradually, the mass of beet juice should be increased to half a glass.
First, beets are squeezed out. First, the beet juice is left in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours in an open dish. This destroys harmful compounds. After the specified time, squeeze the carrots, and combine the juices.
Beet juice is often brewed with boiled water.
Very useful raw beets asnatural laxative. But in order to avoid problems with the gastrointestinal tract, it should be in small portions. And even better to grate, let stand a little. It is useful to mix with other vegetables.
Beet's presence in rations is mandatorypregnant women. Folic acid is vital both at the stage of pregnancy planning, and at its beginning. It plays a significant role in the formation of the child's healthy nervous system. In a state of pregnancy, constipation often occurs, with which the beet effectively fights.
Women who are breastfeeding and pregnant should not forget about baked beets, which improve the supply of oxygen to tissues. In this case, more benefit will be from cooking a vegetable in a double boiler.
It is also important to know the women! When menstruating, they also should not avoid beets. Because of the large amount of iron, it helps to restore blood loss and counteracts anemia.
We read this article:
- What are the useful properties ... It's hard to meet a person who does not know about the benefits of carrots. She is given an honorable place in the beds. Root crop, ...
- Black currant Currant has always acted as a kind of symbol of the Russian manor. Its useful properties, pleasant taste and aroma, ...
- Pumpkin Unfortunately, many healthy vegetables, grown in the central part of Russia, have not received wide distribution. TO…