Edema of the lip after tooth extraction
After tooth extraction in an empty well, aa blood clot. A full blood clot is a pledge of fast, painless and successful healing of the socket. Therefore, care must be taken to avoid the clot from dropping out of the well. To do this, make sure that the child follows the following recommendations.
RECOMMENDATIONS AFTER REMOVING THE TOOTH IN THE CHILD
1. During the first 3 days after the removal, one should not rinse the mouth intensively and, if possible, do not spit, a vacuum is formed in the mouth, which can lead to the displacement of the clot.
2. A swab that has been left in the oral cavity by the doctor after the removal is spit in 20 minutes, do not eat until the anesthesia has ended.
3. Ensure that the child does not bite the lip and cheek in the area of anesthesia to avoid injury to the mucous membrane.
4. In the first 3 days, refrain from hot food.
5. Do not take dairy products for three days.
6. During 5-7 days, refrain from occupations that require significant physical exertion.
7. Do not heat the area of the removed tooth and do not apply compresses.
8. Refrain from visiting the sauna, sauna, gym, pool for 5 days. If the removal was difficult, in the next 24 hours you need to eat liquid and soft foods. Chew the food on the side opposite to the removal.
9. Be sure to brush your teeth with a soft brush, including in the area of removal, trying not to injure the hole. The more carefully monitor the hygiene of the site of removal, the faster it will heal. Gently rinse your mouth of food leftovers after each meal with chilled boiled water. Take care that the child does not pick the hole with toothpicks or matches!
10. You should carefully take all the medicines prescribed for your child by the treating doctor.
WHAT IS NORMAL AND SHOULD NOT CAUSE YOUR CONCERN
1. In the first few hours after tooth extraction, the gum may be sore and swollen. Edema is well removed by ice, which is applied to the cheek, ice also reduces pain.
2. There may be an edema. The maximum swelling develops on the third day. There may be bruises. Edema and bruises will pass by themselves.
3. The pain symptom is normal after any surgical intervention, it is necessary to use painkillers as prescribed by the doctor, 1-1.5 hours after removal and then every 4-6 hours.
4. A slight bleeding is normal during the first hours after surgery, the saliva may be pinkish for several days. If continued bleeding occurs on the first day or any bleeding on the second day, consult a doctor.
5. The corners of the mouth can become dry and cracked. Moisturize them with ointment. Perhaps an exacerbation of herpes. The throat may be slightly sore and the temperature may rise.
6. The child will not be able to open his mouth wide for three days after removal.
SYMPTOMS OF COMPLICATIONS IN THE EARLY POSTOPERATIVE PERIOD WHICH YOU SHOULD URGENTLY CONTACT THE DOCTOR:
1. Strong and prolonged pain, not removed by anesthetics.
2. Continued more than 12 hours of bleeding, heavy bleeding in the first 12 hours with a lot of scarlet blood.
3. Numbness of the upper and lower jaws, lasting more than 2 days after the end of the operation.
4. Severe swelling, making it difficult to swallow and open the mouth.
5. The temperature is more than 38 ° C.