Edema of the feet redness of the skin
Redness of the skin and the appearance of edema in this place often indicates the presence of a serious disease. Swelling and redness of the foot - an excuse, go to the doctor and undergo a series of diagnostic procedures.
Causes of redness of the skin and edema of the foot
Provoke swelling and redness of the skin can:
- Stretching of lower leg. When stretching the muscles of the tendon as a result of trauma or serious strain break away from the bones, provoking the onset of pain;
- Deep vein thrombosis. In thrombosis, blood clots formdeep veins. As a result, this leads to swelling, redness of the skin and the occurrence of fever in the limbs. There may be a thrombosis due to obesity, surgical error, injury, taking birth control pills or pregnancy;
- Cellulite. If it is present in the region of the shin, it may well lead to edema and redness. If there is inflammation of the lymph nodes, then the treatment is done with the help of antibiotics;
- Phlebitis. This is the name for inflammation of the vein located in the lower part of the leg. The causes of this ailment are infections, blood transfusions, taking certain medications;
- Fracture of the bone. If there is a fracture, then in addition to redness of the skin and swelling, a person experiences pain and sees blue-black bruises in the place of fracture.
Swelling, redness, and rash
If in addition to edema of the foot and redness of the skin alsothere is a rash, then you can talk about diseases such as dermatitis, neurodermatitis, eczema, diabetes, Graves' disease, scabies, psoriasis, erysipelas, ringworm.