Swelling of the legs with varicose veins
Varicose veins - how much in this in the word. The words of the classic are not about the disease, but those who suffer from it, will sigh in understanding. Ugly blue vignettes on beautiful legs, sometimes unbearable burning, pain when walking and very palpable moral discomfort - such "pleasures" are more than enough to reflect on the causes, measures to prevent an unpleasant illness. Plus, the most important, perhaps, question is how to treat the protruding veins on your legs. By the way, this issue was tried to solve still such lights of medicine as Avicenna and Hippocrates.
Varicose veins on the legs
This ailment has the spoken name "varix", thatin Latin means "knot". Outwardly protruding vessels and the truth resemble a cluster of nodules. They appear with irreversible lengthening of the veins with simultaneous expansion. The walls become more and more thin, with fairly crude metamorphosis, leading to thinning. In parallel, there are irregularities in the operation of the valves.
Unfortunately, the visible veins on the legs are visiblevery many people, and the phenomenon occurs more often at a fairly young age from 30 to 40 years. Modern professions are mostly connected with work at the computer, and physicians have long proven a directly proportional relationship between time spent in a sitting position and the risk of developing the disease in question.
Varicose veins on the legs - causes
The main condition for the development of varicose veinsveins on the legs - violations of the normal course of blood in the vessels. Such an anomaly can be caused by reasons from a very impressive list compiled by specialists.
- Various neoplasms, for example, thrombi or tumors, are able to prevent free flow of blood from the heart.
- The veins on the legs are aching because of the uprightness. When a woman is in a standing position for a long time (hairdresser, salesman), this negatively affects the condition of blood vessels.
- A sedentary lifestyle, sedentary workincrease the risk of developing the disease, because they significantly provoke circulatory disorders. In recent years, even a term such as "computer varicose veins" has appeared.
- Genetic predisposition received fromthe older generation, can manifest itself at the earliest, infancy. Hereditary varicose can be prevented only by carefully following the recommendations for its prevention.
- Failures in the work of hormonal and / or endocrinesystems are inherent in a greater degree to women. Violations often become the culprits of blood stagnation. The periods that require the most close attention are pubertal age, pregnancy, postpartum time. Especially dangerous in this respect is menopause - suffering ladies turn to doctors with the indicated problem three times more often than usual.
This trend is associated with a significant shortage ofthe female body of estrogens, hormones, over which the hormone of the yellow body dominates. Many scientists believe that it relaxes the muscles, creating conditions for the expansion of veins. If this risk factor is released from the species, then the development of the disease will result in the need for a surgical operation on the veins on the legs.
- Nervous work, constant stress in life cause an increase in pressure, which provokes a loss of tonus of the lumen of blood vessels.
- Similarly, on nerve endings,located in the venous walls and affecting their elasticity, alcohol, various toxins. This leads to the fact that the gap with the disturbed tone begins to expand.
- The intake of hormonal drugs very often contributes to the appearance of unaesthetic patterns on the feet of girls and women.
- Increased venous pressure due to excess obesity - a direct path to the risk group.
- Wearing fashionable and stylish stockings with fashionable womentaut elastic bands, despite all the warnings of doctors, continues to be considered one of the common culprits of the disease. After all, gummed into the body of a gum really very significantly disrupt the blood circulation in a woman.
Moreover, the case can reach the appearance of refluxes - pathological currents of blood from veins, located deep, into surface vessels.
- The work of venous valves is disrupted when a person constantly performs heavy, physical work, sneezes or coughs. Because of this, the veins on the legs ache, and the cause is an increase in abdominal pressure.
All these factors eventually lead todisruption of the normal operation of the valves, restraining the reverse current to the normal, occurring from the bottom up, against the force of gravity. Because of it, the stagnation of blood in the legs begins, the veins overstretch, the blood pressure becomes more intense. Under the action of these moments, the vessels dilate, simultaneously becoming thinner. And then there is very little step for the development of a serious enough disease.
Varicose veins on the legs - symptoms
Beginning varicose veins on the legsthe symptoms are sufficiently easily recognizable, therefore, with careful consideration of a woman, she is able to take emergency measures to prevent further progress of the disease.
