Swelling of the feet during pregnancy how to fight
Swelling during pregnancy
A rare future mother does not complain that timefrom time, her face and legs swell. If swelling becomes permanent, accompanied by fatigue and excessive weight gain, you can talk about dropsy pregnant - the first, the easiest stage of toxicosis of late pregnancy.
Increased blood pressure and appearanceprotein in the urine indicate the next stage of gestosis - nephropathy. If treatment is not started at this stage, the woman and the fetus may be threatened with dangerous conditions - preeclampsia and eclampsia. The risk group includes women suffering from hypertension, endocrine disorders, kidney pathology.
Most often, edema occurs at the end of the 2nd - the beginning of the 3rd trimester. The first sign of fluid retention in the body is a feeling of tightness of the rings and shoes. First, the feet and shins swell, the face and fingershands, then thighs, external genitals and abdominal wall. Diagnosis is simple: when pressing on the skin in edematous tissues there is a dimpled trace, which disappears not immediately.
You can not force yourself to suffer from thirst and drastically reduce your fluid intake: this can lead to the opposite effect - the body will even more actively store water for future use. Important: try to avoid taking diureticsmedicines. And in any case do not self-medicate! After consultation with your doctor, choose folk diuretics: cranberry or cranberry mors, tea with lemon without sugar, decoction from leaves of bearberry, corn stigmas or kidney tea (orthosiphon).
Take a glass of dried rose hips, brew in a thermos - this sour drink perfectly quenches thirst and, in addition, is rich in vitamins.
How to deal with swelling during pregnancy:
- Constantly monitor three indicators - weight gain, blood pressure and urinalysis (there should be no protein in it).
- In the 2nd trimester, drink no more than 1.5 liters of water per day, gaining another 1 liter of liquid from soups, yoghurts, vegetables and fruits. In the 3rd trimester the total volume of the liquid should not exceed 1.2 liters. You can not force yourself to be tormented by thirst. Drink followed by small sips and small portions.
- In later pregnancy reduceconsumption of salt to 4-5 grams per day. Choose salt with a lower sodium content. Do not forget that a lot of "unaccounted" salt is contained in chips, sausage, frozen semi-finished products and soups from bags.
- Dried apricots, decoction of raisins, green apples, blackcurrants, pumpkins, carrots and beets have a mild diuretic effect. Arrange for unloading days, for example, apple (6-8 apples a day), once a week.
- Move more: swim, slowly walk at least 2 hours a day, do uncomplicated gymnastics.
- Look after your feet. Raise them when sitting or lying, substituting a low ottoman or placing a roller under your feet. At the end of the day, arrange a cool 20-minute foot bath, then thoroughly rub your feet with a washcloth.
- Try not to linger in excessively stuffy,heated premises and do not overuse warm things: high temperature provokes the appearance of swelling. Sleep with an open window and often ventilate the rooms.