Swelling of the feet in pregnancy
Perhaps even men know that duringpregnancy in a woman certainly begin to hurt your legs. Still would! To carry with him every day a heavy tummy at the end of the term becomes simply exhausting. In addition, the center of gravity during pregnancy is shifted, which also gives a load on the legs. To tolerate this feeling is certainly difficult and unpleasant, but often women unjustifiably ignore obsessive pains, believing that everyone passes through this, and there is no other way out. This is a wrong approach, because leg pain can be the cause of a serious illness.
Why do legs hurt in pregnant women?
- The weight of a woman is constantly increasing.
- The center of gravity shifts and the load on the legs increases.
- Pulsating pain and swelling of the legs are usually caused by excessive accumulation of fluid in the body of a woman.
- Growing nails on the legs during pregnancy can also cause discomfort. Most often, this is due to the tight shoes worn by future women in labor.
- Seizures may occur due to increased volumeblood and high levels of progesterone in the blood during pregnancy. Also, it is typical when there is a lack of calcium or iron in the body, with anemia. excess coffee consumption. As a rule, his legs are wracked at night. Especially suffer from this are pregnant at a later date.
- Constant aching pain in the legs, especially after prolonged standing or walking, is usually associated with varicose veins.
Varicose veins very often becomea companion of pregnancy. Even if you have never suffered from such a problem before, become pregnant, you automatically fall into a risk group. Since you have a general system of blood circulation with your child, varicose veins can lead to malnutrition of fetal oxygen. After all, it is from your blood that the child receives all substances important for life. Therefore, the sooner you take the necessary measures, the better will be both of you. To learn varicosity at pregnancy it is easy: legs or foots constantly ache and hurt (especially after a long standing or walking); burning, tingling, itching, fatigue and heaviness in the legs; there are edemas and vascular networks; disturbing the night muscle cramps.
How to prevent or relieve leg pain during pregnancy?
- Drink plenty of water. Edema increases when the body is dehydrated.
- Reduce the amount of salt consumed so that water does not stay in the body.
- Adhere to a balanced diet, where, necessarily, must be included foods high in protein (beans, cheese, fish, meat). Watch your weight. Adding more weight during pregnancy than recommended by a doctor can increase edema on the legs.