1. Many are not by hearsay familiar with the swelling of the legs to the end of the working day. The most elementary sign - suddenly become tight shoes. By the morning, after a good rest, this effect passes, so that again about yourself remind unpleasant sensations.
2. Another highly recognizable symptom is the feeling of a cannonball, chained to shackles. It, along with the feeling of bursting in the calf muscles, is manifested after a fairly long work, sitting at the computer or desk. If you warm up, walk on foot and relax, then by the morning of this effect there will be no trace, although then everything will return.
3. After the first "swallows" a woman will get acquainted with the hot sensations in the calves, when the veins on the legs are visible, and in the literal sense of the word. This symptom is felt just like subcutaneous heat.
4. The next warning will be more and more emerging at night cramps, which reduce the calf muscles in a fairly sensitive pain.
5. The smallest vascular inclusions under the skin of the legs in the form of "stars" of blue-red color can not be noticed at first, but if alongside with them the intradermal veins penetrating dark blue are not visible, it is already impossible to not pay attention to this symptom.
6. The final touch to the unattractive picture of developing varicose are clearly discernible clusters of "grapes" of an expanding blood vessel.
If you persist in not paying attention to all the listedsigns and do not start treatment of the veins on the legs, then the place of the affected area may appear eczema. The neglected state of the disease is accompanied by a change in skin color (pigmentation), the appearance of seals (induction), a disturbance in the nutrition of the epidermis.
Varicose veins on the legs - diagnosis
If a woman watches at least one of herof the listed symptoms, even if she simply can easily feel under the skin a blood-saturated vein, then she needs an urgent examination from a phlebologist - that's the name for a specialist on such diseases of blood vessels.
To save the veins on the legs is a cure, like a visit todoctor, delay in any case impossible - no proof that the success and speed of treatment depends on the timeliness of treatment and the promptness of the measures taken. In addition, it is possible to prevent the appearance of very unpleasant complications.
At the first stage of diagnosis, the doctor conductsvisual inspection, palpation of the affected area. Then the stage of instrumental examination begins. Usually phlebologist gives direction to ultrasound dopplography.
In cases where diagnosis is difficult, there areany problems in the diagnosis, the doctor recommends and radiopaque method, as an option - radionuclide. The principle of such a study is based on the introduction of a certain kind of substances into the bloodstream, and monitoring how they are distributed through the veins.
After the final establishment of varicose veinsthe veins on the legs should be treated immediately. At this point, the patient should act without excessive self-activity, strictly fulfilling the appointment of a phlebologist.
Varicose veins on the legs - treatment
The main question: if the veins hurt on the legs - what to do? There are two well-known treatment groups for varicose veins.
Surgical methods of treatment of varicose veins on the legs
Phlebectomy. It occurs in several successive stages - first, the culprit of reflux is removed, using anastomosis (sapheno-femoral or safenolithal). Then, remove the main subcutaneous vein. The next stage also involves the removal, but already expanded inflows of the affected vessel. And it ends with the removal of the reverse current in the perforated inconsistent veins.
Sclerotherapy. With this method, a "gluing" blood vessel is injected into the vein. A similar method for the removal of veins affected by varicose veins is performed in individual cases with the strictest control by ultrasound.
Radiofrequency coagulation. The small operation, called ablation, is aimed at stopping the reflux occurring in the subcutaneous vein (large and / or small). Local anesthesia is used, the need for hospitalization of the patient is then absent. The incisions during radiofrequency coagulation are not performed, it is performed under full ultrasound control.
Laser coagulation. A minimally invasive method of treatment with a laser beam, in which a sick woman needs to stay in a hospital to solve a problem, is not necessary. This surgical intervention does not require even incisions.
Conservative treatment of varicose veins
Ladies should remember that this group of waysis not opposed to the previous one. Conservative treatment is the main one in only one case - surgeon intervention is not desirable for good reasons. It is impossible to completely get rid of varicose veins in such ways, but it is possible to significantly stabilize the condition of the diseased and very significantly reduce the rate of the disease if you follow the doctor's recommendations.
