Swelling of the legs in the thigh area
Pain in the hip area. Causes of pain in the hip area.
Often, patients feel a dull diffuse pain in the depth of the thigh. This raises suspicion:
• on the already mentioned osteoid osteoma or sarcoma of the thigh:
• condition after vein thrombosis (only occasionallyaccompanied by edema), during which one-or two-sided pain occurs during walking, which quickly disappears in the prone position with raised legs (leg), - venous intermittent claudication. Less frequently, the shin area is also involved in the process.
Pain localized on the front surface of the thigh. If it has a burning character, it decreases with flexion of the thigh and is accompanied by a sensitivity disturbance in the palm-sized region on the anterior anterior surface of the thigh, this testifies to the compression syndrome of the external cutaneous nerve of the thigh - the paresthetic meralgia. The pain usually grows in the unbending position in the hip joint and decreases in the flexion position.
Sharp "tearing" pain on the front surface of the thigh, which is accompanied by the paresis of the quadriceps muscle, it is observed:
• In lesions roots L3 and / or L4.
- for example, with high lumbar herniaintervertebral disc revealed signs of vertebral syndrome, with lesion L4 - a violation of sensitivity on the inner surface of the tibia and motor disorders in the innervation of the tibial nerve (for more details, see above);
- with inflammatory radiculopathy, for example, inthe scope of borreliosis (often with a history of tick bite, chronic migratory erythema, pleocytosis in the cerebrospinal fluid). • With plexopathy, for example:
- vascular genesis in diabetes mellitus with lesion primarily of the femoral nerve;
- with acute retroperitoneal hematoma in the vagina of the ilio-lumbar muscle, for example, with the use of anticoagulants or the pathology of the coagulation system. Decisive for diagnosis is CT.
Lesion of the femoral nerve can be caused by surgical intervention. However, in the first place in the clinical picture is rarely pain, the cup is the paresis of the quadriceps muscle of the thigh.
Pain over the inner surface in the distal parts of the thigh and in the knee withobjectively detected by hypoesthesia in this area and by paresis of the adductors with a weakening reflex of the outgoing muscles indicates a lesion of the occlusal nerve (the Hauschip-Romberg symptom).
Function violation and / or edema of the knee is often observed in clinical practice and indicates, as a rule, orthopedic, surgical or rheumatological disease of the knee joint.
Neurological symptoms observed:
• on the inner surface of the knee - the above-mentioned symptom of Hauschip-Romberg;
• when compressing the podnadolnikovoy branch of the subcutaneous nerve (patellar neuropathy) as it passes through the fascia - on the outer surface of the knee.