Postnatal edema of the legs
The article was published on November 22, 2012
Women - a creature incomprehensible and mysterious. Whatever happens to them, they want to like in any state - even those who do not like them. Even when the legs become painful, swollen and heavy, and the skin shows the first signs of varicose veins.
Anything can provoke the onset of the disease: overweight, weight lifting, professional sports, sedentary or standing work, frequent stress, pregnancy.
Pregnant women automatically fall intorisk group of varicose veins. It is clear why: the circulatory system of the future mother works in a strengthened mode, we can say for two. Due to the need to provide the fetus with oxygen and nutrients, the blood circulation rate is increased by 30%. Weight during pregnancy is constantly growing, more stress is on your feet, and a decrease in mobility only aggravates the situation. Uterus, increasing in size, compresses the vessels of the small pelvis, which complicates the normal venous outflow. And the hormone progesterone, produced in large quantities during pregnancy, promotes the widening of the lumen of the veins. That's why pregnancy is considered to be one of the weighty factors provoking the emergence of such a widespread disease to date, like varicose veins.
Young mothers know firsthand what postpartum puffiness. heaviness, fatigue in the legs. A little later, pain is added to them. Externally, varicose leg disease manifests itself in the form of vascular asterisks, a net on the legs and calves of the legs. And no matter how you consoled yourself, this is not a trifle, but a serious disease in the initial stage. If you do not start treatment immediately, the disease will progress. Over time, the traces will become more visible in the form of intertwined and swollen nodes, which can lead to bleeding, the formation of wounds that do not heal for a long time.
To get rid of postpartum swelling,fatigue, and prevent the development of varicose veins, young mothers should follow recommendations on the way of life and nutrition, as well as use local medications that will help get rid of the symptoms and prevent the development of the disease.
- Try to move more, do not stand for a long time in one place.
- Make sure that the lower part of the hip does not rest on the edge of the chair when you sit. If possible put your feet on the dais. Do not throw your foot behind your leg.
- Consume as much plant food as possible in raw form or with minimal heat treatment.
- Sleep on your left side with a raised bed of 5-8 degrees.
- Less visit the bath and are in the sun to avoid overheating and sunbathing.
- Swim more. If this is not possible, take a contrast shower. Provide moderate physical activity.
- Wear low-heeled shoes so that the blood vessels on the legs are well supplied with blood, especially when you have to walk for a long time with the stroller, to reduce soreness and postnatal swelling of the legs.
- Consult a specialist to prescribe medication and recommend compression stockings.
Do not disregard the advice of professionals, and thenbeautiful legs with a soft, smooth and firm skin for a long time will please you. They will not only be your calling card, but also a proof that you are watching your beauty and health.