The methods of this group are aimed at preserving the working capacity of the sick woman, preventing repeated diseases (relapses), improving the conditions in which the patient is.
The methods of conservative treatment are used for the following purposes:
- preparation of patients who very strongly started the course of the disease, to surgical intervention;
- if it is impossible to prescribe a surgical operation for medical contraindications.
With the help of squeezing, they tried to treat a sore moreancient times. This is proved by archaeologists who repeatedly found during excavations the remnants of elastic bandages, for example, from the skin of dogs. They were pulled together by the Roman legionaries to spawn caviar in long voyages to prevent swelling of the calves and their soreness.
The compression method is the key to conservative treatment. Its effects:
- due to contraction, the diameter of the veins close to the surface becomes much smaller;
- elimination of the reverse current (reflux) or at least its decrease by several times;
- Increase the speed of blood flow through deeper veins;
- decrease in the volume of accumulated blood in the lower parts of the legs;
- improving the quality of lymphatic drainage.
Most often used in this method of treatmentCompression jersey or the elastic bands that are habitual for most people. It is important to properly apply the compression tape, if there are protruding veins on the legs, and for knitwear - correctly and accurately pick the right size.
With the help of medicines prescribedphlebologist, in the patient the elasticity of the venous walls increases, the permeability of the capillaries decreases. Another important result is improving the quality of lymphatic drainage. With the help of drugs, it is really possible to stop possible inflammation, improve microcirculation.
Regardless of the treatment methods prescribed by the doctor, a woman should not forget about the need to lead an active, healthy lifestyle.
Varicose veins on the legs - when the operation is shown
Surgical intervention with varicose veinsthe disease is aimed at improving direct blood flow through deep veins and eliminating the reverse. To prevent pathological changes in surrounding tissues, the operation should be performed as soon as possible. Among the testimony to her are:
- significant expansion of veins under the skin;
- signs of trophic ulcers that do not respond to conventional treatment;
- symptoms of severe blood flow disorders (swelling, severity, even if there are no visual signs of varicose veins);
Varicose veins on the legs - treatment with folk remedies
Some patients prefer treatment inhospital treatment at home veins on the legs. Usually the basis of "magic" recipes from grandmothers and gobies are medicinal herbs and improvised products.
1. Puree from potatoes. You can grate the peeled potatoes. The resulting mass rub the sore spot on the legs. After the pain decreases (after about 3-4 hours), rinse the gruel with warm water.
2. Ointment from dandelions. To weld the washed up roots of a dandelion, to grind them with pork fat to a creamy mass. Put in the refrigerator and apply to the diseased veins.
3. Infusion of Kalanchoe. Wash the leaves to add up to half a can (1 liter), add 70% alcohol, insist 2 weeks in a dark place, shaking daily. Then, before going to bed, lubricate the feet and feet with this infusion. In a complex state, it takes about 4 months for a significant improvement.
But no matter how medically treated the veins on the legs may seem remarkable, it should not be used without consulting your physician to avoid deterioration.
Varicose veins on the legs - prevention
Prevention of varicose veins on the legs is a whole system of simple, but effective measures, methods.
1. Compliance with the optimal alternation of work and rest.
2. Exception in the sitting position of the postures, preventing normal blood circulation - crossed legs, "foot on foot", etc.
3. Frequent change of positions during forced long sitting is sufficient.
4. Absence in the wardrobe of things, linen, which squeeze the body in the waist, hips, inguinal zone, etc.
5. Wearing your favorite high-end studs and narrow noses on shoes only on holidays, and not very long.
6. Frequent walking tours in comfortable shoes, sports slippers, sneakers, etc.
7. Compliance with a diet based on a healthy, healthy diet, so you can avoid constipation, which increases the pressure of blood circulation in the pelvic area.
To the same simple but effective measures for the prevention of varicose veins on the legs include:
- placing during rest of feet above the level of the heart by about 16-21 cm;
- transition to a healthy lifestyle without smoking and other bad habits;
- control of excessive weight;
- reception for a day to 1.5-2 liters of water, including third meals.
Also, for prevention, it is recommended to avoid prolonged exposure to bright sunlight, visiting high-temperature saunas, taking too hot baths.