Itchy swelling in the intimate zone in women
Itching and burning of the genitals are the equivalent of pain and are caused by irritation of sensitive nerve endings.
These signs reflect the pathological state of the reproductive system in isolation and of the whole organism in particular.
Itching is a condition in which a woman constantly or periodically has a desire to comb out this or that area.
Burning sensation is a special feeling, accompanied by a sensation of heat.
Possible causes of the delicate problem
In women, itching and burning in the intimate zone can be associated with the following causative factors:
- 1) Inflammatory processes of the external genital organs (vaginitis, vulvitis, bartholinitis, colpitic cervicitis, adnexitis, etc.).
- 2) If the feeling of itching and burning is accompanied bywhite curdled discharge, then it is possible to diagnose a yeast infection, see a photo of a yeast infection in women. If the discharge is a yellowish shade, it may be trichomoniasis. or other STIs.
- 3) When the discharge with the smell of rotten fish,grayish white - this is bacterial vaginosis. he is most often caused by gardnerella (see Gardnerella in women). The development of this disease leads to dysbacteriosis of the vagina.
- 4) The pathology of the liver, in which its function is violated, which leads to the accumulation of toxic substances in the body, which have an irritant effect on the nerve receptors (hepatic cirrhosis).
- 5) Helminthiases - worms stimulate the release of mediators (biologically active substances) that can provoke itching.
- 6) If there are painful eruptions, it is possible that this is genital herpes.
- 7) Without excreta and odorless. Various dermatitis. as a consequence of wearing synthetic fabrics, irritating shaving of an intimate place or the presence of other provoking factors.
- 8) Allergic reaction. which can develop into medicines or some foods.
- 9) Neuropsychic diseases.
- 10) Diseases of the glands of internal secretion, including sex.
- 11) Dystrophic processes of the external genitalia, developing against a background of a decreased level of estrogens (most often this is the main cause of itching and burning during the menopause).
- 12) Kraurosis - dystrophy and atrophy of the external genital organs (vagina, small labia and clitoris).
Treatment of itching and burning in the intimate area
Before you understand how to treat itching and burning inintimate zone, a woman will need to conduct a number of additional research methods. They will allow to find out the reason which has led to occurrence of these signs. Therefore, the survey program is as follows:
- general clinical analysis of urine and blood;
- determination of blood sugar level;
- determination of the level of bilirubin, hepatic enzymes, total protein, which reflect the liver;
- bacteriological examination of vaginal discharge;
- cytological examination of smears;
- determination of the level of estrogens in the blood;
- biopsy and histological examination;
- polymerase chain reaction for the detection of urogenital infections.
Inflammatory diseases external genitalia should be treated in two stages:
- 1) At the first appoint antibiotics complex action in local dosage forms.
- 2) The second shows the use ofprobiotic drugs, which allow to restore the normal biocenosis of the vagina. Useful lactobacilli perform the protective function of the genital organs from pathogenic microorganisms.
In the future, on their background, favorable conditions for the life of lactobacilli are created. The drugs that contain them are prescribed only after the course of estrogen therapy.
If a marked epithelial dysplasia is detectedor cancer in situ, then surgical treatment is indicated. Its volume is a vulvectomy, that is, the removal of the vulva. With dysplasia, laser surgery or cryosurgery is permissible at the first stage, and if they are ineffective, then they resort to vulvectomy.
See also, treatment of itching in the vagina without secretions and odor.
Preventive measures for itching and burning in the intimate zone are as follows:
- timely treatment of genital organs diseases
- regular visit to a gynecologist (once a year at least)
- treatment of background pathological processes - correction of diabetes mellitus. liver diseases, etc.
- prevention of climacteric disorders
- observance of personal hygiene rules
- exclusion of casual sexual relations, etc.
Nail fungus is afraid of this as fire! If in cool water.
Varicose veins disappear in a few days! You just need to spread your feet once a day.