Edema of the legs with trauma
Edema is an excessive accumulation of fluid in the human body, in tissues and tissue spaces. In other words, swelling occurs when fluid accumulates in the muscles of the legs and tissues.
If you ignore the treatment, then swelling can lead to more serious complications.
- Hydramic edema. Occur as a result of accumulation in the body of a large amount of fluid. Can accompany a number of diseases of oncology;
- cachectic edema. Occur with cardiovascular failure;
- stagnant swelling occurs when pressure occurs in the capillaries, the protein in the blood decreases;
- mechanical edema. This form includes swelling of the legs after trauma. Similar symptoms can occur during pregnancy, as well as tumors;
- Neuropathic tumors. They arise with alcoholism and diabetes mellitus;
- Allergic swelling causes deep swelling of the skin.
- Great load on legs. This is mainly affected by people who spend most of their time "on their feet";
- excessive use of liquid;
- metabolic disease;
- flat feet;
- sitting with crossed legs for a long time;
- incorrectly selected shoes. Especially it concerns women. Shoes can not be worn either on an excessively high heel, or without a heel. Heel is better to be average, shoes should not squeeze toes;
- phlebeurysm ;
- violation of the cardiovascular system;
- kidney disease. It is accompanied by edema of both lower extremities, mainly from the back side. It can also be accompanied by swelling of the eyelids, or the appearance of circles under the eyes, a change in color and the amount of urine.
- diseases of the intestine. The symptoms are the same as in "kidney" edema, but are accompanied not by a decrease in the amount of urine, but by diarrhea;
- "Elephant disease." There is a disturbance of lymph drainage in the skin and under the skin, which leads to disruption of water and protein metabolism in the body, stagnation of lymph. There is a strong swelling of the lower extremities;
- Thyroid gland can also bethe cause of edema. However, swelling here occurs not only on the lower limbs, but even on the tongue, shoulders, the person displays lethargy, drowsiness, propensity to constipation;
- edema can occur in cases of acute thrombophlebitis. Usually they are accompanied by redness, itching, fever.
The cause of the appearance of edema after fracture of the footlies in the violations of the circulation of soft tissues at the site of the fracture. As a rule, discomfort is not accompanied by painful sensations, but only stiffness of muscles. Passes independently in a few weeks. Swelling often occurs as a result of an operation on the leg. In this case, the operating or observing physician should explain the cause of their occurrence.
Treatment procedures can be divided into three groups:
During the day, you need to do exercises to relieve swelling.
- Pressing the heel to the floor, the socks lift up and vice versa;
- in the course of 2 minutes, like fingertips;
- spread out and alternately compress your fingers;
- Raise a pencil or other small object with bare feet;
- do rotational movements with your feet (from left to right and vice versa);
- put the right foot on the left, raise the sock up, hold it as long as possible, then change the feet;
- stand on your toes for a few seconds. Then make 5-10 jumps.
With edema associated with a foot injury, the use of gymnastics should not cause pain.
Before using medications, you need to consult a doctor and find out the cause of edema.
- "Essaven Gel" improves blood circulation, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and veins. Good for treating leg edema after bruises.
- Heparin ointment also improves blood circulation, resolves microscopic blood clots. Removes the anti-inflammatory process.
- "Venitan" is an extract obtained from horse chestnut, well strengthens capillaries.
- "Troxevasit" has an analgesic effect, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and veins.
Take 1 part turpentine, add 2 parts of castor oil. Oil should be heated, pour turpentine into it, then rub your legs. After that, wear cotton socks.
1 egg yolk stir with 1 teaspoonturpentine, add 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar. If a leg swells after a fracture, lubricate the resulting mixture with a neat movement of the damaged area.
Astragalus, the infusion of this herb has a beneficial effect ondecreased swelling. Pour in 10gr. Astragalus with a glass of boiling water, allow to cool and strain the infusion. Take 3 tablespoons three times a day for two weeks, then take a break for three weeks. Then repeat the procedure. The course of such treatment lasts no less than 4, but not more than 6 months.
For tired legs it is very good to do massage withusing pieces of frozen herbal infusions. In this case, you need to use decoctions of yarrow, eucalyptus, peppermint, sage, arnica mountain. Such herbal infusions will be useful if the foot swells after removing the gypsum.
Baths should be made from cold water withthe addition of sea salt, which is good for fatigue. With fatigue and swelling of the legs, contrasting baths are excellent. Alternately lower your legs in hot (5 min), then in cold (10 sec.) Water.
With edema, a foot massage is useful. After taking a bath, perform a massage, starting from the feet and ending with the thigh. It is very useful to knead the nail bed and the base of the nail.
It is recommended not to drink liquid after 19.00. To remove excess fluid from the body use decoctions of bark and elderberry fruits. When swelling is necessary to use diuretics. You need to take 2-3 spoons of horsetail, sporis, birch buds. 1 tbsp. Spoon the ingredient with 1 glass of boiling water, warm in a water bath for half an hour, then cool and use a tablespoon 3 times a day after eating.